Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

most pointless airsoft item?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭johnmc_carthy

ha, its up there!! but put a magpul logo on it and watch it sell

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭moggser

Hococop wrote: »
    http://www.airsoftpark.com/product_info.php?products_id=9827

is it me or is this a very pointless item

tumblr_m2yh8qtntG1r0kgheo2_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

sorry , wasn't mine but I've used one and it did have it's uses !
    that said I would never send my cash on one :)
    but as said put a magpul logo on it and it will sell ! case in point here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

Well it does actually have a use in my case and I believe it's why it was made :) if your like me and you have a 5000rnd manual winding mag and you wish you went electric… well there's the solution and let's say you have a battleax brand electric mag and you burn out the motor… there's the solution :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Well from what I've heard they die rather quickly, so I wouldn't be putting too much faith in the motors! ;)

Most pointless in my book? Using RS weaponlights that cost more than the gun....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

I'm pretty sure anything classic army comes close to the title of most pointless item :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

http://www.mainirishairsoft.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=809

Why like?? Looks horrendous, costs a fortune and again looks horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

I win. :p

The only possible use for this thing humiliation kills and even then I'm not sure the person being humiliated would notice.

That's for people who can't afford a rifle and and an undervaluing launcher

for pistol only games :D

my kampfpistole has caused many an opponent to nearly crap themselves in such games over the years! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

Helmets, multicam, silencers, desert camo and plate carriers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

kieranfitz wrote: »
    Helmets, multicam, silencers, desert camo and plate carriers.

Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope.

Helmets: I seriously regretted not having one when I took a close range burst to the back of the head a fortnight or so back. Definitely has its uses.

Suppressors can be used to cover up extended inner barrels. Definitely not useless.

Plate carriers provide plenty space for mags, etc. I even know a guy who uses dummy plates in his carrier as part of his exercise routine. Has uses.

Usefulness of camo changes from site to site.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 455 ✭✭UMP45

Nothing is pointless

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭boxinginfo

how american can we get

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭boxinginfo

looks good to me

boxinginfo wrote: »
    looks good to me

Each to there own I suppose, but for that kind of money Id rather get an M203 or a pistol than that flare gun replica.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Controversial post inc

Scopes on an AEG

I think they are pointless

Discuss

TheDoc wrote: »
    Controversial post inc

Scopes on an AEG

Discuss

I do and I don't agree with you, small dot sights yea grand but something like 3x9-40 on a cqb I just do not get it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

Controversial post inc

Scopes on an AEG

Discuss
    I always remember the young fella I saw once with a M16A2 that had a scope mounted on the carrying handle. There was no adaptor so the scope was angled down and probably gave him a magnified view of the base of the foresight.

It was a toss up as to whether it looked more stupid than it was useless.

Now that's pointless...

I've always found 1.5x -2x magnification really useful on AEGs... beyond that, no....

• Advertisement

What if you have a very long barrelled weapon… you couldn't just pop a dot sight x2 scope on it it would need a preportionately sized scope :)

That sounds like someone I know. He got a cheap gen1 or gen2 nite vision monocular and it had threading in it do you could put a screw through the carry handle and it too ended up at an angle and had this black blur he said the whole time he was using it he didn't realise it till I pointed it out to him lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Trying to determine an item's worth in terms of usefulness is as difficult as it is subjective - what you and I find useful are two vastly different things, as we are vastly different people with different requirements, as well as different standards.

There is no question that there is an awful lot of junk out in the world, but universally categorising something as pointless is a touch too much.

RS optics is one of those things that is up for debate; the tolerances are far in excess of what we need as a baseline, but the quality speaks for itself. It is worth the money for the optic itself, but it is rather a question of would a cheaper alternative not have sufficed? For some people dealing with the pains of a €45 EOTech not adjusting properly, or having ghosting, or being a RDS when they want a holographic sight make it worth spending €300 on a RS EOTech. At the end of the day it comes down to your individual notions of worth and value.

I know that RS scopes and sights are used on GBBR's because they are built to hold their zeroing regardless of how many knocks and recoil is thrown their way that's why the WE G39 series does not have a scoped carry handle because they loose zeroing after two shots

Simply put in my view scopes are worthless.

There is a debate for sniper rifles but thats obvious.

But on an assault rifle that can fire at most 100 yards ( if even) and where the trajectory is typically skewered I see no reason for a scope bar the looks.

And looking at most players its what they are for, considering they look down the side of their barrell, not over it.

And also considering that since most lads are mad for the ROF, they just have a white line they move around till it hits something.

I had scopes, thought they were added weight and provided no advantage what so ever, dumped them.

And also considering that since most lads are mad for the ROF, they just have a white line they move around till it hits something.

That's sortof my tactic except I use a torch to eliminate them and adjust my aim as such. But that's in a CQB environment been a while since Ive been in the field so to speak :D

Jsmurff wrote: »
    That's sortof my tactic except I use a torch to eliminate them and adjust my aim as such. But that's in a CQB environment been a while since Ive been in the field so to speak :D

Since most indoor sites is full auto, sure you can just close your eyes and hit someone

Jsmurff wrote: »

Since most indoor sites is full auto, sure you can just close your eyes and hit someone
    Yeah but that increases the risk of walking into walls and such…

well I put a t1 micro on my aeg not only cos I like the look of them but over there small size my vision is not obscured by it. Its just fast target acquisition really that there for. But like I said I dont get having telescopic 3x9 optics on short barreled rifles.

And at the end of day it does not make diddly squat whether you have a optics, just iron sights or shooting down the barrel wind is guna throw your bb's all over the shop outdoors. Indoors I can see there uses. But you can argue if your in agreement with the doc that iron sights are redundant then, take them off and your left with a length of lonely ris.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

well to be honest even a magnified scope is sort of useless on a bolt action considering most of them have shorter barrels than some AEG's. I use a red dot on my M4 simply because my iron sight aren't accurate, I use the RDS to compensate for the BB's travelling out of the view of my irons, if my BB travelled rouglhy along the sight of my irons I would use them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

An empty mag :P

Advertisement