Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 - Episode 3 **Have NOT Read The Books / No Spoilers Included**

Options
  • 15-04-2012 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭

3/10.

Personally, I'm reading A Clash Of Kings at the same time, trying not to read too far ahead. Too tempting.

Anyways, from the wiki, heres whats happened already for anyone in need of remembering(not like thats necessary :p)

1- To Cersei's dismay, Tyrion takes up his post as acting Hand at King's Landing. At Dragonstone, Stannis Baratheon proclaims allegiance to Melisandre's new god and lays public claim to the Iron Throne, revealing Joffrey's bastardy. As this news reaches the capital, the Gold Cloaks slaughter Robert's bastards. Having won three victories, Robb Stark offers the Lannisters peace in exchange for the North's independence, sending Theon to gain Balon Greyjoy's support and Catelyn to seek Renly Baratheon's. Beyond the Wall, the Night's Watch find shelter with the Wildling Craster and his daughter-wives. In Essos, as her people slowly die in the Red Waste, Daenerys sends out riders to look for help.

2- Returning to his home of Pyke after nine years as the Starks' ward, Theon Greyjoy is reunited with his sister Yara and his father Balon, who despises Theon for his Northern ways and intends to win back his crown by force. Cersei rejects Robb Stark's terms and Tyrion exiles Janos Slynt, head of the Gold Cloaks, to the Wall and promotes Bronn to commander of the watch. On the road to the Wall, Arya reveals her true identity to Gendry. North of the Wall, Samwell Tarly is approached by one of Craster's daughters, Gilly, who is pregnant and fears for her unborn child, but Jon is reluctant to help her despite Sam's pleas. In the Red Waste one of the horses returns to Daenerys with the decapitated head of its rider in a pouch, a message from one of her enemies. On Dragonstone, Davos Seaworth recruits the pirate Salladhor Saan to Stannis's side, and Stannis has sex with Melisandre to obtain the son his wife could not give him. Jon discovers that Craster sacrifices his sons to the White Walkers.

Heres a preview to tomorrows episode:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

Genuinely can't wait for this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I watched episode 2 the day after episode 1 after it was on HBO GO so thats two weeks with no new Thrones :( happy dance its back tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

What time is it on at ? And is it on Sky Atlantic ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

MungBean wrote: »
    What time is it on at ? And is it on Sky Atlantic ?

Tonight in US, tomorrow night on Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

9pm Eastern Time in the US I'm assuming??? might just have to stay up and catch it on a stream... really looking forward to it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Enjoyed that episode, even though the quality was horrid. Have to watch it again tomorrow.

I love Tyrion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Just watched the episode there... can't complain at all... story building up nicely...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Natalie Dormer *drools*

That was enjoyable. Poor Needle!

Also, how clever is Tyrion? Love that guy :)

Really enjoyed that episode.

"One thing I hate about crossbows, they take too long to reload"

Classic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

What an episode! Tyrion is the business, was a bit shocked at Littlefinger falling for it, I thought he'd have seen through that. Arya is proving to be a very smart "Boy" :D

cant wait for next weeks episode :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,013 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Clever ploy by Tyrion, though you'd wonder if he's flying too close to the sun at this stage. He's certainly making his mark, but he's p*ssing off Cersei & let's not forget he's the one who clocked Joffrey across the face, way back in series 1.

The only plotline that doesn't feel like it's moving is Arya's ...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Probably not one of the best episodes but still very good - not much action but a lot of lovely politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

pixelburp wrote: »
    Clever ploy by Tyrion, though you'd wonder if he's flying too close to the sun at this stage. He's certainly making his mark, but he's p*ssing off Cersei & let's not forget he's the one who clocked Joffrey across the face, way back in series 1.

The only plotline that doesn't feel like it's moving is Arya's ...

Seems to be moving a hell of a lot faster than Dany's :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Only disappointing thing was I didn't get to see my Calisi. :(

By the way, when I first saw this OP a couple of days ago, I thought 3/10 was a score you had given the episode, somehow seeing it before all of us, so I stayed away lest there be spoilers.

Episode 4 next time please!

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

By the way, when I first saw this OP a couple of days ago, I thought 3/10 was a score you had given the episode, somehow seeing it before all of us, so I stayed away lest there be spoilers.

I read online that there are 15 episodes this season! Anyone know if this is true? I'd be very happy if it was! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

I read online that there are 15 episodes this season! Anyone know if this is true? I'd be very happy if it was! :D

Nope, season 2 will comprise 10 ep's. Unfortunately :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,013 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Seems to be moving a hell of a lot faster than Dany's :P
    They're about as bad really; to me Arya's feels worse as there's a more immediate threat to her & the king's bastard. Splitting hairs really as it's all been very good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Only disappointing thing was I didn't get to see my Calisi. :(
    It's spelled Khaleesi. :)

The news on episode sizes was that Season 3 will be 10 episodes long too but only cover half of the third book. Given that this book was so large it could just about be printed as a hardback and they had to split the book to print it as a paperback, this is great news.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Just out of interest how do people here watch HBO ?

You know you've played Skyrim far too much, when the kid was lying there with an arrow in his knee and the first thing you think is, "Well, he won't be an adventurer any more"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

who was the gay king the son of again and yerone?

He's the brother of Robert of Baratheon (sp), the King from series 1 who died midway through the season. Stannis (the dour fellow in the thrall of the Lady-McBeth-alike) is also a brother, and technicall the rightful heir to the throne over Joffrey as he's next in line.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,387 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Renley, Robert Baratheon's (and Stannis Baratheon's) brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

as they said seems everyone is a king now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Really enjoyed it, arya's story just got really interesting, lots of new characters for us to get confused over!

How tall is the woman knight?!

Clever arya, although I'm wondering will the lunatics in the cage come to help or get her.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

cabrwab wrote: »
    Really enjoyed it, arya's story just got really interesting, lots of new characters for us to get confused over!

6'3 according to her WIKI, but with forced perspective she looks even bigger!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

cabrwab wrote: »

6'3 according to her WIKI, but with forced perspective she looks even bigger!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭golfball37

Renlys new queeen could play that role in her sleep, I loved her as Anne Bolyen in the tudors and this role looks very similar. Can't wait to see more of her.

Advertisement