Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEC SF: Clermont Auvergne vs Leinster; Sunday 29 April, KO 1600(CET); Live Sky Sports

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Heroditas

shaungil wrote: »
    I thought at the end there wasn't the crazy celebrations either , was it cos they had won nothing or cos it was so close or maybe they were just shattered.

Probably a bit of both. Cullen remarked in his book that they were absolutely shattered after both the q/f and semi last season. The games were every bit as intense as international fixtures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

highlights are on the tg4player now

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Leinster7

One thing we can all agree on is taht the top English referees, ie. Wayne Barnes & Dave Pearson are just weak and get it consistently wrong as Barnes did for both sides yesterday. If we had Rolland eg. reffing yesterday (which he cant technically cos he's Irish, I know) there would've been 1 yellow each and a red for Clermont, also at least 4-6 more penalties to Leinster and 2-3 less against Leinster, so it should've been 12 against Leinster and 20 against Clermont... I'm saying this after watching the game again and not thru blue tinted glasses etc..

So, in conclusion, Leinster clearly deserved to win and D'Arcy's tackle on Fofana was heroic, epic. The fact he is like a lost sheep for Ireland is why Schmidt should be hired by the IRFU to replace Kidney asap.....if only...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Leinster7 wrote: »
    One thing we can all agree on is taht the top English referees, ie. Wayne Barnes & Dave Pearson are just weak and get it consistently wrong as Barnes did for both sides yesterday. If we had Rolland eg. reffing yesterday (which he cant technically cos he's Irish, I know) there would've been 1 yellow each and a red for Clermont, also at least 4-6 more penalties to Leinster and 2-3 less against Leinster, so it should've been 12 against Leinster and 20 against Clermont... I'm saying this after watching the game again and not thru blue tinted glasses etc..

So, in conclusion, Leinster clearly deserved to win and D'Arcy's tackle on Fofana was heroic, epic. The fact he is like a lost sheep for Ireland is why Schmidt should be hired by the IRFU to replace Kidney asap.....if only...

I actually think Schmidt is doing more good for Irish rugby in Leinster than he would if he got the Ireland job.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Rolland is no better than Barnes. Thank god Rolland is Irish

• Advertisement

Emmet, you could say the exact same thing about the All Blacks, you know, who won the World Cup...

so? Does that invalidate any of what I said?

what did tolensc say about Ultras? I don't think there's a rational soul amongst us who don't consider that Clermont would have also been worthy winners had Fofana managed to ground that ball. There really was no unfair outcome for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

At the end of the day there was nothing in it and we came out on top just about. Even tiger woods at his peak said he didn't win a tournament without having a bit of luck.

We were lucky we had everyone fit. Unlucky that it was away. Lucky some decisions went our way, unlucky that the ball didn't bounce for Nacewa. Etc etc.
    I wouldn't have complained if we lost.
    Gutted? Yeah.
    Wronged? No.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

what did tolensc say about Ultras?

Eh?

Probably should clarify, most French teams have a evoted section of supporters who bang drums and basically keep the atmosphere going. Toulouse do it, Clermont do it (though there it seems to be pretty much the entire stadium). Those are ultras. Fascism, violence and one-eyed bias are common among those groups, but not what they're about.

tolosenc wrote: »
    Eh?

Probably should clarify, most French teams have a evoted section of supporters who bang drums and basically keep the atmosphere going. Toulouse do it, Clermont do it (though there it seems to be pretty much the entire stadium). Those are ultras. Fascism, violence and one-eyed bias are common among those groups, but not what they're about.

ha, wires crossed. I suspect we have an ultra in our ranks is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

durkadurka wrote: »
    At the end of the day there was nothing in it and we came out on top just about. Even tiger woods at his peak said he didn't win a tournament without having a bit of luck.

We were lucky we had everyone fit. Unlucky that it was away. Lucky some decisions went our way, unlucky that the ball didn't bounce for Nacewa. Etc etc.
    I wouldn't have complained if we lost.
    Gutted? Yeah.
    Wronged? No.

And Clermont could well complain that they were missing front liners in Domingo and Vosloo from the start then lost Malzieu and Byrne very early on (God knows we've all been eager enough to blame Sexton's jaw for the loss to Toulouse in 2010).

That's rugby; injuries, refereeing decisions, home & away semi-final draws, it all evens out over time. You can be lucky once, twice, three times in succession but three finals in four years (and a semi-final in the fourth) tells its own stories.

• Advertisement

durkadurka wrote: »

That has to be a citing. He should miss the final for that.

Such stupidity.

Gerrawayourrathat! That goes on all the time I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Conas

Such stupidity.

Ah sure cite everyone well your at it. That replacement sub from Clermont who charged at Cullen with the head near the end of the match should be cited. That was the worst incident yesterday, and then raked at his face well he was at it. If SOB didn't get cited for his punch last year, then Cullen wont either.

I'd much rather see my captain throw a punch in anger than that bull**** above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Such stupidity.

Are you for real? Grabbing a guys shorts while looking the other direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭leftleg

danthefan wrote: »

And squeezing; he knew exactly what he was doing

danthefan wrote: »

Am I missing something from the gif?
    15wx03.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

wonton wrote: »
    highlights are on the tg4player now

Sure its all in Oirish like, how we supposed to foind it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Lads I think Emmet02 is winding you up.

There is no earthly way any person with an ounce of intelligence could call that a citing.

• Advertisement

15wx03.gif

I don't think he managed to secure himself a bollock. I think he had to settle for the shorts.

prospect wrote: »
    Lads I think Emmet02 is winding you up.

There is no earthly way any person with an ounce of intelligence could call that a citing.

sorry, what?

I'm being deadly serious. If you can persuade me that he didn't do exactly what he was intending to do, I might be taking it back. But from what I see, and with some degree of objectivity, it's pretty clear that he's grabbed another player's balls and squeezed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

sorry, what?

I'm being deadly serious. If you can persuade me that he didn't do exactly what he was intending to do, I might be taking it back. But from what I see, and with some degree of objectivity, it's pretty clear that he's grabbed another player's balls and squeezed.

Oh right, you are being serious.

LOL.

Alright so, I'll entertain it, for one post.

1. Unless you are blind, Cullen is behind the players leg when he actually grabs (and for the moments preceding it) so was not watching.
    2. As he cannot see he moves his hand up the players leg (sounds saucy eh!) until he feels the players shorts and grabs them (the shorts) at the point of contact, which happens to be the crotch.
    3. Unless the Clermont player has the worlds smallest and low hanging balls, there is no chance Cullen was near them.
    4. Sh1t like this happens all the time.

"Citing", bo**ox!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

That has to be a citing, how on earth can you claim he didn't know what he was doing.

He slid his hand up his leg, felt his hand go inside Rougerie's (I think) shorts, and then squeezed. Even if that was somehow unintentional, it was reckless stupidity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Unless Rougerie has nads the size of church bells, Cullen was grabbing nothing but shorts. I'd be shocked if there was a citing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

15wx03.gif

Ouch, You'd think Cullen would be a bit more sympathetic in the short departing after his mishap with his :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Jesus Cullen

WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

GerM wrote: »
    Unless Rougerie has nads the size of church bells, Cullen was grabbing nothing but shorts. I'd be shocked if there was a citing.

The one thing that makes me think that he might have made contact was that the second Cullen squeezes, Rougerie's right leg sort of collapses in without any other obvious provocation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Ok lads, we'll wait for a citing (or not).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

SOB just responded to Nathan Hines request for a retweet with "@Wagga5 how did your team get on after?".

https://twitter.com/#!/SeanOBrien1987/status/196998276329897986

Advertisement