Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC off topic '12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

SChique00 wrote: »
    I'm good David, v. good - was sick today but I'm graaand think I'm over the worst of it :o and I just sent off my entry for a competition - wish me luck! :D
    Oh.. What kind of competition? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Oh.. What kind of competition? :D

http://careersportal.ie/careerskills/skills_competition.php

Mothafookin' iPad, children :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭KirkCheated09

I'm good David, v. good - was sick today but I'm graaand think I'm over the worst of it :o and I just sent off my entry for a competition - wish me luck! :D

Aw well at least your over the worst :) Awesome .. what was the competition for ? :)

Aw well at least your over the worst :) Awesome .. what was the competition for ? :)

I posted the link to it ;)

Oh! :D I have one.. There Brilliant! XD Well Good Luck... What Work Experience did you do? :D

• Advertisement

Oh! :D I have one.. There Brilliant! XD Well Good Luck... What Work Experience did you do? :D

Thanks :o Primary school kidd..... don't have any fancy connections so didn't get into RTÉ or anywhere really cool :L oh well! Hopefully the fancy language in my report will be enough to convince the judges of my brilliance(!) :rolleyes:

Thanks :o Primary school kidd..... don't have any fancy connections so didn't get into RTÉ or anywhere really cool :L oh well! Hopefully the fancy language in my report will be enough to convince the judges of my brilliance(!) :rolleyes:
    Maybe... they'll think its sentimental! ;) I reckon I'll go for my local hospital or medical centre when I'm in TY! XD

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Sentid

Sup my children!?! :D

Howre we all doing?!

Bricken It! :L I've Sci-Fest in the morning! :L And yourself! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Sentid

Second years in my school are doing a csi course thingymabob :(
    Im doing my english hw but lacking inspiration! Got into TY today whoop :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

Bricken It! :L I've Sci-Fest in the morning! :L And yourself! :D

What is that ? sounds interesting

Sentid wrote: »
    :O Im doing that in May XD It's gonna be EPIC!

Listen to your favourite songs and really listen to the lyrics.. Our teacher told us its a great way to get inspired and I have to agree! :L :D

Way to Go! :D Everyone in our school get in.. :L

paddyzk wrote: »
    What is that ? sounds interesting
    It's like a mini Young Scientist.. :L Ya, but me and my friend left all of our project reports till tomorrow morning :P

Link Here --> http://www.scifest.ie/

It's like a mini Young Scientist.. :L Ya, but me and my friend left all of our project reports till tomorrow morning :P

Link Here --> http://www.scifest.ie/

That's pretty cool, good luck :)

Sentid wrote: »

Your probably done by now, but when I'm stuck for inspiration in English I read.. very boring to some, but I like it :P

So what's the craic with ya's all?

... My school day was alright..

For Maths homework we did exam questions and my teacher made me answer one of them in class. I got it perfectly right, checked the marking schemes and all on examination.ie but there is more than one way to do it and she made me do it they way I didn't do it and the way I'm worse at doing it and humiliated me in the class. If she had looked at my copy she would have seen I can do it perfectly right but a different method to her... bitch.

So what's the craic with ya's all?

... My school day was alright..

For Maths homework we did exam questions and my teacher made me answer one of them in class. I got it perfectly right, checked the marking schemes and all on examination.ie but there is more than one way to do it and she made me do it they way I didn't do it and the way I'm worse at doing it and humiliated me in the class. If she had looked at my copy she would have seen I can do it perfectly right but a different method to her... bitch.

**** her.She won't be the one correcting your exam don't worry.
    My maths teacher told us that up the the pre he had been marking us down so we'd work harder :confused:
    Teachers :rolleyes:

I love my maths teachers he's amazing! XD He always shows us the easier way to do things, and if a method he uses doesn't suit some students he always gives them a different way to do it! :D He's honestly brilliant.. He'll never move on in a topic until every student knows it (and you cant say that about much honours maths teachers)... One thing though.. He never likes it when we miss classes.. because apparently Maths is a subject you cant catch up on :rolleyes:

I love my maths teachers he's amazing! XD He always shows us the easier way to do things, and if a method he uses doesn't suit some students he always gives them a different way to do it! :D He's honestly brilliant.. He'll never move on in a topic until every student knows it (and you cant say that about much honours maths teachers)... One thing though.. He never likes it when we miss classes.. because apparently Maths is a subject you cant catch up on :rolleyes:

54% in summer tests in second year.
    A in the mocks
    :pac:

Nerdiest Question EVER but...

Have ye ever failed a test? At all? Any? :confused:

Cause I Haven't and I'm the only one of my friends who hasn't! I've gotten nothing under a C apart from one Woodwork Exam (D).. :L But tbh I only did two questions on that test and the teacher is a pure gom.. :P

• Advertisement

Cause I Haven't and I'm the only one of my friends who hasn't! I've gotten nothing under a C apart from one Woodwork Exam (D).. :L But tbh I only did two questions on that test and the teacher is a pure gom.. :P

I've failed woodwork for three years in a row.I hate it.
    In first year I failed geography and irish, and I failed history is second year.

Me so smartz

paddyzk wrote: »
    I've failed woodwork for three years in a row.I hate it.
    In first year I failed geography and irish, and I failed history is second year.

Me so smartz
    Woodwork is f**king impossible! >:O I detest it.. It's a horrid, horrid subject.. :L

Woodwork is f**king impossible! >:O I detest it.. It's a horrid, horrid subject.. :L

I like woodwork, got a high c in mocks (68%) without doing a tap.. hoping for A in June ... but my project might let me down.

Only test I've failed (in christmas/summer test.. not including class tests, i've failed one or tow of them) failed 1st year summer test French and Irish in the mocks. 38% :P

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MikeyS9607

Why the hell can't we ALL use laptops for the exams?
    ****ing department of education.

MikeyS9607 wrote: »
    Why the hell can't we ALL use laptops for the exams?
    ****ing department of education.
    Em, because of the internet.. :L

No problem! *cough* nerd *cough*
    Only Maths tests :L and I've always been just a few percent below the pass mark - I think the lowest percentage I ever got was 32% in a class test a couple of years back :L but other than that I haven't failed any tests/exams in any other subjects :)

Does anyone know if a 2nd Year can apply to supervising exams?

Also how do you go about getting it? :D

It's only fifth years in my school.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

I never failed a test until 4th year, failed my first two Physics tests (First time I couldnt get away without studying). Its a nuiscance but it gave me the impetus to study for my Easter physics exam - I got 80% which I was far from upset with! :)

No offence but that would be ridiculous and cray. Pretty sure they have 5th years do it for a reason.

• Advertisement

Has anyone seen the trailer for the Marvel Avengers-assemble movie.. Looks AMAZING tbh .. definitely gonna have to go see it :D
    .. would be better if it was marvel and dc though dc has aquaman, batman, green lantern, flash etc

Advertisement