Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imist - liquid in the mouth?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

thebestshop have LR boge cartos
    carto punch you can get the siam mods punch from safercigs, or if you look in the carto tanks thread one of the last few posts is a saddle valve from an irish ebay seller which will do the same job

the tanks themselves.. for boges i dont know if there's any from irish sites. the mini-sub tank from momandpopvapourshop or the chibi tank from parkesvaping, both US. both pretty cheap and cheap shiping too

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

glasso wrote: »
    where is the best place to get boge cartos, tank + carto punch then....?
    (might turn back to the carto dark side...)

If you want to try a DCT tank I have a spare one and a drip tip you can have for free, I dont have any DCT cartos left though. You would have to order a few dual coil cartos with the flange and they come prepunched, you can order them from irishvapers, e-cigshop or the bestshop.

If you liked that setup you could then go for a better tank with boge cartomisers. I find the mini-sub tank excellent with boges as it all fits very tight together and is less prone to slide off and spill juice. Its also easy to fill as you don't need to take the tank apart. There's loads of info on tanks in the cartotanks thread here.
    Pm me your address if you want the tank and I'll get it off to you in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Thanks for the advice & encouragement lads.

I'd like to continue with the e-cigs alright.

I might look at those options.

if you want to swing by my place again I can give you a couple of cartomisers that'd work good on your bianis battery. I dont really need them any more as I dont have an ego battery and I'm loving my repairable atomiser atm so wont be using cartomisers at all for the forseeable future

That's sound of you.

I still have your number, so I might give you a shout over the weekend.

Payment in asian teenagers as per usual.:D

• Advertisement

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

SC

If you don't have a genuine Ego T battery, it might be best to get one or two.

Your Biansi battery will start off at 4.2 v and will gradually drain out at around 3.4 or whatever.

So as the battery drains so will the hit and flavour as well as the carto dying out, ya don't know what's going on as your vaping. Is it the battery or carto !

A Joyetech eGo T will give you a constant 3.3v during the battery life before it needs recharging, a carto at 2 Ohms or less would give you a decent consistent hit. Till of course the carto is done and at an average of €2 a pop this could be a day,two days or even a week so ya have to be realistic in that aspect.

No need for a big 18650 Mod just yet, a good atty is much more important imo.

If your happy with cartos, stick with them for a while.

Recommend a repairable though if the disposables are driving you mad.

if you want to swing by my place again I can give you a couple of cartomisers that'd work good on your bianis battery. I dont really need them any more as I dont have an ego battery and I'm loving my repairable atomiser atm so wont be using cartomisers at all for the forseeable future

Many thanks to Sir Digby.

Yesterday, he supplied me with 2 cartomisers & a drip tip(mouthpiece).

As a newcomer to the scene, I didn't know what a cartomiser was.:confused:

A 'carto' is basically a unit which screws on to your battery. It's a device that has an atomiser coil which is wrapped up in a 'cotton wool' type material.

You fill this with juice in much the same way as you'd fill a Zippo lighter. It can take a bit of practice getting the level right.

Essentially, it's an Atomiser & Cartridge combined into one unit, hence the name Cartomiser.

I've been trying it out for the last few hours.
    I find that they give a drier & warmer vape than other systems I've used.Slightly diffrent flavour to it.
    The leaking problem is solved though.

Apparently the lifespan of these things can vary though. Anything from a day or so to a couple of weeks. So it's a good idea to keep a few handy.

Pricewise, they're not bad. A quid or two each.

So far so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Aaron Chen

I've got my imist about a week now & get the same problem sometimes.

The liquid leaks down into the battery compartment sometimes & gets drawn back up the system thru the mouthpiece, giving a nasty taste.

I sometimes blow it out with an airline.

Changed the cartrige this evening & no probs now.

How long are they meant to last anyway?

Where are you from? Ireland?
    You get your Imist from irishvapers.ie?

We never receive leakage report, can you change a new cartridge to try again please?

liberty-flights.co.uk eCigwizard.com Irishvapers is Imist supplier.

