Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

'that fat tart' ! ! After that quote by zach, none can be angered by body comments on this site!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,728 ✭✭✭✭walshb

"Dermot and that fat tart did"... :pac:

Thought that was a little OTT

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

RVD420 wrote: »
    Fair City now available on RTE +1 and RTE Player! :pac:
    Jeez, about bloody time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Gibbonw2 wrote: »
    'that fat tart' ! ! After that quote by zach, none can be angered by body comments on this site!

They prob got the idea for that line from here! :-p

ronan45 wrote: »
    what the hell what happened niamh cassidy last time i watched she was thin , nows shes an elephant is that a fat suit????

Also what height is yvonne doyle wow got such a crush on her !!!! i cant be sure if shes tall or short???

so what if she put on weight maybe shes happy now people come different shapes and sizes :mad:

shame on society showing the world thin is in

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    Thought that was a little OTT

really? He is a young teenager, how else is he going to react? 'Oh that unfaithful charity worker, how inappropriate of her to sleep with my father'! No harm to introduce some realism!

so what if she put on weight maybe shes happy now people come different shapes and sizes :mad:

shame on society showing the world thin is in

tell that to young Zach Dillon.... Hes notorious for his bodily insults.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,728 ✭✭✭✭walshb

really? He is a young teenager, how else is he going to react? 'Oh that unfaithful charity worker, how inappropriate of her to sleep with my father'! No harm to introduce some realism!

I know what you mean, but still, the personal remark about her weight was OTT. No need for such realism there I thought. It is not real life. It's a soap.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

I see bella's phoned his performance in

brilliant! it was actually the best bella performance ive seen!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

just watched Faircity delighted it on RTE player, but when i checked the player i couldn't see , anyone see it on it.

The whole Lucy story is driving me mad i just want to know whats going on. Curious to see what happens now with Deco & Eddie.

Is it weird i find Eddie kind of handsome ? :o:D:eek:

• Advertisement

I know what you mean, but still, the personal remark about her weight was OTT. No need for such realism there I thought. It is not real life. It's a soap.

so stories about affairs, cancer, drugs, bullying, even MURDER which clearly would upset and offend certain viewers are ok but a comment about someones bodily shape is not? What separates realism from fiction? Im sure they cleared the line with the actress before it was said so no need for anyone else to get upset tbh?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Ah come on characters say things like that all the time in Eastenders and Corrie - why should Fair City be any different?

leahyl wrote: »
    Ah come on characters say things like that all the time in Eastenders and Corrie - why should Fair City be any different?

exactly. I understand why people get offended by such dictum, honestly speaking, but such is life. Watch the Brady Bunch if you dont want to be offended. As i said there are far more offensive issues on soaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Charlotte Bishop is some cunning b*tch and played brillant by the young actress she could teach that airhead who plays Caoimhe quite a lot

I thought Zumo and Caoimhe were going to get it on tonight, it is going to happen there is sparks there :p

If I were Eddie I want back in prison Val is an annoying mammy

Glad Orla is staying around she is a great character

• Registered Users Posts: 35,749 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Whop watches this crap,
    NOt me

• Registered Users Posts: 85,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Whop watches this crap,
    NOt me

I do I love FC and dont care who knows funniest show on tv :p

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I do I love FC and dont care who knows funniest show on tv :p

Yeah me too! Missed the last 2-3 weeks so its great i can catch up on real player:)

I really do think that the haters just love to hate it... if you get me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

applesock wrote: »
    just watched Faircity delighted it on RTE player, but when i checked the player i couldn't see , anyone see it on it.
    It's up now - http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=1147558

wow wow wow fair city on rte player & rte+1 now i can miss fair city on thursday night and watch emmerdale then at 9pm watch fair city after corronation street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

Before Tommy confessed that he had an affair with Jo, Judith feared that she had ovarian cancer. Instead, it turned out she had irritable bowel syndrome. This was referred to in dialogue on FC as IBS. Why was irritable bowel syndrome abbreviated? Scriptwriters should not have assumed that viewers knew what it meant.

• Advertisement

endakenny wrote: »
    Before Tommy confessed that he had an affair with Jo, Judith feared that she had ovarian cancer. Instead, it turned out she had irritable bowel syndrome. This was referred to in dialogue on FC as IBS. Why was irritable bowel syndrome abbreviated? Scriptwriters should not have assumed that viewers knew what it meant.

whats 'FC'...? Dont assume forum members know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

When does Barry o Hanlon come back? The filming for the new Batman film finished in November. He should surely be back by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Whop watches this crap,
    NOt me

Is whop a fat tart?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Whop watches this crap,
    NOt me

Leave Whop out of it.......

Did Jimmy (Harry and Dolores' son) die? If not they should bring him back for when Wayne and Lucy split so that Wayne has a real pal there for him.

As for the fat comment, WOW!! WOnder if that was ad libbed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 sheilaspost

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    That's Vivienne

Val is the one working in Spar who wanted to bed Leo

Noted. Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 sheilaspost

Jimmy went to Australia. The Doyle's love Oz. They all seem to head off in that direction. Hopefully, he got a one way ticket, the actor was hoping to do acting classes, pity he didn't take them when he was on Fair City with his insufferable wife Robin. She went off to Cork, I wonder does she ever bump into Jo.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 froggus

FC back on RTE Player :D Happy Days!

Edit: I see it was mentioned on the thread yesterday, oops ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 116 ✭✭DERPY HOOFS

Jo is apparantly sueing Fair City over the slur against her body shape after Zacs rant..
    What does Decco have to do to get rid of the scoul.He dumped her yet she still goes around calling herself his girlfriend?Anyhow Decco rented the flat for 3 mths so his leace is up and Zumo lives there.How can Scoul think she can move in?
    She is so out of touch with reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

loved when zac called fahey a fat cow, apart from that his acting is poo.

• Advertisement

Jo is apparantly sueing Fair City over the slur against her body shape after Zacs rant..
    What does Decco have to do to get rid of the scoul.He dumped her yet she still goes around calling herself his girlfriend?Anyhow Decco rented the flat for 3 mths so his leace is up and Zumo lives there.How can Scoul think she can move in?
    She is so out of touch with reality.

:eek: april fools ? Jo is apparantly sueing Fair City over the slur against her body shape after Zacs rant :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement