Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Swap Shop

• 08-02-2012 10:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭

It was suggested that a 'swap' thread might be useful for those in this sub-forum and it has been cleared by the Mods of the forum.

The only rule is that you cannot ask for payment for items, no sales allowed.
    Swap only and if you find someone being untoward or asking for payment afterwards, please let one of the moderators know.

Anyone posting trying to sell stuff will receive a swift ban.

Happy Swapping! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭fungun

Hi, am always available to swap stuff :)

What I have:

reasonable selection of plants (however just gave a load away so need some growing before Id give some more away)
    cichlids: selection of fry; melanochromatis (see pics in show us yer tank thread), convicts, yellow labs
    Some spare bits and bobs, automatic feeder, meds

Would be interested in any fish or esp nice rocks for cichlid tank

cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

I have a load of guppy fry I would be interested in swapping or giving away and should have some plants to swap in a few weeks when im next due to do a cleanup

currently interested in plants preferably a forground grass like dwarf hair grass for my shrimp tank

I should have some other stuff I'll take a look when I get home this evening and update it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

I have assassin snails if anyone is looking for them. Great for reducing unwanted snail populations. The parents came from Cookie Monsters tank so credit and thanks where it is due.

Also have some community fish without a community. There is a tiger barb, penguin tetra and glowlight danio that could do with some tank mates. Would be happy to swap, whether give or take any of these.

could be interested in the assassin snails - are they a decent size? (tank mate might get at them if they are too small).

Am thinking of getting rid of 2 decent sized angels, suppose about the size of a hobnob...one is white, the other is black and white

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

One giant goldfish. There's pics in the Show Us Yer Tank thread. I don't have room for another one, and I fear he's lonely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭man.about.town

looking for a nice 200l tank? cant think what i have to swap <Mod Snip>

Got some assassin snails off cdb, thanks a mill! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I have a bag of gravel that I'll swap for a bag of sand.

2 angel fish available, any offers listened to.

Really looking for large apple snails if available.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

fungun wrote: »
    2 angel fish available, any offers listened to.

Really looking for large apple snails if available.

Mine are still small :/

The parents are whoppers though so they've good genes. If you're still looking when they grow a bit bigger I'll give you a shout.

• Advertisement

how small is that, Im looking for them to survive with some mid size loaches....so babies might be a bit dodgy, loaches are up to ~3 inches long maybe

thanks; if they are not big enough now, please do get in touch when they grow more :)

They wouldn't fit in a loaches mouth anyway, for sure! They're in with a large goldfish atm and surviving, they're quite fast to close the trapdoor when they're assaulted. Hold on, I'll get a pic now

Q2x5Xl.jpg

czMDgl.jpg

ooooh.

am all excited, they look fabulous! so what would you like in return? and where in dublin are you?

Don't need anything in return, they just need homes! How many were you thinking of?

how many do you have spare? If you had 3-4 spare id take that. My 190 litre community tank would support 2 i think. I have a second 450 litre cichlid tank. Googling gives mixed reaction as to whether they would survive that (my cichlids wouldnt be the most aggressive ones and most sites say the snails learn to shut up shop quickly once they realise what their tankmates are like), my idea would be to maybe try one out there when fully grown.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,143 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

peterk19 wrote: »
    I have a load of guppy fry I would be interested in swapping or giving away and should have some plants to swap in a few weeks when im next due to do a cleanup

currently interested in plants preferably a forground grass like dwarf hair grass for my shrimp tank

I should have some other stuff I'll take a look when I get home this evening and update it
    You still have those guppies? How large are they now? Would like to put them in a community tank with some dwarf gourami, clown loach and a lonely guppy!

Could offer some floating plants in exchange?

thanks Silverfish for the snails :D

They are some nice tanks you have! :pac:

yea still have some theres a mixture of sizes there mostly females as far as i can see you can come and take a bag ill pm you my number

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Soswozere

Looking for a tank with aprox 30 X 15 / 20 footprint, but other variations considered.

Can swap two tanks; one is 23 x 10 x 10 standard shape tank (Aldi brand),
    and other is a 23 x 10 hex front (unknown brand).

Just wanted to thank peterk19 for the guppies publicly, lovely setup and you have me thinking of getting some corys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Peteemax

Looking for a handful of RCS

I have a couple of airpumps and other bits which i could trade.

Will update the post tomorrow with trade items.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭irishjay

im starting on a tank . i need gravel and some live plants if any one can help me out ? greatly appreaited .also a bit of wood or simalar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Where are you jay? I have some bog
    wood you can have.

Sleepy wrote: »
    Just wanted to thank peterk19 for the guppies publicly, lovely setup and you have me thinking of getting some corys!

No problem Sleepy just get a male or 2 in with them and you will be over run with guppies in no time :)

yea the corys are a brilliant fish great addition to any tank, I might have to rehome my pair bronze of corys soon as one of my puffers seem to have taking a disliking to 1 of them for some reason but doesnt seem bothered by julii corys,
    might be a reason to push forward my new tank plans, I got given a large 400litre tank the other day so might set that up for the Fahaka Puffers just need to organise lighting and a cabinet for it

How exactly does one get given a 400l tank!? :o

Let me know if the Cory's need a home, they'd be a nice addition to my community tank. ;)

I wish the 400L tank fairy would visit my house :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Silverfish wrote: »
    I wish the 400L tank fairy would visit my house :(

meh, if your wishing for stuff like that may as well go the whole hog and wish for a 1000L :D

Anything over 100l with a price tag of zero would be amazing tbh!

Ah the tanks nothing flashy and needs lights, hood and cabinet to make it usable it came from someone who was dismantling a fishhouse and could find anyone willing to take it,

Ill let you know tomorrow about the Corys Sleepy I want to see if the puffer has lost interest

• Advertisement

I've four 2kg bags of Mixed Gem gravel for take away, brand new unopened.

wQGGRl.jpg

Looks a bit more clown-puke in real life.

Also a bag of unwashed dorset pea gravel, 3mm.

Advertisement