Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Posy wrote: »
    Oh no, but Pancake is such a beeoootiful name!! :(

I know but it's not pancake Tuesday anymore :(

Do you like Ash or Wednesday?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Baby Panache? A mix of the two, plus it's French.. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Was this UCD fashion show by any chance? I've seen sooo many updates about it over the past few days!

Yep indeedy, sorry if I've been going on about it, I was just excited :o

Links and Jemmy, I hope ye feel better today :)
    Going to see the bf today after 3 weeks :) I know it's not half as long as some ladies here have to wait between seeing their guys (I don't know how you do it!), but I miss him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

help!!!

how do you get wine/mi wadi blackcurrant stains out of a suede couch??!!! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

EmilyO wrote: »
    Yep indeedy, sorry if I've been going on about it, I was just excited :o

Oh! I meant status updates on FB. A few of my friends are in it. I wonder if you know anyone I know! :D

• Advertisement

Oh! I meant status updates on FB. A few of my friends are in it. I wonder if you know anyone I know! :D

Ah okay! Well I don't actually know any of the models, I was just going to see the lovely clothes, of which there were many...screw this recession thing :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Mr. Muffin and I have finally booked our hotel in London :D Whoop!

Looks like I'm going to be wearing jeans and a top for my 21st this Saturday :( *sigh* A lovely Boardsie sent me some zips, but they don't match my dress colour and would stand out a mile.

Going to have another look in town for zips, doubt I'll find anything though :(

Made Lemon and Vanilla buns last night :D Might make some Pancakes now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

A lovely Boardsie sent me some zips, but they don't match my dress colour and would stand out a mile.

Boo-urns!

Spent the evening blubbing my eyes out about STBEH and have eyes like two p*ssholes in the snow today as a result. I look like Admiral Ackbar from Star Wars :mad:

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Boo-urns!

Spent the evening blubbing my eyes out about STBEH and have eyes like two p*ssholes in the snow today as a result. I look like Admiral Ackbar from Star Wars :mad:

And pink eye? You sound soooo hot right now :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

My pink eye is gone now yipeee! I can now return to civilization.

• Advertisement

My pink eye is gone now yipeee! I can now return to civilization.

Aaaaah it was you with pink eye, thought it was Honey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

pampootie wrote: »
    Just over a pound no? I thought a pound was 454g?

Think I was thinking of ml to liters as I was making up the pancake batter at the time. Or as this morning has shown I've lost the abilty to convert any measurments. Just spent the last half hour trying to calculate the material needed for something. Completely mixed imperial with metric without realising. Thought my brain was going to oozing out my ears.

Need coffee.

I'm also dying of a hangover. I'm going to end up in rehab by the time I'm over all this.

I'm making buttermilk fried chicken with spicy mac & cheese for dinner tonight, and I would actually step over my own granny to have a plate of it in front of me right now.

If I had a granny, that is.

I hope you feel better soon Honey-ec, I can only imagine how tough it must be right now. *hugs*

Just opened the fridge to get eggs and milk to make pancakes and I see my mother has two large jugs of pancake mix already made. Awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

Baby Pancake to be 9lbs 2ozs!

Hi all. Trying to keep the chin up but it's pretty hard at times! Nothing else I can do really!
    Thanks for all your kind words - you're a great group of people :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Posy: 8lb 2oz
    Lucyfur: 7lb 8oz
    ellieh: 7lb 7.5oz
    Jane LS 88: 7lb 5oz
    Kiera: 7lb 4oz
    Ophiopogon: 6lb 6oz
    jujibee: 9lb
    Das Kitty: 8lb 9oz
    Dolorous: 8lb 7oz
    Acoshla: 7lb 8oz
    bubblefett: 8lb 6oz
    rainshowers82: 8lb 5oz
    Neyite: 8lb
    Novella: 8lb 11oz
    tomissex: 8lb 7oz
    Lola92: 7lb 14oz
    lilmissprincess: 7lb 6oz
    Mars Bar: 7lb 9oz
    pampootie: 8lb 4oz
    bluewolf: 7lb
    psycho-hope: 6lb 8oz
    EmilyO: 7lbs 7oz
    Lia_Lia: 6lb 13 oz
    Foux DaFaFa: 8lb 10oz
    Mollikins: 7lb 1oz
    Stench Blossoms: 9lb 9oz
    SarahBeep!: 8lb 12oz

