Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

PP match specials

I don't think its a special as in its the same as if you were to place the double for each to score anytime, still a nice price though..

stuck a Tenner on it. Bilbao matches have always been good for goals, and those 2 in particular seem to have a love affair with the comp.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

2 doubles for me for tonight:

Atletico/Bilbao BTS & B'ham/B'pool BTS 7/4

Gonna do a Falcao/Llorente anytime double as well,no price up on the android PP site at the moment for Llorente.

edit: found price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Wigan 4/7 to beat Wolves. Must be the shortest odds on Wigan to win a Premier League game ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,966 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »
    Atletico Madrid v Athletic Bilbao Falcao 11/10 anytime scorer

That is fair tasty

Gone for that 30 euro take

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Falcao anytime 6/4 pp

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Athletic Bilbao DNB@ 23/20
    Blackpool Or Draw @ 10/11 @ 4.1

and

Blackpool @ 4.00
    Athletic Bilbao @ 3.00 @ 12

9/1 Bilbao to win in e.t. might stick a fiver on that

another fiver on atletico Madrid/draw h/t f/t 11/1

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Falcao and Llorente anytime double @ just over 11/2

• Advertisement

MikeyGorse wrote: »
    Falcao and Llorente anytime double @ just over 11/2

You had to get that in didn't you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Double:
    Bokelj or draw (Montenegrin league)
    Viktoria Plzen NOT to win to nil
    @ 2.54

based on nothing but the movement of the odds :pac:

Double:
    @ 2.54

Lasagna what do you use to watch the movement of the odds?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Cardex

Spurs -v- Fulham

Aside from losing to a fairly reasonable Everton side, Fulham are on a pretty decent run. Spurs are well capable of slipping up here and don't see why they're such favourites. €100 on Fulham DNB at 6.0 with 365.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Double:
    @ 2.54

Have the odds moved?

I have Viktoria in a double at 2/9 and this morning when I checked they were 1/5, have they drifted back out a tad?

Edit: just got a quick look, they are still 1/5 with bet365 anyway? where has the odds shifted? Something to keep an eye on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

PRICEGASM!! Falcao to score tonight & Atletico Madrid to win 4/! Max bet of £10. Once it's gone, it's GONE! http://t.co/wyZNhXsS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

ft9 wrote: »
    PRICEGASM!! Falcao to score tonight & Atletico Madrid to win 4/! Max bet of £10. Once it's gone, it's GONE! http://t.co/wyZNhXsS

€12.50 on, guessing there's no way to lay for a free ride or anyone know a good way?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Took the Falcao Wincast @ 4/1 and Falcao + Llorente Anytime @ 11/2 earlier , also gone for Viktoria Plzeň -2 @ 6/4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Also on the Falcao Wincast @ 4/1 and had taken him anytime at 6/4 earlier too!

kryogen wrote: »
    Have the odds moved?

I have Viktoria in a double at 2/9 and this morning when I checked they were 1/5, have they drifted back out a tad?

Edit: just got a quick look, they are still 1/5 with bet365 anyway? where has the odds shifted? Something to keep an eye on :)

I saw Viktoria concede very few goals so I checked the odds on them to win to nil yesterday and they were at 1.88, now they're at 2.00 for some strange reason, also the odds on the other team to score went down, hopefully both tems will score :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Stuck my last €4 on PP on Falco.

awhir wrote: »
    Lasagna what do you use to watch the movement of the odds?

For the smaller leagues I note down some of the odds a few days before the games are played so I can compare them on game day.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Macronelf

Think I might go with Bilbao/Llorente anytime

mantis on bettingadivce posted this
    Last and most important, I based my bet on the referee of the game, Wolfgang Stark. The German referee played in two games in EL this season, the Man City-Porto 4-0 and the Sporting-Metalist 2-1. He showed 5 yellows (2 became red) in Manchester and 6 yellows and a penalty in Lisboa. Atletico are based in pressing the opponents high in their area but this means that they get booked often. Before Simeon arrived in Madrid, Falcao hadn’t seen any yellow card and with just 5 games with Someone in charge, Falcao was booked 4 times! This doesn’t mean that Atletico will have a red card in the game (who knows?) but it means that Stark will cut their will to a perform a tough pressing and most probably make them a bit anxious with his bookings.

could be worth taking madrid 0 on the card handicap @ 2.10

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭alfalion

ft9 wrote: »
    PRICEGASM!! Falcao to score tonight & Atletico Madrid to win 4/! Max bet of £10. Once it's gone, it's GONE! http://t.co/wyZNhXsS[/QUOTE]

its 16/5 on the win cast anyway so your only getting 8 euro extra on 10 with a 4/1 and there is no limit on 16/5

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

-Ade- wrote: »
    Falcao + Llorente Anytime @ 11/2 earlier

Where are you getting odds on this?

Have a double of Plzen -1 and Slovacko €15 returns €33.
    EDIT: Whoops, thought it was 5.30 KO's turns out it was 5, both 1 up already :O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Actually I disagree with it - it will be Athletic pressing aggresively and Atletico trying to soak a pressure. Bielsa knows only one way to play - attack. Simeone is much more pragmatic, after he took over there were some games where Atletico was really defensive minded.

My ideas for a bet here: Over 11 corners, over 5.5 corners Athletic (they are more attacking team, they will attack more when 0:0 and they can be more adventorous when leading - so in theory it's better bet), over 3.5 yellow cards in 2nd half (can see 1st half being slower and not heated, but no way it can go this way for 90 minutes). And of course BTTS plus Llorente or/and Falcao anytime.

I talked earlier today to leading Primera Division TV announcer in Poland. He told me interesting thing - he remember some games with two spanish teams before and referee from other league (or even culture, like Stark) quite aften was struggling to adapt. Many bookings just based on players reaction, when spanish referee would be more lenient.

I've gone for Atletico Madrid @ 2.20...let's see if my bad luck continues :pac:

and a tiny bet on Atletico to win 2-1 @ 7.25

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

went for bilbao 11/5
    too big a price and ive always fancied them
    to take this cup (since the quarters anyway)

couldnt resist the 11/2 on llorente and falc at

and a double of black brum and athleticos both to score (both4/6)
    hard to see past that one imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

mailburner wrote: »
    went for bilbao 11/5
    too big a price and ive always fancied them
    to take this cup (since the quarters anyway)

couldnt resist the 11/2 on llorente and falc at

and a double of black brum and athleticos both to score (both4/6)
    hard to see past that one imo

On this too. I reckon we'll see goalfests.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement