Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The NOPE Thread *Not for the Squeamish*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Is it creepy? Gore and stuff doesn't really bother me. I downloaded A Serbian Film a few weeks ago but never bothered watching it. I want something to make me cry with fear :pac:

You, an empty house, a big screen, with loud volume, at night, with The Grudge. Bye :)

The-Grudge-the-grudge-series-23271946-434-289.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

EnterNow wrote: »
    You, an empty house, a big screen, with loud volume, at night, with The Grudge. Bye :)

I've seen it. Meh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Is it creepy? Gore and stuff doesn't really bother me. I downloaded A Serbian Film a few weeks ago but never bothered watching it. I want something to make me cry with fear :pac:

It's a creepy psychological thriller. It's the only film that's really freaked me out, mainly because it's a storyline that could actually happen. Don't think I've ever heard a bad review of it.

smash wrote: »
    It's a creepy psychological thriller. It's the only film that's really freaked me out, mainly because it's a storyline that could actually happen. Don't think I've ever heard a bad review of it.

Just had a read up of it on imdb there...sounds good actually! That's next on my list, cheers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Just had a read up of it on imdb there...sounds good actually! That's next on my list, cheers :D
    "Rated R for disturbing/severe aberrant behavior involving strong bloody violence, torture, child abuse and some nudity (edited version)"

See, definitely worth it :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,017 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

Blue Waffle </Thread>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Chorcai wrote: »

Those Dnepropetrovsk guys who killed in Ukraine, that was fairly hard to watch.

I made a comment mentioning that tape, but I removed it out of fear someone would try and find it and watch it. No one should be subjected to that video
    Watch Martyrs. It's not a horror, but it's pretty sickening.

I downloaded that ages ago and havent watched it, worth it?
    I downloaded A Serbian Film a few weeks ago but never bothered watching it. I want something to make me cry with fear :pac:

NO :mad:

Darksaga87 wrote: »

NO :mad:

Really bad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Really bad?

It aims to be shocking just for the sake of it. Nothing interesting by way of plot or characters, visually drab and underwhelming. Pure and utter filth.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Serbian_Film#Plot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Really bad?

There are 2 bits in it that are just beyond disturbing, and not in a good way.
    It's not even a good film either.
    I wouldn't recommend it to anyone I liked!

Really bad?

Its pure crap. But there are parts of it that just stay in your mind for a while, just for for being being horrific.
    Anyone who has seen it, knows about the new born scene.

keeping with the theme of thread.

Vx6I1.jpg

I made a comment mentioning that tape, but I removed it out of fear someone would try and find it and watch it. No one should be subjected to that video

Agreed, I've read about it but chose never to watch the video. There are things which are just not meant to be seen.

I also read about the two cartel member decapitations mentioned earlier in the thread...apparently they were 'snitches' & the video is meant as a warning to all others that this will be the faith if caught 'snitching'. The site I read about it on had the video there ready to play, but I chose not to, reading about it was enough.

I did however cave & watched the diving accident, it's pretty horrific. From what I've read about it, the hospital scenes are when he's already dead & that explains the lack of emergency about the scene. For his own sake, I would hope by that stage he was gone as the damage was beyond severe. There are also comments that it was two videos spliced together, with the hospital scene showing a failed suicide by gun attempt. I'm not so sure on that, as the damage is fairly straight & 'clean' medically.

I'll never watch the Dnepropetrovsk tape, or any other 'gore' type thing with inflicted suffering on one person by another. Ever.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

I did however cave & watched the diving accident, it's pretty horrific. From what I've read about it, the hospital scenes are when he's already dead & that explains the lack of emergency about the scene. For his own sake, I would hope by that stage he was gone as the damage was beyond severe. There are also comments that it was two videos spliced together, with the hospital scene showing a failed suicide by gun attempt. I'm not so sure on that, as the damage is fairly straight & 'clean' medically.

Either way if it was him or not, you can see the guy (the diver or failed suicide man) breathing and moving/twitching. Other have said he is still alive or died 2 days later.

