Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Much colder Tues onward ------>Frost/wintry showers (Risk of snow in East for a time)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Snowed earlier here.
    This exact time last week it was 23.6C
    Currently 3.5C :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Temperature dropped from 8c to 6.3c here in Naas.

On and off showers here with the odd hail flurry. It has gotten windy as well.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Temp dropping slowly/nicely here. 5.0c DP 1.3c atm. No cigar but with any heavy ppn temps should be dragged down further.

Looking at radar ppn over Irish Sea has really developed nicely!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭arctictree

Standby Wicklow, what temps do we have up there?

Expect impact in 1.5 hours.

4.6c here and dropping. Rush hour should be fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭kingshankly

This day last week I fell asleep in the garden for an hour and got burnt today it is snowing. Ya gotta love Ireland
    (Just outside newry btw)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Light spits of rain here in Dalkey, ominous and closed sky out at sea...very windy. I like this weather

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Good view this afternoon on how things are developing and also shows the extent of Scottish snow cover.

198831.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Totally wasn't expecting it but just had a brief shower of snow..big wet flakes:eek:...Temp now down to 3.6c so hope for later me thinks... def lighting the fire now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 kenskool

I live on the Dublin mountains outside Tallaght. Roughly 250m asl. Its 3.7 Degrees now. Any chance of snow falling here?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

kenskool wrote: »
    I live on the Dublin mountains outside Tallaght. Roughly 250m asl. Its 3.7 Degrees now. Any chance of snow falling here?

Pretty good chance I'd say! Especially if we get some heavy stuff that will drag temps down further.

4.8c DP 1.7c atm.

• Advertisement

Knock AP reporting light snow showers at 1530 at 3c DP 1c

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

If it got heavy we'd prb have snow even here. But seems to be sliding south. We have light rain and sleet here now.

A little icy/sleety light rain here now too. 4.6c DP 2.0c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Meanwhile in Cork city, its 11.4C:pac:

Still cold light rain here...very windy (Dalkey)...

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Pretty good chance I'd say! Especially if we get some heavy stuff that will drag temps down further.

4.8c DP 1.7c atm.

Sounds good. We bought a jeep (just like everyone else) last year so any little bit of snow and I will take it for a spin up the hill.

I am looking over Dublin city and and I can see the band of precip just creeping along. slowly but surely

• Registered Users Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Just now at Dún Laoghaire harbour 0m asl

Wind N shifting NE, gusting 40kts, temp 4.6C and raw, light cold rain, heavy precip offshore, sea churning across Dublin bay - compared even to lunchtime it feels baltic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

kenskool wrote: »
    Sounds good. We bought a jeep (just like everyone else) last year so any little bit of snow and I will take it for a spin up the hill.

Great, more people to waste the resources of the emergency services :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I'd say it will be snowing in parts of Wicklow for the evening rush hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭compsys

This day last week I fell asleep in the garden for an hour and got burnt today it is snowing. Ya gotta love Ireland
    (Just outside newry btw)

I don't know why people keep going on about how freakish it is that it was 'warm' last week and now it's 'cold' or that it's 'typical' of Ireland and Irish weather.

Temperature drops of this kind over a short period of time are a regular occurrence in almost every place on Earth apart from Ireland and the UK.

In Toronto and New York at the end of March temperatures were up to 28c. Last weekend they were down at freezing.

In Melbourne on 11th March the temp. got down to 8 Celsius at night. Three days later it rose to 30 degree during the day.

If anything, the warm weather in March was the unusual weather and not today's sleet and snow...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

On a different note... look at this shower just south of galway city... it came out of nowhere!

533872_10150783843851718_631736717_12194346_362503041_n.jpg

moderate rain now in Dalkey, bit of sleet in the mix but its mostly rain...should be fun up in the Dublin hills later on :rolleyes:

intense hail in Dalkey, very cool with the strong wind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Great :(

Hope everyone enjoyed their summer last week :p

Had a brief but intense hail/sleet shower, now its back to light rain

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

bits of snow coming down in finglas,clear view of mountains here,let yous know if anything happens there

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭omck80

Have been a few hail showers in Sandyford area of Dublin very windy and cold rain showers now. Let it snow. Winter tires on car a trip up to the family in the mountains later might be in order :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Very heavy hail and sleet showers in Galway City, temp dropped to 5 degrees in one bad shower a while ago I was waiting for thunder it was such a dark cloud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Starting to turn to sleet now here up at Stepaside.. :)

Advertisement