Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

leaveiton wrote: »
    I know, it's not even their shop! :L In the one about the fish I always get the feeling that there isn't actually anything wrong with the fish, the person is just trying to get a cheap steak :P
    SO many people in my year got Vorischt beim Rauchen :O Every second person seems to have gotten it. I think that's why my examiner asked such an awkward question, she was just sick of it :P After I got it, the two girls who went in after me got it as well!
    Ah, I apologise so. Do you often have pesky young'uns setting your farm on fire with their cigarette butts? :P

haha yeah like :L haha oh yeah steak ftw :L
    really ? a lot of people got it in my year too...but sure there is only 9 in my year so... :L
    Oh yeah all the time ... sure thats my pic.. setting fire to the farm, as you do :pac: ha my friend got a really weird q on that pic actually she was asked where the teenagers were in pic 5 (the pic they weren't in ) and she said "with the cows" :L never laughed so much :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Smooth edit there historykitten... Was wondering what type of farmer you lived on... Hope he was hot :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

haha yeah like :L haha oh yeah steak ftw :L
    really ? a lot of people got it in my year too...but sure there is only 9 in my year so... :L
    Oh yeah all the time ... sure thats my pic.. setting fire to the farm, as you do :pac: ha my friend got a really weird q on that pic actually she was asked where the teenagers were in pic 5 (the pic they weren't in ) and she said "with the cows" :L never laughed so much :pac:

Yeah there are only about 20 German students in my year, such an unpopular language :P
    Haha :pac: One of my friends had Vorsicht in a Christmas oral, and the teacher asked "Why does the farmer carry a stick?" My friend was trying to say "to herd the cows" but she said "to beat the cows" by mistake :pac: The clarification questions I got in mine were okay, she asked what they were talking about when they were smoking, what the farmer said to them when he was giving out, and what happens next.

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Smooth edit there historykitten... Was wondering what type of farmer you lived on... Hope he was hot :P
    hahaha... damn I was hoping nobody would see that :pac: just got farmers on the brain I suppose :rolleyes: Sure aren't all farmers hot, no? :P
    Yeah there are only about 20 German students in my year, such an unpopular language :P
    Haha :pac: One of my friends had Vorsicht in a Christmas oral, and the teacher asked "Why does the farmer carry a stick?" My friend was trying to say "to herd the cows" but she said "to beat the cows" by mistake :pac: The clarification questions I got in mine were okay, she asked what they were talking about when they were smoking, what the farmer said to them when he was giving out, and what happens next.
    same 9 out of 150 like :L
    haha to beat the cows :pac: I cant stop laughing that's too funny :L
    ooh that's not too bad like :)

hahaha... damn I was hoping nobody would see that :pac: just got farmers on the brain I suppose :rolleyes: Sure aren't all farmers hot, no? :P

That Herr Muller from the picture sequence is quite something! ;)
    same 9 out of 150 like :L
    haha to beat the cows :pac: I cant stop laughing that's too funny :L
    ooh that's not too bad like :)

That's even worse than mine! :L We've about 20 out of 110 or so. Don't know why German's so unpopular.
    I know, I thought it was hilarious when she told me :pac: The same friend in another oral, when asked "Wie geht's?", she couldn't remember the response and said "Es tut mir leid" instead of "Es geht mir gut" :p "How are you?" "I'm sorry!" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

so the reason my oral was moved to today was because my examiner got hit by a bike yesterday and they were trying to finish them up today with replacements. Go figure.

That Herr Muller from the picture sequence is quite something! ;)

That's even worse than mine! :L We've about 20 out of 110 or so. Don't know why German's so unpopular.
    I know, I thought it was hilarious when she told me :pac: The same friend in another oral, when asked "Wie geht's?", she couldn't remember the response and said "Es tut mir leid" instead of "Es geht mir gut" :p "How are you?" "I'm sorry!" :pac:

Oh he is ;) Er is sehr schon ;)

Neither do I, its a lovely language :) so glad I did it like :) and my lil small class are such good friends :) german bonding ya'know :P
    hahaha thats really funny :L sure my friend got the arbeit im restaurant one and she was making a few suggestions and she said "sie konnten der schone wirtschaft in Killarney sehen.... graftschaft entschuldigung etc " you can see the wonderful economy in Killarney :pac: we were in stitches laughing when she said it :L

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

God I really need to work on Project maths. Paper 1 is great, paper 2 I've been pretending it doesn't exist. I just can't cop it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Chuchoter wrote: »
    God I really need to work on Project maths. Paper 1 is great, paper 2 I've been pretending it doesn't exist. I just can't cop it.

I'm the exact opposite. :eek: Paper I is such effort! Whereas I can get (and have gotten) the exact same grade in Paper II with no study or preparation after doing tonnes of revision for Paper I. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Chuchoter wrote: »

Same I don't get it that much. My teacher isn't doing all of the paper 2 so we won't have choices of which questions to do. I kind of understand trigonometry constructing I think it's called :S only after getting grinds. I hate question 3 on paper 1 though so I'm thinking of learning sequences and series to avoid that question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

German's very popular in my school, something like 48 people do it. I think around the same number do French.

Would the sequences and series question in ordinary maths Q5 be worth trying to learn? as Q3 seems to be weird and can be really hard some years.

