Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New York Giants Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/3/22/2888200/2012-nfl-draft-prospect-profile-robert-turbin-rb-utah-state

This guy is a monster. Will be there in there at bottom of the 3rd. Brandon Jacobs 2.0??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Devon Wylie worked out with the Giants today from Fresno State.

Good slot receiver, quick and good PR.
    Ran a 4.39
    5'9
    187 lbs

Slight concern over his injuries and durability. Averaged over 15 yards on PR. I'd say we like him a lot and shows we aren't so comfortable with JJ as PR.

He could be a solid enough pick in the 5th.
    Draft Profile
    Combine

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Date Opponent Time TV
    Sept. 5 (Wed) Dallas Cowboys 8:30 PM NBC
    Sept. 16 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1:00 PM FOX
    Sept. 20 (Thurs) @ Carolina Panthers 8:20 PM NFLN
    Sept. 30 @ Philadelphia Eagles 8:20 PM NBC
    Oct. 7 Cleveland Browns 1:00 PM CBS
    Oct. 14 @ San Francisco 49ers 4:15 PM FOX
    Oct. 21 Washington Redskins 1:00 PM FOX
    Oct. 28 @ Dallas Cowboys 4:15 PM FOX
    Nov. 4 Pittsburgh Steelers 4:15 PM CBS
    Nov. 11 @ Cincinnati Bengals 1:00 PM FOX
    Nov. 18 BYE
    Nov. 25 Green Bay Packers 8:20 PM* NBC
    Dec. 3 (Mon) @ Washington Redskins 8:30 PM ESPN
    Dec. 9 New Orleans 4:15 PM* FOX
    Dec. 16 @ Atlanta Falcons 1:00 PM* FOX
    Dec. 23 @ Baltimore Ravens 1:00 PM* FOX
    Dec. 30 Philadelphia Eagles 1:00 PM* FOX

Chad Jones is back!

Chad Jones is back!

Yea not many people think that he will make it as a pro player after the accident. Pity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Date Opponent Time TV
    Sept. 5 (Wed) Dallas Cowboys 8:30 PM NBC
    Sept. 16 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1:00 PM FOX
    Sept. 20 (Thurs) @ Carolina Panthers 8:20 PM NFLN
    Sept. 30 @ Philadelphia Eagles 8:20 PM NBC
    Oct. 7 Cleveland Browns 1:00 PM CBS
    Oct. 14 @ San Francisco 49ers 4:15 PM FOX
    Oct. 21 Washington Redskins 1:00 PM FOX
    Oct. 28 @ Dallas Cowboys 4:15 PM FOX
    Nov. 4 Pittsburgh Steelers 4:15 PM CBS
    Nov. 11 @ Cincinnati Bengals 1:00 PM FOX
    Nov. 18 BYE
    Nov. 25 Green Bay Packers 8:20 PM* NBC
    Dec. 3 (Mon) @ Washington Redskins 8:30 PM ESPN
    Dec. 9 New Orleans 4:15 PM* FOX
    Dec. 16 @ Atlanta Falcons 1:00 PM* FOX
    Dec. 23 @ Baltimore Ravens 1:00 PM* FOX
    Dec. 30 Philadelphia Eagles 1:00 PM* FOX

2 sets of back to back road games in what is already the toughest schedule (going by last years wins & losses) is not the best way to try and repeat. Also hopefully we will have the division wrapped up before the eagles come to town in week 17

It really is a horrible schedule. The G Men never like doing things the easy way tho.

I dont know that its any worse than this years schedule.

Lets split the division games and go 3-3.

I think the Bucaneers, Panthers, Browns, Bengals are all very winnable games.

Away to 49ers and Falcons wont be easy but not impossible.

Steelers, Saints, Ravens, Packers are obviously tough

I'm calling it now 10-6 :D

[URL="New York Giants Offseason: Victor Cruz Guarantees No Hold Out, According To Report"]New York Giants Offseason: Victor Cruz Guarantees No Hold Out, According To Report[/URL]
    Here's a sigh of relief for New York Giants fans: star wide receiver Victor Cruz has reportedly guaranteed he will play the 2012 season at his currently scheduled salary and will not hold out:

It's great news for the defending Super Bowl champs, as the possibility of a Cruz holdout -- he's scheduled to make just $540,000 in 2012 -- seemed legit.

Hopefully it's true, although if they agree to give him a larger salary I would be happy too.

6 days left to the draft.

We have 5 picks in the 1st 4 rounds. What would people like to see added?

I would like 2 d-line players, 1 o-line player, 1 WR and 1 DB

The later rounds then we could take a flyer on RB's/TE's

My Ideal draft would be

1st - Jerel Worthy - DT - Michigan State
    2nd - Brandon Boykin - CB - Georgia
    3rd - Brandon Mosley - OT - Auburn
    4th - Kheeston Randle - DT - Texas
    4th - Tommy Streeter - WR - Miami

Any opinions on what positions or players ye would like to see chosen?

• Advertisement

In the first I can see us going for Mike Adams. With the recent positive drug test it might affect the Giants decision. Depends on how they feel about occasional marijuana use.

