Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE: The Savage Eye

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

i love the british one, the way british see the irish as 'idiot paddy' cracks me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

EdenHazard wrote: »
    i love the british one, the way british see the irish as 'idiot paddy' cracks me up.

pretty much the same way we see ourselves (with good reason) these days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Just noticed that "Foil, Arms and Hog" had a bit of a cameo in the Soap Opera/Hospital scene, saw em last night in town, great gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

they seem to be going for a fast show/monty python comedy on irish topics..

i just dont like the majority of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

The impersonation of a Nordy politician was hilarious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Quite enjoyed the Hard line with Pat Kenny bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Wasnt great.. I dont like the format of getting an intellectual to give his opinion, then get the man on the street to give his (uneducated and wacky) two cents, before a sketch... Seems like it's just lazy..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Much better episode, very dark humour though. TV is ****e, before tv life was ****e, tv blots out the ****eness of your life. Liked it!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Surinam

Oh my god the take on the Rose of Tralee had me in stitches - hit the nail on the head!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4o99f2ErLo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

I lol'd :D "Woo-ho Pat Kenny Wham-a-lam"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

Just watching it.
    It's terrible.

Nothing relevant or thought-provoking at all.

/wishes Chris Morris was back on TV. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

HECCCKKKTHORRRR

Yeah, each time i see him i'd like to take his head off.

and if he wasnt a foot taller and didn't look like someone who'd come back at ye with a knife, i would.

:)

just flicked to 3e to see a penis staring back at me!

anyway, good show tonight, better structured than the original. less cringe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

'I'M PUT WATER IN THIS POT, THEN BOIL IT, YOU HEARD ME RIGHT'

Wasnt great.. I dont like the format of getting an intellectual to give his opinion, then get the man on the street to give his (uneducated and wacky) two cents, before a sketch... Seems like it's just lazy..
    well that was only twice...but yeah.

like that it's a little less up it own arse this time.

which is always good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I thought some of it tonight was excellent. Really cracked me up. Dark humour and clever.
    The Seamus Heaney bit at the end still has me laughing. :D

family guy on, little hse on praisre intro. lol bye fab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I find it highly ironic - considering Savage's distaste for Boards & it's users - that "The Savage Eye" is very reminiscent of a bad night in After Hours.

Apart from Hector tonight which was only alright, i felt the show was dirt. i didnt laugh once

• Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭briany

Woah-Oh Pat Kenny! Bam-a-lam!

Pat Kenny's not mild - Bam-a-lam!

Pat Kenny's gone wild! Bam-a-lam!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

the girl playing a seogie was brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

Good episode. Anyone know how many more there are?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

Thought it was very bad. I just don't find the sketch with the presidents husband in a bird cage one bit funny and also the Northern Ireland sketch with the Prodistent and Catholic is awful. Apart from the very odd funny sketch the show is dire and should be pulled!

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

the Northern Ireland sketch with the Prodistent and Catholic is awful. Apart from the very odd funny sketch the show is dire and should be pulled!

Stick it in the paaaaan!

Thought it was very bad. I just don't find the sketch with the presidents husband in a bird cage one bit funny and also the Northern Ireland sketch with the Prodistent and Catholic is awful. Apart from the very odd funny sketch the show is dire and should be pulled!

Not a great sketch but i have to say i laughed last week when Patsy told Edwin after Edwin accused him of looking for a United Ireland,

''Ssshhh, caaawwwhmmm deownnn and just sit back and watch the cheques reuoll in from Wastminshter..''

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Should be pulled?this is the only decent home made show that RTE airs!

If you don't like it that's fair enough,but to suggest it should be pulled is fúcking ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I'm not certain, but having watched "give my head peace" once i can only assume they are ripping the pis$ out of it, (extreme canned laughter at obviously bad gags) while using it's setting to get some points across in a satirical sense...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Maybe Brendan O'Caroll is more to your taste? that's fine if it is, but to suggest a show should be pulled because you don't like it, is a bit much. You don't like it,lots of people don't but lots of people do. It's a subjective thing. That's life.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

thats the point though its taking the piss out of all those godawful Northern sitcoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭briany

I think that Patsy's long arm was ripped off from Bo Selecta's Mick Hucknall. I think that Reeves and Mortimer did something similar even before that which makes it telescopic plagarism I suppose. It's still funny, though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

Maybe Brendan O'Caroll is more to your taste? that's fine if it is, but to suggest a show should be pulled because you don't like it, is a bit much. You don't like it,lots of people don't but lots of people do. It's a subjective thing. That's life.

Ok maybe I was a bit harsh saying it should be pulled but I do think the majority of the sketches are a cross between a cats mikey and a dogs horloxs.

And no Brendan O'Caroll wouldn't interest me at all

Advertisement