Oh he is ;) Er is sehr schon ;)

Neither do I, its a lovely language :) so glad I did it like :) and my lil small class are such good friends :) german bonding ya'know :P
    hahaha thats really funny :L sure my friend got the arbeit im restaurant one and she was making a few suggestions and she said "sie konnten der schone wirtschaft in Killarney sehen.... graftschaft entschuldigung etc " you can see the wonderful economy in Killarney :pac: we were in stitches laughing when she said it :L

It's such a nice language! Everyone says it's ugly, it's not! :P Yeah there's only 11 in my class so we're all pretty close, it's a lovely class to go into because it's so small and the teacher is absolutely lovely.
    It's so easy to make little slip ups like that! I was practising with my teacher before my real oral and I told her that there's a Stadtzentrum in my area... meant to say Sportzentrum :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Okay I'm definitely changing my internet limit to an hour a day instead of 30 minutes. It was way too hard! (Serioulsy counting every minute you're online is awful! Especially if the connection's slow...) I managed it for a day though. :oMight try to Will keep it under an hour on weekends too to compensate for the extra time during the week. :cool:

Day 2 of the 3 hours of study was torture. Probably because I had 4 hours' worth of free classes in school today. :pac:

Survived the 15 minute workout too, nearly left it but then I reminded myself that the chain can not be broken!! :P

Togepi wrote: »
    Okay I'm definitely changing my internet limit to an hour a day instead of 30 minutes. It was way too hard! (Serioulsy counting every minute you're online is awful! Especially if the connection's slow...) I managed it for a day though. :oMight try to Will keep it under an hour on weekends too to compensate for the extra time during the week. :cool:

Day 2 of the 3 hours of study was torture. Probably because I had 4 hours' worth of free classes in school today. :pac:

Survived the 15 minute workout too, nearly left it but then I reminded myself that the chain can not be broken!! :P

I broke my chain after the first day :rolleyes: the shame
    but started it again today (and in fairness I did have my german oral today) :)
    giving up boards me thinks once I'm on study leave... tis the only way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Out of the 20 sraith pictuirí I knew 2 off at an A standard.... and I picked one of them :D winning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Sooo unsure about how French went, like I was able to answer everything, got in subjunctives, idioms, plus que parfait and stuff...but I felt like the examiner was just firing increasingly obscure questions at me and ignored all the attempts I made to lead the conversation. Ugh I mean I din't think I did badly, but it was just a horrible atmosphere that did not resemble a conversation in any way, and she made me so uneasy that by the end I was trembling and my voice was shaking uncontrollably when I was fine at the start. Hope I'm just being paranoid, sorry for writing fecking novels in the thread all the time...

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

So sick of school :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

In my Irish oral, I was asked about my views on the European Fiscal Treaty referendum.

I genuinely laughed out loud mid-exam.

These projects are tiring me out. I keep nearly falling asleep after school and I don't get study done. I'll just wait until Saturday before starting again. Another day working on the geography project for the majority of the day. It's the last day tomorrow , I hope I did everything right I didn't even draw rough graphs anymore. I hope I've finished with the pie charts I spent ages drawing them.
    I just have a few sketches to do .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

My French teacher who left after 5th year was in today to ask us how the orals went. :)
    Took her a minute to remember my name :rolleyes: Wish she still taught me though, she was great :(

Not only did I miss my Wednesday oral. Today I find out I get to go very last on Friday and what's more is it's right after the best Irish speaker in the year. I'm confident enough in my own ability in Irish but fúck my luck! This lad is unmatched by a mile, it's not going to look good on my behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Eathrin wrote: »
    Not only did I miss my Wednesday oral. Today I find out I get to go very last on Friday and what's more is it's right after the best Irish speaker in the year. I'm confident enough in my own ability in Irish but fúck my luck! This lad is unmatched by a mile, it's not going to look good on my behalf.

Positive thinking! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

Ahh here lads, I've sprained me leg or somethin' :pac:
    Oh the pain :(

Cian, you'll be grand :) I know that's harsh luck but think about it this way, the examiner will be all happy after his wonderful convo with the chap and he'll be all happy and nice in your oral too :P :) And even though he may be "the best" as you say, you are also excellent at irish so tis all good in the hood :)

I've gone through the first 10 sraithphictuiri now and I'd be fairly confident in those ones. Chances of me getting the next 10 done within the hour! I don't fancy a 50% chance :\.

But you're all sick of hearing about orals now:P

I've gone through the first 10 sraithphictuiri now and I'd be fairly confident in those ones. Chances of me getting the next 10 done within the hour! I don't fancy a 50% chance :\.

But you're all sick of hearing about orals now:P

As much as we're sick of hearing bout them, you must hate hearing bout them so much more dear :P
    anyways good luck tomorrow :) you wont need it :)
    and the last ten, focus on the ones that you are bad/not great at :)
    and mister don't get nervous/panic tomorrow :) it will be fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Raeone

Would the sequences and series question in ordinary maths Q5 be worth trying to learn? as Q3 seems to be weird and can be really hard some years.

I would deffinitely learn it, its very easy question, in my opinion the easiest on the course. I would advice you to learn it. Oh and when your learning it and you don't understand something/want something explained more you can P.M me. :)

As much as we're sick of hearing bout them, you must hate hearing bout them so much more dear :P
    anyways good luck tomorrow :) you wont need it :)
    and the last ten, focus on the ones that you are bad/not great at :)
    and mister don't get nervous/panic tomorrow :) it will be fine :)

Thank you:) And it is kinda frustrating seeing the relief on everyone's face at being finished oral exams forever when I have to go last!

• Advertisement

Raeone wrote: »
    I would deffinitely learn it, its very easy question, in my opinion the easiest on the course. I would advice you to learn it. Oh and when your learning it and you don't understand something/want something explained more you can P.M me. :)

Thanks as I really hate Q3 and sometimes Q6. Why do most teachers leave out sequences and series if it's easy? :S.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement