Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Anyone else keeping up with the kleptomanic storyline in Fair City? Some fine screen-writing there. :P I wasn't sure where they had intended to bring that story line but that wasn't it anyway.

Who's gone klepto?! I always miss it now and it's not online :(
    mcw92 wrote: »
    Im just about to watch The Guard.

Good Choice!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Excedion

Just started watching season 2 of The Walking Dead. Although its really good the story really isnt getting anywhere fast this season :/. Also going to start watching game of thrones now though I might wait till after I read the books.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

I've watched all the episodes of The IT Crowd now.. wish there were more :( Does anybody know if there will be a fifth season? Mixed results on google although its not looking very likely. What a great show though, would love to go drinking with Chris O Dowd. I'd say he'd be some craic! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Cawcheen wrote: »
    I've watched all the episodes of The IT Crowd now.. wish there were more :( Does anybody know if there will be a fifth season? Mixed results on google although its not looking very likely. What a great show though, would love to go drinking with Chris O Dowd. I'd say he'd be some craic! :pac:

Watch Bridesmaids, he's great in it! :D

Going to see The Iron Lady tonight! Will let ye know what I think of it.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Grindylow wrote: »
    Watch Bridesmaids, he's great in it! :D

Going to see The Iron Lady tonight! Will let ye know what I think of it.. :P

I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally wanna see that!

• Advertisement

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally wanna see that!

It was very good. :) Showed a side to the woman that you wouldn't expect at all. Really touching story and ending too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I just finished watching captain America, that was pretty awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Graham Linehan confirmed no 5th season a little while ago. Give Darkplace a try :-D
    And bridesmaids is cack

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Why am I watching "American Pie: The Wedding" AGAIN?! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Who's gone klepto?! I always miss it now and it's not online :(
    Orla, before being joined by Caoimhe Dillon

Also, lol at RTE character graveyard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Free trial of netflix on PS3 :cool: Gonna watch weeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Watched in bruge last night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Masterchef is back.
    Sucsess!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

One Tree Hill is back! :)

One Tree Hill is back! :)

Loving the 2 eps so far! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Looking for a decent film that's light-hearted and funny, any suggestions? I've realised the only comedies I have are all dark humoured.

Looking for a decent film that's light-hearted and funny, any suggestions? I've realised the only comedies I have are all dark humoured.

Crazy, Stupid, Love (don't be deceived by the love in the title.. it is not a romcom!). It's funnily easy-going though!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jorges

Million Dollar Baby on RTE now.. looks really good. :)

Edit: Loved it, thought it was such a good film. I did well up at the end though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Spinal Tap tbh

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Finally saw "The Guard" tonight! :D

I love how Brendan Gleeson has kicked ass in two films written and directed by brothers. That's impressively cool.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

The 2006 Australian version of Macbeth in school..
    For anyone that loves guns/killing and lots and lots of exposed boobs. This film is defo for you..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

deise_girl wrote: »
    For anyone that loves guns/killing and lots and lots of exposed boobs. This film is defo for you..

Tasteful boobs and killing?
    Because 2000 Romeo and Juliet was ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

I've been watching a whole lot of Sherlock (the recent contemporary-set BBC mini-movie mini-series, that is!), and it's amazing! The writing's clockwork tight and filled with a love for the original stories, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are both terrific actors who have such great chemistry together, and their unlikely friendship is so convincing and enthralling, the production and photography are sublimely stylish and swishy, and its incarnation of Moriarty is far more exciting than the usual dry, boring renditions you find in SH adaptations. It's probably the best non-comedy TV show I've watched... and it manages to be way funnier than a lot of supposed comedies I've seen, too! Definitely give it a shot if you get the chance.

I also saw War Horse, which I thought was great! A fantastic anti-war movie, and probably one of Spielberg's best efforts ever. Cumberbatch is in it for a bit, so I couldn't help but see him as Sherlock with a silly moustache... which was made especially difficult during one shot where they had him - fairly deliberately - holding up a magnifying glass. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

deise_girl wrote: »
    Rupert Goold's 2010 version is pretty cool. And its witches are f*cking freaky! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Rupert Goold's 2010 version is pretty cool. And its witches are f*cking freaky! :D

We watched that one too :pac:

And some chef one with James Mcavoy..

Just home from seeing Haywire.

That film is dire.Its boring,bland and the story behind it is confusing till the end and even when you find out all the details its still not any use.

AVOID!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Ambush Rebel 2010

Just home from seeing Haywire.

That film is dire.Its boring,bland and the story behind it is confusing till the end and even when you find out all the details its still not any use.

AVOID!

Have to agree it was absolutely terrible.. there was no flow.. like an action movie in slow motion!

And all the action and fight scenes had quite slow jazz/piano music!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Awww no I was really looking forward to Haywire! Did you two enjoy the Bourne movies??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

The first episode of Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy was quite bad, can't say I didn't kind of expect it when I heard Julian Barratt wasn't involved.

Advertisement