Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Swap Shop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

Hi all i have 2 T5HO 45watt (895mm) flourescent bulbs +end caps..1 is 'day' light and 1 is 'nature' light free to a good home!

I could put them to good use, unfortunately you're too far. If you're in Dublin soon, I could swap some plants for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭kingerae86

good supply of endlers to swap for driftwood etc....
    what have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

Anyone want to swap some shrimp? I have red cherrys and some rillis and am looking for fresh bloodlines

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭buzz

2 firemouth cichlids and a jewel cichlid good to go to new home.

Looking for some coral frags if anyone has any going?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

I have 4x Siamese Algae Eaters ans a Paradise Fish here. Looking to swap for a handful of snail shells to go in the Troph tank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭donal7

kylith wrote: »
    4 Rummynose tetras. Ideally would like to swap for apple snail.

Hey - I'd buy the 4 Rummynose from you if you were interested in selling them or swap for some bogwood pieces/Java Fern Windelov? I'm looking to add to my group of 10 in my 180.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭fungun

changing things around a little - have one large angel and one large gold gourami available to swap. Open to swaps for most things! - plants/cichlids/community fish/wood etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭ericl

Would anybody be interested in swapping me anything for a 6-7 inch

Mad barb/Cigar shark.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭redzone

Hi,

I new to all this and have just bought a second hand tank, it came with a large fish that I have no need for.

I have forgotten its name (possibly 'Pleseris' or something sounding like that) it is black and about 8-10 inches long and looks like a cross between a shark and a catfish.

I fear that if I add other smaller fish it will bully or eat them.

Free to anyone who would like to have it. Just send me a PM. It's in Newbridge, Kildare.

• Advertisement

redzone wrote: »
    Hi,

I new to all this and have just bought a second hand tank, it came with a large fish that I have no need for.

I have forgotten its name (possibly 'Pleseris' or something sounding like that) it is black and about 8-10 inches long and looks like a cross between a shark and a catfish.

I fear that if I add other smaller fish it will bully or eat them.

Free to anyone who would like to have it. Just send me a PM. It's in Newbridge, Kildare.

Pleco? If so, feel free to add almost any other tropical freshwater fish. These are non aggressive algae eaters and are compatible with mist fish of any size.
    http://www.fishchannel.com/fish-species/freshwater-profiles/plecostomus-or-pleco-2.aspx

Thanks for the reply 7ofBrian.

It's not a Pleco, this fish swims mainly in the mid and top levels, it has a wide head and mouth and its eyes are large and far apart.

I have discovered what my unidentified fish is.

Its an Asian Shark Catfish (Tropical aquarium fishes by Dick Mills- page 234). It says it should be kept in a reasonably large tank with similar sized fish as it will eat anything else it can fit in its mouth.

I want to begin a community tank of smaller varities so this has to go.

FREE to anyone who would have a use for it in their aquarium.

Just send me a PM.

Thanks for reading.

I believe my apple snails have spawned. That or Ive an infestation of small snails all of a sudden with no new things put into the tank.
    So might have some available if people want them in a bit. Once they are large enough so Im sure they are Apple snails :pac:

Gone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Hi folks,

My Mam has to get rid of her big tank and she would like some of her big fish to go to good homes. It's a very established tank and some of these guys are at least five years old. Don't ask me how they managed to get as big as they did, but it is a healthy environment, with plenty of breeding.

What we have:
    2 x Plecos (the "little" one is approximately 14 inches top to tail)
    1 x Black Ghost Knifefish (approximately 12 inches)
    1 x Jack Dempsey
    (Approx)10 x matured Yellow Labs, at least two of the females are holding
    2 x Silver Dollars

Both the Plecos and the Dollars are 5+ years. The Dollars are best pals (no idea of their sex but have never seen them breed) and the Plecos have their own territories and as such are rarely aggressive toward each other. The smaller Labs often enjoy the cover the Plecos provide them with.

I've attached pics of the Knifefish and the little Pleco. Apologies for quality, took them on my phone and had to feed them to get everyone out of their hidey-holes. If you are interested in giving any of these guys a home please let me know. Not looking for anything in return, just the knowledge that they'll be looked after well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Alkers

Where abouts are you located?
    I have two silver Dollars already, I could take your pair also.

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Where abouts are you located?
    I have two silver Dollars already, I could take your pair also.

Oh that would be lovely for them! :D

I'm in D15 area. To warn you though, they are pretty big.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Alkers

My pair are at least 6" long and tall. How much bigger than that are we talking? I finish my finals on Friday so could collect them after that.

Simona1986 wrote: »
    My pair are at least 6" long and tall. How much bigger than that are we talking? I finish my finals on Friday so could collect them after that.

No bigger than that. Sounds great, will PM. :)

• Advertisement

I have my own breeding yellow labs in a 450L cichlid tank so Id be happy & willing to take in some fresh blood!

If you were stuck & really wanted to get rid of them I could maybe take a pleco but i have big one already in my cichlid tank and not sure whether a second would be a good idea. I also have a 190L tank which could maybe take a small pleco but might be too small a tank for the size of yours

Thanks Jaxxy; fish collected. The tank was lovely, seems a shame in some ways to be dismantling, though I understand why!!

fungun wrote: »
    Thanks Jaxxy; fish collected. The tank was lovely, seems a shame in some ways to be dismantling, though I understand why!!

Very welcome fungun, thanks so much for coming out. And keep me updated! :)

For some reason I can't edit my original post, but all fish are now gone. Thanks guys for coming out, I hope the transition went well for everyone. Sorry I didn't get to meet you myself but my Mam is very happy.

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭eg6 vtec

Hi all

I need to re home some of my fish as they will not be suited to the African tank I am putting together, I have 3 of these lads I was told they where paradise fish but they look like blue dwarf gourmais to me here is a pic of one

61b3a9fe-46ba-40cf-adbd-25f8371251e0_zps11ff696c.jpg

I also have 5 red guppies to go as well, all are free to a good home, I had them homed with in a friends tank but they did not get on with his fish and we lost a few of them and he lost 1 so i had to take them back, they are in my tank at the moment with 3 African cichlids so they need to go ASAP, I am in the tallaght area if you are interested just send me a pm

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'd love to take those off you, could come out this evening or any time tomorrow that suits?

This evening would be great I'd like to get them out before tey get to stressed out pm coming your way now

eg6 vtec wrote: »
    Hi all

I need to re home some of my fish as they will not be suited to the African tank I am putting together, I have 3 of these lads I was told they where paradise fish but they look like blue dwarf gourmais to me here is a pic of one

I also have 5 red guppies to go as well, all are free to a good home, I had them homed with in a friends tank but they did not get on with his fish and we lost a few of them and he lost 1 so i had to take them back, they are in my tank at the moment with 3 African cichlids so they need to go ASAP, I am in the tallaght area if you are interested just send me a pm

Danny

these are gone to their new home, big thank you to sleepy :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Cheers eg6_vtec, they're settling in well though I think the bullied Gourami may have been a little further stressed by the move. Have him in a breeder box to give him some peace and hoping for the best.

• Advertisement

with a bit of lick he will be ok, thanks again

Advertisement