Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

most pointless airsoft item?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭johnmc_carthy

ha, its up there!! but put a magpul logo on it and watch it sell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

Hococop wrote: »
    http://www.airsoftpark.com/product_info.php?products_id=9827

is it me or is this a very pointless item

tumblr_m2yh8qtntG1r0kgheo2_500.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭whydave

sorry , wasn't mine but I've used one and it did have it's uses !
    that said I would never send my cash on one :)
    but as said put a magpul logo on it and it will sell ! case in point here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

Well it does actually have a use in my case and I believe it's why it was made :) if your like me and you have a 5000rnd manual winding mag and you wish you went electric… well there's the solution and let's say you have a battleax brand electric mag and you burn out the motor… there's the solution :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Well from what I've heard they die rather quickly, so I wouldn't be putting too much faith in the motors! ;)

Most pointless in my book? Using RS weaponlights that cost more than the gun....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

I'm pretty sure anything classic army comes close to the title of most pointless item :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

http://www.mainirishairsoft.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=809

Why like?? Looks horrendous, costs a fortune and again looks horrendous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

I win. :p

The only possible use for this thing humiliation kills and even then I'm not sure the person being humiliated would notice.

That's for people who can't afford a rifle and and an undervaluing launcher

for pistol only games :D

my kampfpistole has caused many an opponent to nearly crap themselves in such games over the years! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

Helmets, multicam, silencers, desert camo and plate carriers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

kieranfitz wrote: »
    Helmets, multicam, silencers, desert camo and plate carriers.

Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope.

Helmets: I seriously regretted not having one when I took a close range burst to the back of the head a fortnight or so back. Definitely has its uses.

Suppressors can be used to cover up extended inner barrels. Definitely not useless.

Plate carriers provide plenty space for mags, etc. I even know a guy who uses dummy plates in his carrier as part of his exercise routine. Has uses.

Usefulness of camo changes from site to site.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 455 ✭✭UMP45

Nothing is pointless

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭boxinginfo

how american can we get

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭boxinginfo

looks good to me

boxinginfo wrote: »
    looks good to me

Each to there own I suppose, but for that kind of money Id rather get an M203 or a pistol than that flare gun replica.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Controversial post inc

Scopes on an AEG

I think they are pointless

Discuss

TheDoc wrote: »
    Controversial post inc

Scopes on an AEG

Discuss

I do and I don't agree with you, small dot sights yea grand but something like 3x9-40 on a cqb I just do not get it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

Controversial post inc

Scopes on an AEG

Discuss
    I always remember the young fella I saw once with a M16A2 that had a scope mounted on the carrying handle. There was no adaptor so the scope was angled down and probably gave him a magnified view of the base of the foresight.

It was a toss up as to whether it looked more stupid than it was useless.

Now that's pointless...

I've always found 1.5x -2x magnification really useful on AEGs... beyond that, no....

• Advertisement

What if you have a very long barrelled weapon… you couldn't just pop a dot sight x2 scope on it it would need a preportionately sized scope :)

That sounds like someone I know. He got a cheap gen1 or gen2 nite vision monocular and it had threading in it do you could put a screw through the carry handle and it too ended up at an angle and had this black blur he said the whole time he was using it he didn't realise it till I pointed it out to him lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Trying to determine an item's worth in terms of usefulness is as difficult as it is subjective - what you and I find useful are two vastly different things, as we are vastly different people with different requirements, as well as different standards.

There is no question that there is an awful lot of junk out in the world, but universally categorising something as pointless is a touch too much.

RS optics is one of those things that is up for debate; the tolerances are far in excess of what we need as a baseline, but the quality speaks for itself. It is worth the money for the optic itself, but it is rather a question of would a cheaper alternative not have sufficed? For some people dealing with the pains of a €45 EOTech not adjusting properly, or having ghosting, or being a RDS when they want a holographic sight make it worth spending €300 on a RS EOTech. At the end of the day it comes down to your individual notions of worth and value.

I know that RS scopes and sights are used on GBBR's because they are built to hold their zeroing regardless of how many knocks and recoil is thrown their way that's why the WE G39 series does not have a scoped carry handle because they loose zeroing after two shots

Simply put in my view scopes are worthless.

There is a debate for sniper rifles but thats obvious.

But on an assault rifle that can fire at most 100 yards ( if even) and where the trajectory is typically skewered I see no reason for a scope bar the looks.

And looking at most players its what they are for, considering they look down the side of their barrell, not over it.

And also considering that since most lads are mad for the ROF, they just have a white line they move around till it hits something.

I had scopes, thought they were added weight and provided no advantage what so ever, dumped them.

And also considering that since most lads are mad for the ROF, they just have a white line they move around till it hits something.

That's sortof my tactic except I use a torch to eliminate them and adjust my aim as such. But that's in a CQB environment been a while since Ive been in the field so to speak :D

Jsmurff wrote: »
    That's sortof my tactic except I use a torch to eliminate them and adjust my aim as such. But that's in a CQB environment been a while since Ive been in the field so to speak :D

Since most indoor sites is full auto, sure you can just close your eyes and hit someone

Since most indoor sites is full auto, sure you can just close your eyes and hit someone
    Yeah but that increases the risk of walking into walls and such…

well I put a t1 micro on my aeg not only cos I like the look of them but over there small size my vision is not obscured by it. Its just fast target acquisition really that there for. But like I said I dont get having telescopic 3x9 optics on short barreled rifles.

And at the end of day it does not make diddly squat whether you have a optics, just iron sights or shooting down the barrel wind is guna throw your bb's all over the shop outdoors. Indoors I can see there uses. But you can argue if your in agreement with the doc that iron sights are redundant then, take them off and your left with a length of lonely ris.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

well to be honest even a magnified scope is sort of useless on a bolt action considering most of them have shorter barrels than some AEG's. I use a red dot on my M4 simply because my iron sight aren't accurate, I use the RDS to compensate for the BB's travelling out of the view of my irons, if my BB travelled rouglhy along the sight of my irons I would use them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

An empty mag :P

Shane_ef wrote: »
    An empty mag :P

without an empty one you can't refill them so not useless, unless you go into an actual game with empty ones :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

And then helmets and plate carriers are useful again! :pac:

And then helmets and plate carriers are useful again! :pac:

So wait I keep my eyes open and all the "tacticol" stuff is useless but when I close my eyes their suddenly usefull? My this has taken a strange turn :pac:

I think certain scope are necessary for certain reasons except for theses micro bits they are supposedly dot sights see no point in them something like a holo sight now would make sence to me but those god awfull doctor and t1's are just terrible! It's like glueing you eye **** and perforating a lid with a needle to see out

So wait I keep my eyes open and all the "tacticol" stuff is useless but when I close my eyes their suddenly usefull? My this has taken a strange turn :pac:

I think certain scope are necessary for certain reasons except for theses micro bits they are supposedly dot sights see no point in them something like a holo sight now would make sence to me but those god awfull doctor and t1's are just terrible! It's like glueing you eye **** and perforating a lid with a needle to see out

well Kev already made a point on Holo sight being useless. The airsoft ones are usually not very good and the real ones have all these buttons (eotechs) which don't work too well on the airosft ones, then you have the terrible ghosting problem :(

Don't like holo's one bit.....

Man this could go on all day arguing bout which bits you like and argue why, Its what works for "you" at the end of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

come across a lot of people who have problems with halo sights, normally they're trying to look through them rather than past them

personally never had a problem with them other than ghosting but I do prefer iron sights for general use

Puding wrote: »
    come across a lot of people who have problems with halo sights, normally they're trying to look through them rather than past them

personally never had a problem with them other than ghosting but I do prefer iron sights for general use

Worst thing I've seen in relation to holo sights is people putonghua their eye right up to it and squinting through it as though it's a sniper scope :rolleyes: ghosting happens its what ya get for buying cheap knock off's but I personally think holo's are aesthetically the best choice and have the best target acquisition lens

NOW what about dummy armour or SAPI plates???? Why????? Who is going to F***ing see them unless your a pretentious twat who stands around the ready room saying "everyone look here as I put my useless armour plates into my useless plate carrier to match my useless bomb desposle ensemble for the days airsofting events" :)

NOW what about dummy armour or SAPI plates

think we finally found a useless airsoft item. which reminds me I actually got dummy plates with my tac vest when i ordered it, took them straight out ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

dummy armour or SAPI plates????

They are more popular in countries with a higher joule rating. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

tbh most of the people I know that use them have them in to keep the vest ridged as they're designed to have them in place giving structure to the vest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,638 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

NOW what about dummy armour or SAPI plates???? Why?????

We're talking about the foam plates yes? If so, they keep the vest in shape, especially in you're wearing something like a Ciras that needs to be kept tight to the body and up on your chest. The plates make it more comfortable and makes it sit the right way.

On a side note, there nothing worse than seeing someone wearing a Ciras or any plate carrier with the bottom of it down at their waistline and the straps hanging over their shoulders. I don't know how that can be comfortable, it should be up as high as possible.

Well from my experience if the vest fits then it'll hold it's shaped well do to me their useless and as for country's with higher fps levels thats grand but hear in Ireland where it's 328fps then it's useless

Well from my experience if the vest fits then it'll hold it's shaped well do to me their useless and as for country's with higher fps levels thats grand but hear in Ireland where it's 328fps then it's useless

even with the higher limits I can't see it having much use as I'd imagine your mag pouches and all the other pouches will take the force.
    my vest is a plate carrier and sits up by itself on the floor without the plates in it :)

Never really got tamiya to deans adapters, with the money spent on that you could have just bought a pack of deans.

Never really got tamiya to deans adapters, with the money spent on that you could have just bought a pack of deans.

That and by using them you're increasing the overall resistance on the circuit rather than reducing it, which is the point of fitting Deans in the first place....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

I think Puding has hit the nail on the head - a lot of the deemed 'pointless' items are ineffective due to user error; most people do not know how to properly use RDS optics, or even standard magnified sights.

With regard to magnified scopes on AEG's and Bolties being useless or dead weight, I have to disagree. Scopes can be used to great effect for spotting purposes, as well as corrective aim. When properly zeroed, your shots can be dead on the cross hairs, or at the very least close enough for you to correct your aim based upon what you can see through the sight.

Once again it all boils down to using things properly etc.

That said, most of the time they're overkill...but since so much of it is looks based anyway, why stop at the gun? Just make sure to zero the sights.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

Agree with the above on scopes, if you have it dialed in correctly, it makes life using black/green bbs far easier!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

handy if you need to lend a battery to a team mate who is still running on tymia's :eek: or visa versa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭sharpy2010

how about people carrying grenade launchers for the poser look but have no working nades our nades at all.
    or again for practicality here, I know a group of polish guys who have everything you can think of for the ultimate loadout buts its just frustrating seeing them with a satnav(sorry i mean gps) strapped to the rifle butt like in MW2 and cracklights!!!! when we're playing in daylight in a small section of woods:rolleyes::rolleyes: If im worried about getting lost in the woods then its probably not the best place for me

Blay wrote: »
    On a side note, there nothing worse than seeing someone wearing a Ciras or any plate carrier with the bottom of it down at their waistline and the straps hanging over their shoulders. I don't know how that can be comfortable, it should be up as high as possible.

As much as I agree with the above, for some reason I'm more comfy having my mags lower around my stomach or waist.

I bought a Tigerstripe vest that is high but the mag pouches are high and its a big struggle to reload. I'm a pretty fast mag changer and I think the higher my mags go the slower I get , might be just me

• Advertisement
Advertisement