Aaron Chen wrote: »

We never receive leakage report, can you change a new cartridge to try again please?

liberty-flights.co.uk eCigwizard.com Irishvapers is Imist supplier.

So are you saying the other ones on sale in Ireland and the UK besides them 3 shops are not genuine Biansi Imists. I did get my original one from IrishVapers and the ones I got for other people too and had no problems with any of them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

e-smokeireland are genuine kits direct from Biansi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Aaron Chen

newmark wrote: »
    So are you saying the other ones on sale in Ireland and the UK besides them 3 shops are not genuine Biansi Imists. I did get my original one from IrishVapers and the ones I got for other people too and had no problems with any of them?

I will list a supplier list regarding Ireland tomorrow, ok?

The famous and the largest is IrishVapers in Ireland.
    The famous in UK is liberty-flights.co.uk, eCigWizard.com.

Aaron

I will list a supplier list regarding Ireland tomorrow, ok?

The famous and the largest is IrishVapers in Ireland.
    The famous in UK is liberty-flights.co.uk, eCigWizard.com.

Aaron

I have an imist. It was working fine. I got it from an Irish supplier site. I then needed some new wicks. I bought them from this site too - imist replacement wicks. They look like the old wicks but they are not the same quality (some broke immediately - wicking material came out of mesh bit) and make the device leak all the time because they don't fill the hole in the tank part enough. You need to make sure that the replacement wicks are the same quality as the ones that come with new attomisers or new kits. Also, some of the replacement wicks fell apart straight away. I'm very disappointed and can't use your imist product anymore.
    Why are the wicks not the same quality????? If you don't maintain product quality you will lose customers.

Yes & Yes.

"We never receive leakage report, can you change a new cartridge to try again please?"

The kit came with a total of 6 cartridges.

I've just put in the last one & guess what?

It leaked within 10 minutes of use.

I know that this product gets good reviews & there are many people who are happy with this product. Maybe I'm just unlucky.

It leaks & it leaks badly.

So far as I can see, the cartridge is leaking through the silicon stopper.
    The liquid then goes down thru the wick & then thru the coil.

It then settles in the space that joins the battery & coil mechanism.

It collects here & then is drawn up thru the 4 rectangular intake vents.
    From here, it is drawn back up thru the entire mechanism till it gets back to the mouthpiece.

At this point one is inhaling the e-juice itself. Not good.

I can assure you that I'm using the device correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Thin White Duck

Sounds like you're having a rough time with your Imist - I've only been using mine for 5 days now but have 6 different tanks on the go with different juices but haven't had anything like you've experienced.

One thought, the imist I got came with two spike assemblies (the bit that the tank sits into) - have you tried another one of these? If there was a problem with this bit then it could, at least in theory, lead to the problems you describe with multiple tanks.

Sounds like you're having a rough time with your Imist - I've only been using mine for 5 days now but have 6 different tanks on the go with different juices but haven't had anything like you've experienced.

One thought, the imist I got came with two spike assemblies (the bit that the tank sits into) - have you tried another one of these? If there was a problem with this bit then it could, at least in theory, lead to the problems you describe with multiple tanks.

I think that a lot of the problems that people have are to do with the wicks. if the wicks are too loose then it leaks. the wicks are not manufactured consistently. I NEVER had any leaks but got some replacement wicks for the unit (from imist apparently) and the thing leaks all the time now as they don't fit as well as the original ones and too much liquid is getting through from the tank.

I think that a lot of the problems that people have are to do with the wicks. if the wicks are too loose then it leaks. the wicks are not manufactured consistently. I NEVER had any leaks but got some replacement wicks for the unit (from imist apparently) and the thing leaks all the time now as they don't fit as well as the original ones and too much liquid is getting through from the tank.

where are you now Mr Chen...?????!!!!

presumably he's been somewhere else for the past hour, chill dude :)

presumably he's been somewhere else for the past hour, chill dude :)

my point was that he doesn't ever seem to address issues with the quality, only where you can buy the thing.

Good point. 2 assemblies came with the kit.

I've just tried the other one just now & the same thing happened.