Posy: 8lb 2oz
    Lucyfur: 7lb 8oz
    ellieh: 7lb 7.5oz
    Jane LS 88: 7lb 5oz
    Kiera: 7lb 4oz
    Ophiopogon: 6lb 6oz
    jujibee: 9lb
    Das Kitty: 8lb 9oz
    Dolorous: 8lb 7oz
    Acoshla: 7lb 8oz
    bubblefett: 8lb 6oz
    rainshowers82: 8lb 5oz
    Neyite: 8lb
    Novella: 8lb 11oz
    tomissex: 8lb 7oz
    Lola92: 7lb 14oz
    lilmissprincess: 7lb 6oz
    Mars Bar: 7lb 9oz
    pampootie: 8lb 4oz
    bluewolf: 7lb
    psycho-hope: 6lb 8oz
    EmilyO: 7lbs 7oz
    Lia_Lia: 6lb 13 oz
    Foux DaFaFa: 8lb 10oz
    Mollikins: 7lb 1oz
    Stench Blossoms: 9lb 9oz
    SarahBeep!: 8lb 12oz
    The Lovely Muffin: 7lb 5oz

Just saw a rather fitting joke on facebook

An Englishman, a Welshman and an Irishman are sitting in a bar when the conversation runs dry. To get it going again, the Englishman says "I was born on 23rd April which is St.George's Day, so my parents called me George"
    The Welshman replies "I was born on St. David's Day, so my parents named me David"
    Noticing the Irishman was rather quiet, the Englishman asks "And when were you born, Pancake?"

:p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Boo-urns!

God I hate that feeling. And the way they're all scratchy and gooey as well. Your descriptions are spot on!

Sorry you're going through this sh1tty time.

67% in my Lit assignment. Meh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Painted daughters bedroom yesterday, cleared out her room, in agony today... Her new beds arriving soon, dont want to fit it together, hope the nice delivery men do it....

Oh and Ive lost 17 pounds since the week before Xmas, still a size 14 though :( My clothes are falling off me but not enough to wear a size 12. Im now in the normal weight threshold (BMI) , i havent been a size 12 since my son was born 5 years ago so im keeping up with my diet until then. I'm also signing up for the flora mini marathon later today...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Is it the weekend yet? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13 CarrieCupcake

Had a rubbish start to the day, then had to turn down an appointment I've been waiting to get for almost 8 weeks because they gave such short notice and to top it off I spilt tea on my freshly washed clothes and bed sheet :(
    At this point I don't know whether to laugh or cry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Acoshla wrote: »
    Is it the weekend yet? :(

I wish. It is not even Thursday yet :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Heading off to London for the weekend to see my best friend on Friday morning. 6.30am flight, so I will be on the bus to the airport at 2.30am. I don't even care about that.:p

I just can't wait to see her and go sailing for the weekend :D

Oh happy days :)

Heading off to London for the weekend to see my best friend on Friday morning. 6.30am flight, so I will be on the bus to the airport at 2.30am. I don't even care about that.:p

That's the time we have to leave home for almost ALL flights, I have seen the shops in Dublin airport open ONCE in the last 5 years! Enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Had a rubbish start to the day, then had to turn down an appointment I've been waiting to get for almost 8 weeks because they gave such short notice and to top it off I spilt tea on my freshly washed clothes and bed sheet :(

Hopefully the appointment can be rearranged.

As for the spilled tea, you're in good company here. The Ladies' Lounge goes through phases of clumsiness... :o

Laugh hysterically is your best bet :)

Screw it, I'm buying myself some new books at lunchtime to cheer myself up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 CarrieCupcake

Acoshla - Well they do say laughter is the best medicine :)

WesternNight - Yes, and the fact that they called means I'm prob at the top of the waiting list. I'm quite clumsy at the best of times so I guess I'll fit right in ;)

Laundy is back in the wash and the kettle is on for another cup of tea, with any luck I'll actually get to drink this one!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement