Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mum there's a big cat at the back door

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Send the mother-in-law out to face it.
    The cat would run away, a mile a minute.
    (No, I ain't joking!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

What would you do OP?

Also, is that a Mountain Lion or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

What would you do OP?

Also, is that a Mountain Lion or what?

Number one on my list wouldbe to not open the door!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

I'd sigh with relief that it's not the Jehovah's at the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Stink on the inside

Yeah its a mountain lion (cougar), pic was taken in Canada from a remote hunting lodge. They are notorious for stalking/ lying in wait for prey including hikers.
    Beautiful beast, wouldn't want to shoot him but might retire to an upstairs room with a gun.
    Could also open the door a crack and kiss him on the nose as he tries to nudge his way in and then close it again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I would probably throw it some meat. Then it might start hanging around, but I wouldn't be able to help it I think.
    It would make getting to and from the car really interesting. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Savage Henry

I'd probably shout at him - "If you think you are coming in here to play my keyboard you can fcuk right off!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I love cats

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

get the hose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I would run out and give it a hug. Look at it! It's beautiful. I just know that it would love a big hug.

That's my favourite big cat btw.

Check this out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I would be amazed that I got to see such an interesting animal, I would take several pictures and get close to it as long as its safe to do so and observe. Then I would call someone to deal with it such as uhhh......is there even anybody in Ireland that could? Dublin zoo probably :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

If it sh1t in the turf shed I would be pretty angry :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭marketty

Saucer of milk

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Ah sure you'd have him house broken in no time. Then you'd never have to worry about the Jahovahs showing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭SeanW

I'd keep the door closed ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

BELLY RUB!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

Call my mortal enemy and tell him to come over for a fight to the death. Get a camera ready. Don't answer the door to him. Snuff movie!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I'd make a half assed attempt to domesticate it, and probably end up with no limbs. That's one gorgeous cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Blast with piss?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

I'd remember Kung Fu's advice: Big cats can be dangerous, but a little pussy never hurt anyone.:D:D:D

http://bigcatrescue.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/20120203-101848-300x273.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I'll just leave this here for y'all to show you what would likely happen if you opened the door! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

That's a rather indignant looking cougar. Not only has it not been left in the house but it's also clearly unimpressed with having it's photo taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

probably the usual, start shouting and pointing, omg omg it's a kitty, hey everyone look, it's a kitty, look at it, it's lovely, quickkkk somebody come here, I have to show you something...........it's a kitty.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,973 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I'd probably have a new fireside rug with a big unhappy looking cat's head on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Reposting from reddit i see

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

That's a rather indignant looking cougar. Not only has it not been left in the house but it's also clearly unimpressed with having it's photo taken.

That's not a cougar - this is a cougar! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,973 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    That's not a cougar - this is a cougar! ;)

I'd rather let the cat in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Find the camera and take some pic's, that is one nice pussy....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Some advice on how to deal with a cougar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Reposting from reddit i see

Making a valuable contribution to this thread, I see. :pac:

Advertisement