Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC off topic '12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

ohsurelook wrote: »
    Pffffffffffffft....Romeo and Juliet. Wouldja not study a real play like The Field? :P
    We watched that in English one day. I've never laughed so much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

Romeo and Juliet...

No actually, went to see it with my school last week :L
    Ah right :') Went to see that last year, but it was a really **** production and I fell asleep during the intermission and noone woke me up... ><

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭KirkCheated09

Pffffffffffffft....Romeo and Juliet. Wouldja not study a real play like The Field? :P

Is that not ordinary level?

Indiego wrote: »
    Ah right :') Went to see that last year, but it was a really **** production and I fell asleep during the intermission and noone woke me up... ><

the one we went to was pretty good, I liked it :L <-- What a nerd.. Hehe I fell asleep on the bus home, woke up with no shoes :L

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭ohsurelook

We watched that in English one day. I've never laughed so much

The play is worse! It's like...why? Our teacher asked us one day if we'd like to do a Shakespeare AS WELL AS The Field. And everyone else was like "AH NO SIR!" and I was all "YES"

• Advertisement

the one we went to was pretty good, I liked it :L <-- What a nerd.. Hehe I fell asleep on the bus home, woke up with no shoes :L
    Nothing wrong with liking it XD

No shoes? 0.o

Is that not ordinary level?

I certainly hope not. No,I doubt it. I'm definitely not doing Ordinary Level english and my teacher DEFINITELY knows that. He lurvs me. Thinks I'm clyass.

The play is worse! It's like...why? Our teacher asked us one day if we'd like to do a Shakespeare AS WELL AS The Field. And everyone else was like "AH NO SIR!" and I was all "YES"
    If you studied a shakesperian drama it really helps with the unseen shakesperian drama as the questions and marking is usually easier on the unseen shakesperian drama.
    Nothing wrong with liking it XD

No shoes? 0.o

hehe, my friend hid them, which was weird as we were sitting opposite the teacher, she had to have seen.. sound ms. :L

I certainly hope not. No,I doubt it. I'm definitely not doing Ordinary Level english and my teacher DEFINITELY knows that. He lurvs me. Thinks I'm clyass.

Oh, in my school the higher level do R+J and the ordinary do the field.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Its usually only done for ordinary level, as most higher level teachers opt for a Shakespearean play but theres no problems with it. When I was in 3rd year the other higher level class did The Field and it was fine!

On another note, Id encourage everyone to watch the Romeo and Juliet film version with Leonardo DiCaprio to appreciate it all more..

• Advertisement

Who else is studying the beast of a poem that is 'Inniskeen Road'? Actually,who else is studying the divine being that is Patrick Kavanagh? Can we just sit back and appreciate his amazingness?

Please?

hehe, my friend hid them, which was weird as we were sitting opposite the teacher, she had to have seen.. sound ms. :L

Hahahahahah poor you :L

I fell asleep on a ferry once coming back from a school tour, and my friend took all my stuff and hid it around the massive boat -_-
    Why do people enjoy hiding stuff so much? :P

deise_girl wrote: »
    Its usually only done for ordinary level, as most higher level teachers opt for a Shakespearean play but theres no problems with it. When I was in 3rd year the other higher level class did The Field and it was fine!

On another note, Id encourage everyone to watch the Romeo and Juliet film version with Leonardo DiCaprio to appreciate it all more..

+10000000000

Also, that version of the film is pretty epic... shakespearean people with guns crack me up for some reason.. :pac:

Who else is studying the beast of a poem that is 'Inniskeen Road'? Actually,who else is studying the divine being that is Patrick Kavanagh? Can we just sit back and appreciate his amazingness?

Please?
    Gway.Seamus Heaney is a sexy beast

Please?

dulce et decorum est now there's an awesome poem.

+10000000000

Also, that version of the film is pretty epic... shakespearean people with guns crack me up for some reason.. :pac:

They had guns in shakesperian times?

Hahahahahah poor you :L

I fell asleep on a ferry once coming back from a school tour, and my friend took all my stuff and hid it around the massive boat -_-
    Why do people enjoy hiding stuff so much? :P
    Oh I can never fall asleep on boats, I hate them, I have a terrible fear of drowning so I'm always alert on a boat. :L

They had guns in shakesperian times?

The film is a modernised version, so yes :L
    dulce et decorum est now there's an awesome poem.

I wrote about that poem in my exam :')

Oh I can never fall asleep on boats, I hate them, I have a terrible fear of drowning so I'm always alert on a boat. :L
    Ah bless XD

I love boats, crashed a speedboat into a rock by accident once though.. :o

Ah bless XD

You drove a speedboat ? not bad

• Advertisement

The film is a modernised version, so yes :L
    I wrote about that poem in my exam :')
    I know I've seen the film(both actually) , I meant in actual shakesperian times they did have guns, they had early rifles and things called 'blunderbusses' .. but they were not common.
    Ah bless XD

haha ya bad-ass ! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭I hate school

Hello ! :)

Welcome:) ... introduce yourself?

paddyzk wrote: »
    You drove a speedboat ? not bad

On holidays :') I failed at it though so my Dad wouldnt let me do it again :( :L
    I know I've seen the film(both actually) , I meant in actual shakesperian times they did have guns, they had early rifles and things called 'blunderbusses' .. but they were not common.

haha ya bad-ass ! :P

Ohhhhhhhhh /feels stupid

ah yeah, im such a rebel :L

Hi :D

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭I hate school

Im Lee :)

Ahoyhoy :)

Pleasure lee :)

On holidays :') I failed at it though so my Dad wouldnt let me do it again :( :L

Ohhhhhhhhh /feels stupid

ah yeah, im such a rebel :L

Don't feel stupid, it's a common mistake seeing as the Montagues and Capulates are both wealthy and they don't have any.

• Advertisement

Sup Lee, are ya in 3rd year or are ya a TY-er ?

Advertisement