Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lavatube

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Nah I've been at 11 the last couple months I'd say, was only on 24/18mg for the first 4 weeks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ah right, well yeahy if TH is what you're after you'd want to bump up the nic. wanna be careful you dont vape more than you can handle though, be bouncing off the walls

I think I've a bottle of 18mg orange @ home! I'll fill the tank with that tomorrow, before I chuck in an LR, I'll see what happens anyway! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

eeloe wrote: »
    I think I've a bottle of 18mg orange @ home! I'll fill the tank with that tomorrow, before I chuck in an LR, I'll see what happens anyway! :-)

What PG VG ratio do you vape? You probably know this but you will get more throathit with higher percentage ratio of PG.

75/25 PG/VG Normal Dekang stuff

• Advertisement

Hmmm, this is working out strange, this morning I have about 3ml of 11mg pineapple left, so I said I'd use it up before I changed the carto.

I've been Vaping it since lunch time....and there's still half a tank left...strange one eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

Quick question lads, whats the smallest vv unit around?
    Looking at something to compliment my lavatube and the mini lava doesn't seem to be much smaller than the original...

The mini lava is quite a bit smaller than the original....

Anything smaller maybe be a box mod of some type?

I bought a mini lavatube in the end and it's perfect for nights out, cheers eeloe.

Where did ya pick it up man?

• Advertisement

e-cig wizard

Nice one, they had a deal a week or two ago, 25% off? Ya get that?

No 15% off was the best I could do

Better than a kick in the stones tho, eh? :)

Just a quick question on the lavatube V2, I'm slightly confused as have heard a few different reports on the workings of it.

Does version2 give the ohms reading on its display of cartomisers/atomisers and does it have a higher amp limit before voltage drop off than version 1.

Yep!!

Well the one that I have, which is one of the ones Bart @ TBS is gonna be selling(not the chrome v2 with the ego connection from Ecigwizard) has a feature, that when it's turned on, tap the power button once, and it'll give you your carto/atty ohms, and then display the set voltage.

It's got a 3.5+ limit, I've gotten LR carto's to fire @ 6v and the highest I've went with a DCC is 5.2....

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

The version that gives you the ohms of your carto/atty is the 1.5 - heard it's not good though. The V2 is exactly the same as the regular but really shiny.

eeloe wrote: »
    Yep!!

Well the one that I have, which is one of the ones Bart @ TBS is gonna be selling(not the chrome v2 with the ego connection from Ecigwizard) has a feature, that when it's turned on, tap the power button once, and it'll give you your carto/atty ohms, and then display the set voltage.

It's got a 3.5+ limit, I've gotten LR carto's to fire @ 6v and the highest I've went with a DCC is 5.2....

Has it got a vent?

In the bottom cap? It does...

If you take the top of the Lava Tube off, does it click back into place?

I think Sir Digby's came off and I was wondering if it clicks back into place?

• Advertisement

um
    provided you didnt break it when you took it off, it should
    but it will never be properly on again.. it wont be loose, but it will pop off with sod all effort
    and you run the risk of ripping one of the wires either off the circuit board or off the atty connector

Cheers, got my hands on a dud for spare parts, so was just wondering what I can actually use if needed. I cracked the screw on cap at the bottom and when I looked for a replacement, someone offered me an old Lavatube for nothing.

It works perfectly at 3.7v but no higher. I would imagine it's an easy fix if you knew what you were doing.

someone on ukvapers said they got their LT repaired by someone else on the site recently
    maybe that's an option?

it sounds like (to my completely uneducated ears) that the boost circuit has gone ****ered up, so it can't turn that 3.7 into 4-5-6.

dunno how safe I'd feel using it.. but then again I dont know why :)

Sir Digby is correct - the regulator sounds like it's buggered.

Bit of a surprise - Chrome mini Lavatubes for €42.99 at Bargainvapour.ie which is the cheapest I've seen anywhere including the only British vendor that has them,
    Health-E-Vape. They're priced at £57.99 which is €30 more expensive!

Ireland gets something early and cheaper than the UK - it's a turn up for the books. Hats off to Bargainvapour!

yeah was looking at the site earlier today. dont like the look of the other "lavatube" they have on the site, but the chrome mini is a damn good price.

i still think the chrome lt's look **** though :)

I think the chrome is rather snazzy myself - the new connector and end cap are a massive improvement in my eyes. I'm getting a lot of silver stuff these days!

Two days after I sold my backup and my Stig mod - my Lavatube decides it's lost the will to live.

Awesome.

:/

• Advertisement

mrplop wrote: »
    Two days after I sold my backup and my Stig mod - my Lavatube decides it's lost the will to live.

Awesome.

Do you still have something to keep you going?

Advertisement