Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Can't remember where i seen it but Sony are meant to be releasing a Dev studio for people to program their own apps/games etc. The validation process is meant to be simple and its going to be a universal one. I think i read that the license is going to be something like 99 dollars a year.

Once this comes in, watch the apps roll in as we will effectively get an app store/market

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

EJ22 wrote: »
    Can't remember where i seen it but Sony are meant to be releasing a Dev studio for people to program their own apps/games etc. The validation process is meant to be simple and its going to be a universal one. I think i read that the license is going to be something like 99 dollars a year.

Once this comes in, watch the apps roll in as we will effectively get an app store/market

I think this is a bad thing to be honest. If I wanted a slew of cheap 1-dollar-games I'd stick to the iphone. I want the vita to have big budget AAA games, not tacky apps

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

animaX wrote: »
    EJ22 wrote: »

I think this is a bad thing to be honest. If I wanted a slew of cheap 1-dollar-games I'd stick to the iphone. I want the vita to have big budget AAA games, not tacky apps

I agree tbh, as much as there will be tons of apps/games, most will probably be filler crap. Only saving grace is to hope that sony's evaluation process will be thorough enough to decide what's good from what's not. If this allows us to play some good indie games along the likes of bindings of Isaac etc then I think it will be a success

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

yessssss finally won the title with fc twente in fifa :D I've now moved onto benfica :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

http://www.1up.com/features/vita-great-psp-games

fantastic list of psp games to consider

I toped up my psn wallet! I got 55eu now.

Was hoping to get tekken vs street fighter, but as pointed out before its not coming for awile...

Is unit 13 out already?

I wanted to pick up CvM 3, but it has no single player campaing at all, I am not fan of online as I will get my balls ripped off in seconds. frown.gif

There are tons of psp games with reduced prices lads. Any suggestions as I don't h e a clue about half of them!!!

I am still hooked on monster hunter, lumines and rayman thought smile.gif

Gods Eater Burst if you like monster hunter thats your next buy and at 10 € its a steal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I finished Uncharted today. I wasn't blown away by it, but I realised right after I'd finished it, and put the Vita down that I'd been playing THAT on a damn hand-held. It was repetitive and predictable, but really it was impressive when I thought back. A sign of what's to come, hopefully.

I meant to ask, does anyone know if the Vita's second stick can be used instead of the four buttons on PSP FPS games like Resistance to aim? I'd pick up a few games where I had trouble with that feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

animaX wrote: »

Not all of us have the funds for the over priced iPhone :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Not all of us have the funds for the over priced iPhone :P

Point taken, but we definitely don't want the gaming industry to turn into that! It would be like cinemas playing endless runs of two and a half men

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Paarthurnax

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm nearly done with every mystery except the sete citade one(if thats how you spell it) I've been playing along with the guide on IGN :D
    That guide seem good, I started using one from ps3trophies and it was rubbish so went back to my dlc map. I have 88% of trophies now. I have to get the SAS and Tau weapon trophies, steel fist expert (which is tricky) plus the 5 bounty trophies. Tried to add you on psn, I take it you are not cloud493 on that.

sarumite wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there are plans for new apps? I really like the hardware, but I found the UI a bit underwhelming. The browser wasn't particularly great. I would like a Vita for more than just gaming. A mail app with push notifications etc would be pretty cool.
    I'm sure there will be more apps, its early days yet and Sony seem to be focusing on the games aspect which is where the immediate money is at. There has been no system software update since the Feb launch. The system does have great potential for apps though. A mail app would be great!

Grayditch wrote: »
    I finished Uncharted today. I wasn't blown away by it, but I realised right after I'd finished it, and put the Vita down that I'd been playing THAT on a damn hand-held. It was repetitive and predictable, but really it was impressive when I thought back. A sign of what's to come, hopefully.
    I agree is very easy to start comparing the games to their PS3 versions , for example Uncharted 3 to Golden Abyss and Fifa 12 to Fifa Vita, neither game is as good on the Vita, but they are really fantastic for a handheld. Another thing to bear in mind is that these 2 games are release date games whereas the PS3 versions are at their peak really. The future looks bright for vita games. Looking forward to Resistance Burning Skies ans of course we'll be comparing it to R3 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

mystic86 wrote: »

It would not be a Kojima game without some inappropriate perverted Easter Eggs. :pac:
    Grayditch wrote: »
    I meant to ask, does anyone know if the Vita's second stick can be used instead of the four buttons on PSP FPS games like Resistance to aim? I'd pick up a few games where I had trouble with that feature.