Agreed, I've read about it but chose never to watch the video. There are things which are just not meant to be seen.
    I made the mistake of watching some of it. I turned it off pretty damn quick, reading the description which is enough for anyone with a morbid curiosity.

There are loads of theories floating around about it. Someone translated what the doctor was saying: "Where do I begin?"
    And pushing his head closed was to align his breathing equipment.
    Some say he was still alive, you can see his tongue moving around, but that could be his nervous system spazing out.
    Others have said he dies 2 hours after that video, others 2 days.
    But yeah, for his own sake, I hope he died pretty quick.

Chorcai wrote: »
    Either way if it was him or not, you can see the guy (the diver or failed suicide man) breathing and moving/twitching. Other have said he is still alive or died 2 days later.

Hmm, don't remember his breathing but I do remember the seeming twitching/moving which could be just nerve endings firing etc, esp if brain damaged.

I'm not that curious that I wanna watch it again for breathing movement :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

My browsing history is going to be quite suspect due to this thread :pac:
    I won't link but if you google "diving accident" it's one of the first results that comes up, on liveleak.com.
    There are loads of them! I dont want to watch loads of car crash videos to find this one. A little more info?

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    My browsing history is going to be quite suspect due to this thread :pac:

There are loads of them! I dont want to watch loads of car crash videos to find this one. A little more info?

It's the second link when you google "diving accident"... Well it is for me anyway. I'll PM you the link if you can't find it. On Liveleak it's called "Cell Phone Video: Horrific Diving Accident **GRAPHIC**"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I made the mistake of watching some of it. I turned it off pretty damn quick, reading the description which is enough for anyone with a morbid curiosity.

Reading Wikipedia's description of the case is enough..:eek:

dfx- wrote: »
    Reading Wikipedia's description of the case is enough..:eek:

Agreed, I re-read it there. There's just no need to watch the video, the crimes themselves are vile enough for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Agreed, I re-read it there. There's just no need to watch the video, the crimes themselves are vile enough for me.
    I wouldn't be squemish. I'd skin and gut a rabbit without a blink of an eye, but I watched that video a while back, and it got to me.
    I wouldn't recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

I remember when I was sent the Chechclear video a few years ago (the Russian Soldier, if you've seen it, no need for an explanation). It is quite disturbing.

The thing with these videos is there is usually no context or background story but having seen some, they serve a purpose too. They remind us that people are not very nice and life is not some Disney movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,082 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It's the second link when you google "diving accident"... Well it is for me anyway. I'll PM you the link if you can't find it. On Liveleak it's called "Cell Phone Video: Horrific Diving Accident **GRAPHIC**"
    Found it, and to me it looks like he is breathing in the hospital part. Poor guy.

I think I know why I didnt find it myself, every single time I read "diving" as "driving" :o Diving makes a whole lot more sense than driving. Was wondering how it would happen in driving which was why I wanted to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Tazium

[YOUTUBE.]Fme7uwd1X6w[/YOUTUBE]

Nuppin futs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

"Rated R for disturbing/severe aberrant behavior involving strong bloody violence, torture, child abuse and some nudity (edited version)"

See, definitely worth it :D:D
    I watched that a few weeks ago and it keeps resurfacing in my dreams. It was creepy. as. hell.
    I actually don't know why I watched it, and I regret it immensely!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Digitalism wrote: »
    A few others things that made me go NOPE

http://i.imgur.com/xxAQZ.jpg
    OMG I just moved to Switzerland and live right next to this building! What were the chances?! :eek:

How so Joe wrote: »
    I watched that a few weeks ago and it keeps resurfacing in my dreams. It was creepy. as. hell.
    I actually don't know why I watched it, and I regret it immensely!

Excellent. Can't wait :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I'm not sure why this video freaks me out but it's just creepy! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

OMG I just moved to Switzerland and live right next to this building! What were the chances?! :eek:

Have you ever seen anyone walk on them?
    I'd imagine they cling to the wall!

Advertisement