Glasso may have a point about the wicks.

I'm using replacement wicks too & that's probably where the problems started.

I'll change wicks again & see how I go.

• Advertisement

All wicks are almost certainly made in the same way so there shouldn't be any difference between the originals and replacements - sounds like there's a bad batch floating around alright.

I bought some replacements as well so I'll give those a go and let you know if my Imist bubble bursts. I did have a very minor problem with one where it would get pulled slightly up the tube and reduce the juice flow - I squeezed the mesh to fatten it up slightly and the problem stopped.

All wicks are almost certainly made in the same way so there shouldn't be any difference between the originals and replacements - sounds like there's a bad batch floating around alright.

I bought some replacements as well so I'll give those a go and let you know if my Imist bubble bursts. I did have a very minor problem with one where it would get pulled slightly up the tube and reduce the juice flow - I squeezed the mesh to fatten it up slightly and the problem stopped.

Good to hear.

I'm working on a solution to make these wicks work as we speak.

If I'm succesful with it I'll be billing Mr Chen in a fashion commensurate with my qualifications, engineering experiance, common sense & my ability to solve problems using lateral thinking.:)

Lads, ye should just try some wicks from a different shop, they are very cheap and then ye will know for sure if its the wicks or not. ;)

newmark wrote: »
    Lads, ye should just try some wicks from a different shop, they are very cheap and then ye will know for sure if its the wicks or not. ;)

I bought mine from the same place I bought my iMist, which was Irish Vapors.

Trawling thru the various systems is bad enough, but sourcing decent spare parts on top of that!

Not too many of us have the time, not to mention the money to spend on this.

Sometimes, I think the best solution all round is to give up the fags/nicotine altogether.

Why should Paddy shell out his hard earned cash & be a product tester for people who are unable or unwilling to make their products work properly in the first place?

Stained class - sent you a PM.

I bought mine from the same place I bought my iMist, which was Irish Vapors.

Trawling thru the various systems is bad enough, but sourcing decent spare parts on top of that!

Not too many of us have the time, not to mention the money to spend on this.

Sometimes, I think the best solution all round is to give up the fags/nicotine altogether.

Why should Paddy shell out his hard earned cash & be a product tester for people who are unable or unwilling to make their products work properly in the first place?

me too. got original and replacement wicks from irishvapers. I can tell you that the replacement wicks are different. 1/2 of them fell apart straight away. maybe 1 of ten or 15 that I bought have worked well. the original wicks were fine.

Mr Chen.

I've found a solution to the wicking problem with your product.

It's not perfect, but alleviates the problem greatly.

I qualified as a Mechanical Engineeer in 1989 & have extensive experiance as a CNC machinist.

I now work as a Quality Control Technician with an international engineering company, working to ISO 9002 standards.

Mr Chen, it seems that I can solve a simple problem that has eluded you and 1 Billion Chineese people.

PM me & we can negotiate a fee to solve a potential public relations disaster with your product.

Mr Chen.

I've found a solution to the wicking problem with your product.

It's not perfect, but alleviates the problem greatly.

I qualified as a Mechanical Engineeer in 1989 & have extensive experiance as a CNC machinist.

I now work as a Quality Control Technician with an international engineering company, working to ISO 9002 standards.

Mr Chen, it seems that I can solve a simple problem that has eluded you and 1 Billion Chineese people.

PM me & we can negotiate a fee to solve a potential public relations disaster with your product.

why not just help us out here!

doubt that you'll get any cash out of that guy. dreaming.

• Advertisement

why not just help us out here!

I've been 'field testing' my repair at work today.

There have been no leaks whatsoever. I'd forgotten how good these things are when they're working properly.:)

The problem I had was indeed with the replacement wicks.

The solution was pretty simple.

When you install one of these wicks, push down on the base of it with a cocktail stick. This has the effect of widening the base of the wick & giving it a better seal.

It doesn't always work first time, but after a few goes it will seal alright. You need to take care not to apply too much pressure, or you could break the unit. Just enough to widen the base of the wick.

Hope this is of help.

Advertisement