Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 - Episode 3 **Have NOT Read The Books / No Spoilers Included**

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Why has Theon gone back to his father? Thought he was loyal to the Starks so much so that they considered him a brother/son?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Letsdoit

Degag wrote: »
    Why has Theon gone back to his father? Thought he was loyal to the Starks so much so that they considered him a brother/son?

I Never liked him always thought he was a snake and I think after last night he proved it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

as they said seems everyone is a king now
    The second book (this series) was called A Clash of Kings so you can see where they're going here ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

A combination of Theon wanting to one day be a king, rather than a ward, coupled with the desire to earn back his father's love (or whatever passes for love on that godforsaken island)

I ****ing hate waiting for the next episode :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

So the troops killed the boy with the skull helmet, they believe it's mission accomplished for them though Arya tricked them

However....did nobody brief them the helmet was only one way to identify the bastard, they also needed to find someone with black hair

Seems the sort of information you'd give to the troops when you send them out on the mission
    Maybe I'm just being fussy, just something I was thinking about

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

pixelburp wrote: »
    A combination of Theon wanting to one day be a king, rather than a ward, coupled with the desire to earn back his father's love (or whatever passes for love on that godforsaken island)

He strikes me as easily led. He's letting romantic notions of family and leadership cloud what he already knows, that it's a completely morally wrong choice by him. He knows instantly that his father is a vengeful and cruel man, but he doesn't have the courage to stop him.

I like Theon, he's someone caught between two worlds and despite his actions isn't a bad guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

mikemac1 wrote: »
    However....did nobody brief them the helmet was only one way to identify the bastard, they also needed to find someone with black hair

Seems the sort of information you'd give to the troops when you send them out on the mission
    Maybe I'm just being fussy, just something I was thinking about

Yes, I'm sure the Lannisters would have a big meeting to inform their entire army that all of Robert's natural born children are dark haired. It would be great for morale.

Cersei and maybe a few other people at the top are fully aware of all the relevant information here. They absolutely do not want to spread that information, they want to suppress it. Their rank and file footsolders aren't going to know the importance of hair color in this situation.

At some point they might bring back the head to someone who knows better and realize the mistake, but it will take a long time due to travel times before it can happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Anachrony wrote: »
    Yes, I'm sure the Lannisters would have a big meeting to inform their entire army that all of Robert's natural born children are dark haired. It would be great for morale.

You're taking me up wrong

Tell the captain, one lad, has a skull helmet, dark hair, now head north on the Kings Road

I know well the information has to be suppressed but if you're sending troops off to find someone it's relevent

You make it seem like I can't follow what's happening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

mikemac1 wrote: »
    You're taking me up wrong

Tell the captain, one lad, has a skull helmet, dark hair, now head north on the Kings Road

I know well the information has to be suppressed but if you're sending troops off to find someone it's relevent

You make it seem like I can't follow what's happening

Yeah it was an oversight on the captain's part but given the frantic times it can probably be forgiven. Didn't Gendry's master just tell the captain something like "He's gone north to the wall, he has a bull's head helmet he made himself"? He probably thought that was enough information, how many kids travelling with the Night's Watch have a helmet like that etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

as they said seems everyone is a king now

Well everyone with any sort of claim to anything is declaring themself a king of something or other.

Joffrey, Renly, Stannis, Robb, Balon all have (or believe they have) rightful claims to, if not the Iron Throne, a throne of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

Frisbee wrote: »
    Well everyone with any sort of claim to anything is declaring themself a king of something or other.

Joffrey, Renly, Stannis, Robb, Balon all have (or believe they have) rightful claims to, if not the Iron Throne, a throne of some sort.

Don't forget Daenerys Targaryen aswell!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

PomBear wrote: »
    Don't forget Daenerys Targaryen aswell!
    Wouldn't she have the best claim? I think I have been paying attention but weren't the Targaryen deposed with force, due to Daenerys' da being a bit looper? Seems then she would be the one with the best claim given the Batatheon's took the throne with a coup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Wouldn't she have the best claim? I think I have been paying attention but weren't the Targaryen deposed with force, due to Daenerys' da being a bit looper? Seems then she would be the one with the best claim given the Batatheon's took the throne with a coup.

Same as saying Stannis over Renly as he's the eldest. Of course Stannis has the better claim but if he can't get people to support his cause then it doesn't matter, ditto for Dany.

Did Varys not teach you anything
    Power resides where men believe it resides

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

not gonna quote everyone else, but i thought he was asked or offered to go back and get the support of his father for robs army,

i like theon but he has no clue as to where he stands in the world,

another good episode,

anyone else think its weird that HBO renewed for only one season, wouldn't it have been easier to shoot all of book 3 in one go and then split it into 2 seasons, they would have saved a fortune,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

It's just standard procedure. Can't remember many times HBO renewed ashow for more than a season. Asking for twenty episodes produced back-to-back is asking for fatigue and logistics failures by creative.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

He's the brother of Robert of Baratheon (sp), the King from series 1 who died midway through the season. Stannis (the dour fellow in the thrall of the Lady-McBeth-alike) is also a brother, and technicall the rightful heir to the throne over Joffrey as he's next in line.
    it was the woman i was more confused about but i looked it up on the wikia

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

By the way, when I first saw this OP a couple of days ago, I thought 3/10 was a score you had given the episode, somehow seeing it before all of us, so I stayed away lest there be spoilers.

Episode 4 next time please!

My bad, sorry Pappa. :p

Advertisement