Yes you can. When you are playing the PSP game, touch the screen for a second and a config menu pops up. Select Right Stick there and you can assign it to the directional buttons, the face buttons or the left stick [for left-handed people].

Also, while in that menu, turn on Bilinear Filtering. It pretties up most PSP games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

How big are most PSP games?

Otacon wrote: »
    It would not be a Kojima game without some inappropriate perverted Easter Eggs. :pac:

Yes you can. When you are playing the PSP game, touch the screen for a second and a config menu pops up. Select Right Stick there and you can assign it to the directional buttons, the face buttons or the left stick [for left-handed people].

Also, while in that menu, turn on Bilinear Filtering. It pretties up most PSP games.

Savage, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

Got one Saturday w/ Uncharted, pretty cool, but UC seems sorta like a tech demo. Traded 3DS + games, so got the PSV & 4GB & Uncharted for (technically) 25€ or so. Forgot to trade in Dragon Quest IX while I was there (didnt see it in the bag) :|
    Considering getting Monster Hunter again since you can use the right analog for the camera (I got to HR6dual tigrex originally, finally did it, then my save got messed up and it said it didn't belong to the system, so buh bye), so it might be easier now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Can anyone with monster hunter on the vita answer this, does the online feature still only use ad-hoc mode rather than connected through wifi

cloud493 wrote: »
    How big are most PSP games?

The average size for me so far is 1.1GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Have to say would love a god of war for this along the lines of the ps3 games. Never thought I'd say it but replayed GOW 3 with the nephew yesterday and thought wouldn't it be great to be able to do this on vita. Have the psp ones on umd dint fancy rebuying them want new graphics story etc.Maybe its that I don't get the time to game on the ps3 anymore but games like assassins creed, resi evil, devil may cry, fight night would do me just fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

tonydude wrote: »
    Can anyone with monster hunter on the vita answer this, does the online feature still only use ad-hoc mode rather than connected through wifi

Cant use wifi unfortunately no.

So disapointed the silent hill hd collection isn't coming to Vita. It could easily handle it so no idea why they decided against it. Pity!

Have to say would love a god of war for this along the lines of the ps3 games. Never thought I'd say it but replayed GOW 3 with the nephew yesterday and thought wouldn't it be great to be able to do this on vita. Have the psp ones on umd dint fancy rebuying them want new graphics story etc.Maybe its that I don't get the time to game on the ps3 anymore but games like assassins creed, resi evil, devil may cry, fight night would do me just fine.

With God of War IV in development, and the fact that it is a first-party title, I would not be surprised to find it coming to Vita too in some form.
    Big Knox wrote: »
    Cant use wifi unfortunately no.

So disapointed the silent hill hd collection isn't coming to Vita. It could easily handle it so no idea why they decided against it. Pity!

If the MGS HD collection sells, I can see Konami jumping at making the Silent Hill games available of Vita too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

If game go bust is my warranty for the vita void?I'm glad I didn't get the 40 euro insurance now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Otacon wrote: »
    If the MGS HD collection sells, I can see Konami jumping at making the Silent Hill games available of Vita too.

Yeah true but at that stage i'll have bought and finished them all on the PS3 more than likely ha.

I think it would be an amazing addition to the Vita though. Would be a totally different experience, played in bed in the dark with headfones in crouched over the small screen. GET THE FINGER OUT KONAMI!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If game go bust is my warranty for the vita void?I'm glad I didn't get the 40 euro insurance now.

Warranty is with Sony not game but you've lost any protection from consumer law that would have dealt with the retailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

Apparently some sort of big PSP game sale starting on PSN

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/03/12/psp-price-drops/#more-59504

As many PSP games can be played on Vita, that sounds good in theory, but the blog suggests prices can be as low as 9.99 which, if that's the starting from price, doesn't sound amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Apparently some sort of big PSP game sale starting on PSN

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/03/12/psp-price-drops/#more-59504

As many PSP games can be played on Vita, that sounds good in theory, but the blog suggests prices can be as low as 9.99 which, if that's the starting from price, doesn't sound amazing.
    It's been on the store since Wednesday, the YS series the only games worth getting from that list

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

ShaneU wrote: »
    It's been on the store since Wednesday, the YS series the only games worth getting from that list

Thanks for the clarification. Can't understand why it's been posted on the PS Blog today as 'news' then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

66 people playing near me :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

anyone know how much xtra vision give to trade in uncharted?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement