Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭upandcumming

kylith wrote: »
    Start buying those tiny catons and make sure there's never any left in the fridge. Or UHT milk, and keep ot in your bedroom.

But there's no demand for that because its shite!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

kylith wrote: »
    Start buying those tiny catons and make sure there's never any left in the fridge. Or UHT milk, and keep ot in your bedroom.

But there's no demand for that because its s[SIZE="2"]hi[/SIZE]te!
    Really? I love the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

danslevent wrote: »
    This and the Facebook thread are two of my favourites :D

One of my roommates never buys milk even though she has cereal everyday. I think she thinks we don't notice that she never has a carton of milk in the fridge, it's weird as milk costs 79c a litre in the shop that is viewable from our apartment! I have seen her skulking around the kitchen waiting for everyone to leave so she can rush in and use our milk once we're gone, she even eats her breakfast in her room so we won't notice that she is using our milk.

To deter her from using I have drank straight out of my carton in front of her, even coughed into in once, but to no avail!

facebook thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Walked into work to see my boss with his hands holding his head and having a big sour puss on him....(guy is loaded prob worth €12m)

"whats wrong with you" I asked with a concerned look

"my ESB bill at home is nearly €20 euro more than what it normally is" he says with a big frown...

Anyhow the whole day goes by with him in a foul humour, with him thinking why his bill was higher than normal

Then just before the day is finished after him wrecking his head thinking,he jumps and shouts

"A-HA I know what is was!!!.......I was painting the hall stairs and landing a few weeks ago at night,and was using a 200 watt bulb so i could see what i was doing!!!"

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

hdowney wrote: »
    facebook thread?

There are only so many suggestions you can give though! My other roommate wants to jizz in his milk so he can get the satisfaction of watching it slowly deplete knowing she is the only one drinking from it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

pebbles21 wrote: »
    Walked into work to see my boss with his hands holding his head and having a big sour puss on him....(guy is loaded prob worth €12m)

"my ESB bill at home is nearly €20 euro more than what it normally is" he says with a big frown...

Anyhow the whole day goes by with him in a foul humour, with him thinking why his bill was higher than normal

Then just before the day is finished after him wrecking his head thinking,he jumps and shouts

"A-HA I know what is was!!!.......I was painting the hall stairs and landing a few weeks ago at night,and was using a 200 watt bulb so i could see what i was doing!!!"

:D

Imagine being worth millions and wasting a whole day worrying about why your bill was an extra €20. :P It's true, for some money can't buy happiness :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Imagine being worth that much money and having to paint on the stairs. That was probably that guy trying to "get back to his roots" or some other ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

Imagine being worth that much money and having to paint on the stairs. That was probably that guy trying to "get back to his roots" or some other ****.

Or he was just a tight fvuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

that's not stingy, that's frugal. stingy is when it affects others, which it didn't apart from ye having to listen to him all day!

some people just don't like wasting money no matter what their net worth is.

that's not stingy, that's frugal. stingy is when it affects others, which it didn't apart from ye having to listen to him all day!

some people just don't like wasting money no matter what their net worth is.

OK Fair enough...but same guy brought back a loaf of bread he bought in Tescos cos it was "Stay fresh bread"(was in a foil and suppose to stay fresh for seven days)and demanded his money back because it was gone off after six days...

Also he makes the whole family go to bed at 8.30 with no lights,tv,heating etc..to save money

Also his wife wanted to get contact lenses to his horror, instead of her glasses, and he rang over 200 opticians looking for the best price

Also he had about six properties which he rented out and in the house him and his wife were living in before they had kids,he rented out 4 bedrooms and him and the wife slept in the kitchen....

Will i go on?..........or you think hes still just frugal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Also he had about six properties which he rented out and in the house him and his wife were living in before they had kids,he rented out 4 bedrooms and him and the wife slept in the kitchen....

haha, now that's stingy. surprised the wife didn't leave him with stuff like that.

yes, these are all great stories!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

OK Fair enough...but same guy brought back a loaf of bread he bought in Tescos cos it was "Stay fresh bread"(was in a foil and suppose to stay fresh for seven days)and demanded his money back because it was gone off after six days...

Also he makes the whole family go to bed at 8.30 with no lights,tv,heating etc..to save money

Also his wife wanted to get contact lenses to his horror, instead of her glasses, and he rang over 200 opticians looking for the best price

This is why he is worth €12m, I don't understand it though, there is no point in being the richest man in the graveyard.

haha, now that's stingy. surprised the wife didn't leave him with stuff like that.

She did lol...

yes, these are all great stories!

Parked the car at a meter one day i was with him...stuck his €2 in...when we came back there was 10 mins left on the meter...so he sits there for the 10 mins then went..

At a set of traffic lights near Stephens green there some girls giving out free samples of some new Tea bags that were out at the time....he drove around Stephens green about 10 times....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,883 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Why is his wife being painted like a victim here. She could be just as stingey if not more stingey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

And you gave us the esb bill first, that one is SO much better.
    If I was his wife, he'd be sleeping on his own in the kitchen:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Quazzie wrote: »
    Why is his wife being painted like a victim here. She could be just as stingey if not more stingey.

If she's holding out for the retirement plan.... God help her ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Thats taking the women belongs in the kitchen philosophy a bit too far!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

When my mate was in college he was sharing student accommodation with 3 others in one of those official college flats geared for students sharing. They all had their own lockable press in the kitchen. One of the lads was the scabbiest fúckers ever. Lets call him Jonjo :D. My mate brought a microwave with him to the place cos there was just a cooker there - Jonjo brought a toaster. Grand, nothing wrong with that. And it was a shíte toaster, a tesco value type thing, obviously the broken one from his parents house that they gave to him cos the timer didn't work and you had to plug it out for your toast to pop. But Jonjo used to lock it away in his press when he finished using it in case one of the other lads used his precious broken toaster. He had no problem using my mates microwave.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mmm88

My father is probably the meanest man I have ever known. My brother bought new shoes for a confirmation and found them to be too tight and uncomfortable. He asked my dad could he borrow his shoes for the day as he doesn't live in the area and they are the same size. My father said yes no problem and charged him €2 (€1 a shoe!!!) I actually wish i was skitting! Hasn't changed much since!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

I saw the wrestler, Sting, once skimp on foundation. -_-

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

How do you know all this extremely personal information?

I smell bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,275 ✭✭✭ronjo

I smell bull****.

And what if it is???

Its After Hours and its Funny :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I smell bull****.

So stop talking!

ronjo wrote: »
    And what if it is???

Its After Hours and its Funny :)

Not sure if you're being philosophical or talking out your hole. :)

I smell bull****.

Cos i worked with the guy for 18 years in a small business

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Your boss sounds like he could give Liftshaft Frank a run for his money!

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Lash_Alert

This is why he is worth €12m, I don't understand it though, there is no point in being the richest man in the graveyard.

Im shocked though that this person has plucked this figure from their arse? 12 million? Do you realise just how rich that would make someone? They'd be as rich as like Chris Martin, members of westlife? Id say their rich, but no-where near as comfortable as you're making them out to be. Continue.....

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Lash_Alert

Small business gave him a net worth of 12million. Jesus, some business man he is.

That doesn't really answer the question...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭jones 19

reading all these scab stories has cost me 4 cents on electricity.......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement