Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Official Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

so will the server be new

I don't understand what you mean... Do you mean after the update? The server will not be reset after the update

Care to rephrase your question? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

so will the server be new

If you mean after the update, then no it won't be a new map.
    If that's what you are asking :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭denballs

is this legha....have minecraft creaters...OK,d it?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

i was mining and had collected quite a bit and then turned a corner on my way abck and boom, a creeper, dead. when i went back all my stuff was gone? now i did die before i made it back there but would this have any effect on it being gone?

denballs wrote: »
    is this legha....have minecraft creaters...OK,d it?

Ok... what???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,519 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

If a temporary server is going to be run we should try the new updates' 'superflat' option..would be some challenge...no trees or minerals anywhere:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

i was mining and had collected quite a bit and then turned a corner on my way abck and boom, a creeper, dead. when i went back all my stuff was gone? now i did die before i made it back there but would this have any effect on it being gone?
    Items dissapear after 5 minutes, so if you took longer than that the items wouldn't exist anymore.

However, when you die in multiplayer and drop items, you cannot see those items. Doesn't matter if you log out and back in or even close the client, no idea why it's just very strange.
    You can still pick them up however, it'll just be harder because you can't see where exactly they are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭denballs

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Ok... what???

pardon my drunken typing....erm....i meant are you allowed to make your own minecraft server or are boards infringing upon copyrighted content?

pardon my drunken typing....erm....i meant are you allowed to make your own minecraft server or are boards infringing upon copyrighted content?
    If I'm reading this correctly, then no, there's nothing illegal in setting up a minecraft server. Literally anyone can do it.

Infringing on copyright? No for short. Minecraft enables you to host multiplayer servers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

*throws duvet over face*
    *chuckles*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Items dissapear after 5 minutes, so if you took longer than that the items wouldn't exist anymore.

However, when you die in multiplayer and drop items, you cannot see those items. Doesn't matter if you log out and back in or even close the client, no idea why it's just very strange.
    You can still pick them up however, it'll just be harder because you can't see where exactly they are.

I can see items i drop when i die just fine >_>

I can see items i drop when i die just fine >_>
    Witchcraft! Banned!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 minecrafter1

Xenon560 wrote: »
    If you mean after the update, then no it won't be a new map.
    If that's what you are asking :)

yeah

thanks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

That seems to be a 1.0 bug - sometimes after dying your items appear to drop down into the block underneath them, making it look like they had vanished.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

oh no, after 5 mins, not happy, i lost gold and diamond. better get back to mining i suppose.need to get myself some armour

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭bouncybul

Can I ask when was it I was going to be unbanned, Sorry I forgot I got to interested in the technic mod pack

Your ban ended yesterday, unbanning now.

Also, who wants to run around on a 1.1 vanilla server? Literally do whatever you guys want to, so essentially* there will be no rules for a little bit until we get a good version of bukkit for 1.1.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Your ban ended yesterday, unbanning now.

Also, who wants to run around on a 1.1 vanilla server? Literally do whatever you guys want to, so essentially* there will be no rules for a little bit until we get a good version of bukkit for 1.1.

Ooh we should make a temporary 1.1 Hardcore server. Permban on death :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,519 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

*Cough* Creative for all *Cough*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭bouncybul

Thanks bland

I'm certainly up for it! :)

What is this? Where is the creative fun server? I'm free now god damn it why is there no ip??? *crise into slippers*

Oh, you're waiting for us to slap on a world to mess with?

...Might be a few days guys!

Really??
    I mean...REALLY?
    I could set up one in ten minutes... you lazy man :P I mean woman...I mean...
    :3 Meaow

deconduo wrote: »
    Ooh we should make a temporary 1.1 Hardcore server. Permban on death :D

Hahah last man standing!

See!! Gav is awake...and so it mister 'taire...this is just a disgrace...I came here expecting 1.0.*insert correct updated number here I'm far too lazy to google* server fun...Bland you basket

1.1? :p

laura-can wrote: »
    See!! Gav is awake...and so it mister 'taire...this is just a disgrace...I came here expecting 1.0.*insert correct updated number here I'm far too lazy to google* server fun...Bland you basket

If you can do it in 10 minutes then why don't I see Tal's server on 1.1 ... huh?

*logs off and goes to bed before laura has a chance to argue*

:o

• Advertisement

COWARD!! :p

*runs off too* :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement