Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Lavatube

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

are they 3 ohm or LR (2ohm) ?

either way it does sound ...duddy
    boges are better than dual coils for flavour, not by a huge amount but it's noticeable enough imo
    the draw on them is kinda tight compared to other cartos so that sounds.. kinda normal, unless it was ridiculously tight. you sure you filled it enough?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Twas these ones:
    http://www.ezsmoke.ie/boge-cartomizers-pack-p-129.html

Definitely filled it enough - and left it to soak for 30 mins. Maybe I overfilled it and clogged it up.

Not a big deal either way, I think I'll find it hard to stop using a tank system now.

yeah, they're the 3ohms

probably a dud then I guess.. what voltage were you firing them at?

I find the standard res work best at a voltage of 4.5 and above, I tend to vape them at 5 volts

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I'm considering the plunge, my ProVari is a bit the worse for wear and I fancy a change anyway.

tbh the newer lavatubes are almost as good as the provari
    main differences are the build quality, the price (!) and the lavatube will drop voltage a bit when the battery has lost some charge. I think after 3.6V left on the battery you will notice a bit of performance drop, where the provari will keep everything steady at whatever V until it dies. this does mean the LT lasts longer between charges though

if you aren't married to the tube mod shape, consider a throathit dual 18650 vv mod
    around 95 sterling, lasts 2-3 days on a single charge.. 5 amp limit, plugs in to charge like a mobile phone and can be used while its charging

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

tbh the newer lavatubes are almost as good as the provari
    main differences are the build quality, the price (!) and the lavatube will drop voltage a bit when the battery has lost some charge. I think after 3.6V left on the battery you will notice a bit of performance drop, where the provari will keep everything steady at whatever V until it dies. this does mean the LT lasts longer between charges though

Don't think the V3's drop voltage near the end - it's a Pulse width modulation thang.

mrplop wrote: »
    Don't think the V3's drop voltage near the end - it's a Pulse width modulation thang.

oh, really?
    hrm interesting

if anyone wants to send me one of theirs for a few days to test this with a multimeter I'd be happy to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Caved and ordered mine :D

those "xxxxx saved" quit banners oughta have options to subtract money spent on vaping gear

can someone please recommend a pair of good long-lasting 18650 batts and a decent charger please?

• Advertisement

the aw imrs are good batteries

think you can get 2000mah versions on ecigwizard or one of the english sites.. might be a tiny bit too long for the LT but you can get an o ring to block off the bit of the threads that dont complete properly

charger.. trustfire tr001 does the job. TBS has them

the aw imrs are good batteries

think you can get 2000mah versions on ecigwizard or one of the english sites.. might be a tiny bit too long for the LT but you can get an o ring to block off the bit of the threads that dont complete properly

charger.. trustfire tr001 does the job. TBS has them

any idea on these batts that TBS has?

http://www.thebestshop.eu/vv-mods/lavatube-vx-spare-battery/prod_252.html

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I've got two of them batteries, and they are grand! :)

get a good while out of them in the Lavatube! :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

New Lavatube arrived today from TBS, super quick delivery as always. Quite impressed so far. Build quality is a step up on the original ones, not a huge leap, but it's pretty good considering. The controls are slightly different than the original, it seems to be 5-press on and off, rather than a long press, which now gives resistance. So I had a little panic when I was trying to check battery voltage (7-press on the original) and it kept turning itself on and off :) I need to experiment with this a little more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

stevenmu wrote: »
    This is a great kit to get to start with: http://www.thebestshop.eu/electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/ego-t-dcc-promotional-starter-kit/prod_207.html

With that you'll only need to get juice/liquid and a drip tip or two, and then you'll be good to go. Just charge the battery, fill a cartomiser with liquid, screw it onto the battery, put in the drip tip and you're ready to go.

I went with that kit, hopefully this works out and you'll be seeing more of me in this forum. Appreciate the help and advice.

Best of luck with it. It can seem a bit overwhelming when you get it first, but you get used to it quickly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭alec76

eeloe wrote: »
    I've got two of them batteries, and they are grand! :)

get a good while out of them in the Lavatube! :)
    Are they protected? Any sign of PCB?

There is a kind of ridged area at the top, could be the PCB?

No ,PCB always at the bottom , it is ~ 2mm board , there is a metal string across the battery aswell ( it is under the jacket of course, still u can feel it )

206031.jpg

• Advertisement

3.5 amp discharge current wouldn't be enough would it?

Can't feel anything at the bottom, and from that link it doesn't look like they are protected. Shame really.

These sort of mods don't automatically become ticking time bombs without protected batteries - AW's are probably safer because of their high discharge rate anyway.

Yeah, good point. I have some AW IMRs already and some protected panasonic li-ions on the way, but these will make fine backups for travelling etc.

Well mine arrived anyway. Tis ok. What volatages do people like DCCs at nowadays anyway?

it depends on whether or not you're a sick freak

if you're not, 3.7 or thereabouts is decent enough.

I must dig out some of those 2.5ohm dual coils I have squirrelled away and try them at higher voltages as the 1.5ohms were just sickening above 4v for me

I'm finding 3.9 fine at 1.5 Ohm. :p

nesf wrote: »
    I'm finding 3.9 fine at 1.5 Ohm. :p

i suppose I shouldn't be surprised at this level of perversion from a politics mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Can anybody recommend a good atomizer/whatchacallem/tank for the LT?

I bought a DCT 6ML and it has an incredibly terrible burnt taste/smell, and the two atomizers (510 I think) that came with it smell burnt too.

My oldschool eGo battery with a LR A type atomizer is excellent as usual, such a good vape :pac:

• Advertisement

you're probably running the DCT's at too high a voltage.. try it in between 3.4-3.8v

other than that, the mini-sub tank from momandpopvapourshop.com is good with boge cartomisers. can get the boges from irish sites. mini-sub tank is cheap enough and delivery is about as week from the states

--edit

http://www.thevapourstore.ie/cartomisers/510-dual-coil-cartomiser-xl-2ohm/prod_309.html

if you get these in "silver".. without the black wrapping around it, and get a carto punch to punch a hole in the cartomiser you should be able to use these in your DCT

Advertisement