Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Avengers (2012) *spoilers from post 1181*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

It opens in irish cinemas on the 26th.

There is a comp here to win tickets to the Irish premiere on the 23rd.

http://www.iftn.ie/competitions/avengerscompetition/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Pter wrote: »
    By winning competitions to see the fan screening.

Will be entering any for TDKR and will update everyone here if i find any.

Ah right...never entered a competition in my life. ;) Well, competition to win tickets and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

More TDKR tickets for me so.

More TDKR tickets for me so.

Might do it for TDKR, it depends on the effort. ;)

Delighted to hear this film is going down well, the character interactions are meant to be one of the strong points and wouldn't expect anything less from Whedon.

Perfect choice of director by Marvel.

And :eek: at the post credits scene. For those who have seen it,
    how does Thanos look?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Might do it for TDKR, it depends on the effort. ;)

Delighted to hear this film is going down well, the character interactions are meant to be one of the strong points and wouldn't expect anything less from Whedon.

Perfect choice of director by Marvel.

And :eek: at the post credits scene. For those who have seen it,
    how does Thanos look?

That's who pops up in the post credits scene? :eek:

That's so cool. Anyone care to give a one word answer to this question? Classic version or Ultimate universe version?

• Advertisement

This

• Registered Users Posts: 29,618 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Avengers live stream is up of Grafiti artist painting Avengers characters starting with Loki.

http://www.livestream.com/assemblelive

You can tweet and vote what character you want next.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

This

Is that not a fan rendering? Have seen that online before.

But if that colour was used then it is the Classic look and not the Ulimate universe look.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Is that not a fan rendering? Have seen that online before.

But if that colour was used then it is the Classic look and not the Ulimate universe look.

after credits spoiler!

He looked
    red, just like hellboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Spoilers are just about being contained here. Avoid these thread until movie is seen.

• Advertisement

Ya, I was googling the after credits character a while ago to see what people were saying about it and one of the searches showed the boards thread above but his name wasn't spoilered so ye should be carefull even googling anything to do with Avengers.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

About the after-credits scene:
    Did anyone else at the screening not get who that was supposed to be? Mate thought it was red skull till we came out and thought about it

Allanb49 thought it was red skull too. I got the reference to courting death however.

The Click TV interviews from the Advanced Screening is up. I guess people were 'excited' haha. My ugly head pops in the background at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

o fúck i'm there with my big goofy head on me

Thats me and Allanb at 0.39.

The head on me. I hate my voice.

EDIT: and 1.17

Dammit, they didnt include my 'Hulk smash' comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Surprised I have not seen any posters in bus shelters or on buses yet, you would think with only 6 days to go they would have a big poster campaign going.
    (or maybe they have an I am going blind :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Thanos wrote: »
    Surprised I have not seen any posters in bus shelters or on buses yet, you would think with only 6 days to go they would have a big poster campaign going.
    (or maybe they have an I am going blind :( )

Could be just how small the market is over here, presumably there are ass loads of posters and other hype in bigger countries?

They seem to be doing alot of PR and new media stuff instead - in fact there is a flashing ad staring at me now in boards.ie for Avengers Assemble.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Lads seriously **** off with the spoilers !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Thoms Yorkie Bars

The cinematographer for it is Irish. Neat :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Mark Ruffalo on Graham Norton now.

Heard Ruffalo saying he made the mistake of looking at online communities to see what the reaction was to him getting cast. It put him off the web for life. :pac:

I have to admit that I was extremely disappointed that Norton wasn't coming back but at the same time, I was happy that Ruffalo was cast as he's a good actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

nothing wrong with Ruffalo at all, he's great in stuff like Zodiac

Ruffalo did a great job, he has nothing to worry about. Norton was good as well but I'm more than happy with Ruffalo to keep playing Banner.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭roguey

is it shown in 2D anywhere in Dublin? as far as I can tell everywhere is showing 3D only. Really annoys me as I can't stand 3D

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

Any idea if there's going to be a sneaky midnight screening? I don't want to wait till 10am. -.-

roguey wrote: »
    is it shown in 2D anywhere in Dublin? as far as I can tell everywhere is showing 3D only. Really annoys me as I can't stand 3D

Im going to see it in Blanch on 2D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

I havent read the entire thread, But i have a question regarding the presence of Thor.

I really enjoyed it when it was aired on Sky premier last week, however at the end the transportation device used from Asgard was destroyed.

How can Thor end up on Earth again if the means to do so was destroyed?

& does Natalie Portman make a return to jump Thor's bones?

• Advertisement

I havent read the entire thread, But i have a question regarding the presence of Thor.

I really enjoyed it when it was aired on Sky premier last week, however at the end the transportation device used from Asgard was destroyed.

How can Thor end up on Earth again if the means to do so was destroyed?

& does Natalie Portman make a return to jump Thor's bones?
    The Allfather used some of his extra special mojo to get him back. Portman was sent to the arctic or something by shield so that she would be protected. She doesnt know Thor was back. She was sent under the guise of research or summat.

Advertisement