In the first I can see us going for Mike Adams. With the recent positive drug test it might affect the Giants decision. Depends on how they feel about occasional marijuana use.

I dunno about Adams. There are alot of concerns about him outside of the recent drug arrest.

He was suspended for 2 games in 09, 5 games in 11, and he had been cited for drug possession prior to this. You would like to see some sort of progression in terms of maturity.

Also he struggled badly against outside rushers with speed in college. You'd imagine Ware/Orakpo/Kerrigan/Babin would eat him alive if he is our LT. He could make a decent RT but I'd rather avoid him to be honest.

Yeah I'd be in the same boat as you. Knowing the most important interview of your life is looming and you still decide to roll one up. I was going through a few mocks and he is touted as going to us in nearly all of them.

Yeah I'd be in the same boat as you. Knowing the most important interview of your life is looming and you still decide to roll one up. I was going through a few mocks and he is touted as going to us in nearly all of them.

:D

Could you see us using Osi as bait and trying to trade up for someone like Konz or De Castro?

HigginsJ wrote: »
    :D

Could you see us using Osi as bait and trying to trade up for someone like Konz or De Castro?

I would be surprised if we did. Would love us to get Konz though.

What about a running back? We are in desperate need of one. Don't think we will draft in the first. Doug Martin looks like a good one.

I would be surprised if we did. Would love us to get Konz though.

What about a running back? We are in desperate need of one. Don't think we will draft in the first. Doug Martin looks like a good one.

I def wouldnt take a running back in the 1st (outside of something happening to Trent Richardsons draft stock)

We have Bradshw, Ware and Scott. Its not an area of strength but i think someone in the rounds would do.

I do like Robert Turbin. He really is Jacobs 2.0 Late round guys like Cyrus Gray or Terence Ganaway would be decent pick-ups. They are only going to be getting 5-7 touches a game as long as Bradshaw and Ware are fit.

Its the offseason so obviously Osi is telling everyone his contract is rubbish and wants out of NYC.

He doesnt think he will be traded (which is a shame), he wnt sign an extension with the Giants so is gone at the end of next season and wants to break Strahans sack record (well dont think he'll get that chance with the Giants now as he is 3rd choice behind Tuck n JPP)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d828954ff/article/giants-osi-umenyiora-not-interested-in-shortterm-extension?module=HP11_headline_stack

Such a waste. Don't see why we don't trade him. Would get a 2nd round pick for him.

Never say never with the trade, while unlikely its not impossible that he will be traded

Well we have our emotional offensive leader back.

• Advertisement

Didn't think we would go for Wilson, but he is a ready made replacement for Jacobs. Also we added depth to the d-line before the draft with the addition of Shaun Rodgers from NO. The D-line sure looks in good shape !!

Who would you guys gor for in rounds 2-3 now? Would there be any value in trading up?

wawaman wrote: »
    Didn't think we would go for Wilson, but he is a ready made replacement for Jacobs. Also we added depth to the d-line before the draft with the addition of Shaun Rodgers from NO. The D-line sure looks in good shape !!

Who would you guys gor for in rounds 2-3 now? Would there be any value in trading up?

Would like to see them trade up (they wont) to get Cordy Glenn or Jonathan Martin. Cant understand why they passed on those two guys for Wilson.

Wilson is a good player but there was way better higher rated players left.

wawaman wrote: »

Would like to see them trade up (they wont) to get Cordy Glenn or Jonathan Martin. Cant understand why they passed on those two guys for Wilson.

Wilson is a good player but there was way better higher rated players left.

You not happy at all with the first Higgins?

We had to get a decent RB. I think we will draft BPA for now after sorting out DE.

Im not so much dissapointed as I am surprised. With the picks left there is very few who would of said we were gonna get Wilson. I had us getting Jonathon Martin in my mock.

You not happy at all with the first Higgins?

We had to get a decent RB. I think we will draft BPA for now after sorting out DE.

Its not that i'm not happy, Wilson is a very good player.

But Cordy Glenn, Jonathan Martin (both higher ranked at a need position) and Courtney Upshaw (higher ranked, not sure how he'd fit) were all on the board and just think could have got an RB at the bottom of the 2nd like Miller, James or Turbin.

Only saw Eli put up this video there. Sorrrrrryyyyyyyyy

Reuben Randle :confused:
    Jayron Hosley :)

Reuben Randle :confused:
    Jayron Hosley :)

I don't mind Randle. Good player. Best WR prospect at his position. He fills a need but I really want to see a few defensive picks.

• Advertisement

I don't mind Randle. Good player. Best WR prospect at his position. He fills a need but I really want to see a few defensive picks.

Randle is solid. No more than that though. Doesnt scream potential all-pro. Cant see him making much impact (hope i'm wrong)

Excellent set of corner now with TT, Webster, Prince and Hosley.

What would you like to see picked?

2 4th rounders a 6th and a 7th remaining.

I'd like the TE Ladarius Green in the 4th and then the other 3 picks on the o-line and d-line. If Green not there then just 2 o-line and 2 d-line picks.

Advertisement