Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Official Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Rachel_Ann

deconduo wrote: »
    The first Boards.ie hardcore server:

Crushing your enemies, driving them before you, and hearing the lamentation of their women is on.

And what about the lamentation of their husband(s)? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,519 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Rachel_Ann wrote: »
    And what about the lamentation of their husband(s)? :rolleyes:

No wimminz on teh minecraftez sure

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Rachel_Ann

Blay wrote: »
    No wimminz on teh minecraftez sure

Dammit Blax! I exist!

*swings foot in the direction of Blax's 'coin purse'* :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,519 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Dammit Blax! I exist!

*Kitchen door is closed and Rachel hurts her foot on it*

:pac:

Trollolol

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Nice knowing you Blay, good luck naow... :pac:

• Advertisement

Both servers are still down!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

Dammit Blax! I exist!

Ohhhh so that is who Blay is :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Solitaire wrote: »
    Both servers are still down!

Both up again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭VenomousFish

I'm a bit of a newcomer to Minecraft, and at the risk of sounding like I don't know anything about it; What is mushroom spam? What are dirt/cobblestone pillars?(I know what a pillar is, but why would you ban it?) What is griefing? how is babby formed? What are floating trees?

Dirt/Cobble stone pillars just look ugly. People have habit of building a 1x1 pillar from them, then not removing it.
    Griefing is when you intentionally ruin people's creations by breaking them or burning etc. Accidental things like having a creeper blow it up is ok, but do fix it.
    Floating trees are when people only cut the bottom part of the tree as they are too lazy to finish the rest as they can't reach it without placing a block underneath. This takes up room and looks ugly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

I'm a bit of a newcomer to Minecraft, and at the risk of sounding like I don't know anything about it; What is mushroom spam? What are dirt/cobblestone pillars?(I know what a pillar is, but why would you ban it?) What is griefing? how is babby formed? What are floating trees?

Dirt and cobble pillars seem to be a favourite for some people who unfortunately do not have the capability of remembering where their house is. They build them high into the sky with torches located at the top to make it easy for them to find their home. They are an eye sore and the landscape and are not necessary.
    Floating trees are produced when an individual is too lazy to cut down an entire tree. Someone might go to a tree and only take the first 3 blocks of the trunk and thus leave the top of the tree floating. It is annoying when you go to look for some wood and all that lies around your house is a bunch of floating trees.
    Griefing is when you destroy something that doesn't belong to you. eg. you break the windows on another users house, you trample on someones crops and don't fix them, you burn someone's house down. ect ... You get the idea?
    As for babby and mushroom spam? You will have to let dec explain that. I'm not entirely sure.

Please be aware that if you fail to comply with the rules posted in the first post you will be dealt with in the following manner, depending on the seriousness of the rule break, Warning...Temp ban... perma ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭VenomousFish

Thanks for your help, guys.
    gavmcg92 wrote: »
    As for babby and mushroom spam? You will have to let dec explain that. I'm not entirely sure.

The "babby" thing was a joke, referencing this. It's a dated joke, I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

• Registered Users Posts: 41 minecrafter1

are we never getting are old server back?

are we never getting are old server back?

The old server will be available when there is a stable version of Bukkit for 1.1

Will probably be another week.

1772 seems decent enough (not doing anything crazy on my server), not sure when the 1.1 SB will be released :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Is the sticky keys bug patched or is it still unplayable for me. I kinda miss Mine n' Co

Not sure anyone else does though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭bouncybul

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17 lomix

Hello dear players, Is there still any slots left for new people ? If so I'd love to join your server. Thank you. Also I'd like to include that I play Minecraft since Alpha and had'nt been banned / kicked at all since then, so there will be no trouble from me xD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

You need to post your mc name.

Also, stopped the hardcore server due to it being unused.

In other words, more memory for temp creative.

In other other words, bigger explosions.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

We had a hardcore server?

nimrod86 wrote: »
    We had a hardcore server?

yeah read decs post page 33 or something

lomix wrote: »
    Also I'd like to include that I play Minecraft since Alpha and had'nt been banned / kicked at all since then, so there will be no trouble from me xD

Sounds suspicious!

Never anyone on there for me to kill :rolleyes:

any1 have a rough guess when bukkit 1.1 will b stable

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Old server is back up on a test version of bukkit. If its too unstable we'll take it down again, but hopefully it will be ok.

Nice to see the old server back up and running...

Dec so you know, I'm not GavMcG :)

• Advertisement

Xenon560 wrote: »
    Dec so you know, I'm not GavMcG :)

:confused: I don't get it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement