Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naturism - For and against!

Options
  • 05-01-2012 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hello,

I think of naturism and being naked on the beach as completely normal and not a bit pervy or disgusting. I have never met anyone who will out and out say being naked in an appropriate setting such as a secluded beach or designated area is wrong so why is it illegal?

Is there anyone out there against it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

In Ireland, are you ****ing joking with our weather?:pac:
    It would be all blue nipples and shrivelled dicks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

In theory, naturism is great, but in practice most people wait until they turn from good looking young people with great physiques into fat, ugly men with tiny cocks & wrinkly old women with saggy tits before they decide that naturism is a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Hello,

I think of naturism and being naked on the beach as completely normal and not a bit pervy or disgusting. I have never met anyone who will out and out say being naked in an appropriate setting such as a secluded beach or designated area is wrong so why is it illegal?

You want to run around in this misery in the nip, far be it from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

the children. someone needs to think of them

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭SuperCereal

NO Joke sir,

There's lotsa unofficial spots around the coast but legally its still not allowed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭A0

Hello,

Nope, love it!
    But not in Ireland (weather) and also because the country is not ready for it, people get arrested when they kiss in the streets :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

For: Bewbs

Against: Dicks

galwayrush wrote: »

Ill take the perky nipples/tits and try to ignore the dicks, which given they will be shrivelled will be much easier!

*approved*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

In theory, naturism is great, but in practice most people wait until they turn from good looking young people with great physiques into fat, ugly men with tiny cocks & wrinkly old women with saggy tits before they decide that naturism is a good idea.

yeah i'll definitely wait till i'm old and saggy to get naked in public. see when you get to that age you wanna freak out as many people as possible, as that's the only way to have fun.
    Saila wrote: »
    the children. someone needs to think of them

naked children!?111111! :eek: how dare you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

For: I don't really give a **** about people getting their kit off in public. Not everywhere though; give them designated areas, I don't want to look at old men wearing nothing save for a pair of socks and sandals.

Against: "Naturism" is a retarded euphemism as it has absolutely nothing to do with nature.

• Advertisement

Pace2008 wrote: »
    For: I don't really give a **** about people getting their kit off in public. Not everywhere though; give them designated areas, I don't want to look at old men wearing nothing save for a pair of socks and sandals.

Against: "Naturism" is a retarded euphemism as it has absolutely nothing to do with nature.

and only if they segragate the ugly people from the attractive ones

we can use age guidelines 40+*. and the rest of us :cool:

*as we all know age is independant of good looks alot of the time, so there will be exceptions, people under 40 on the 40+ beach and vice versa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

Naturism Good Idea: Hot people
    Naturism Bad Idea: Not so hot people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Jess16 wrote: »
    Naturism Good Idea: Hot people
    Naturism Bad Idea: Not so hot people

Plus one my friend, plus one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Hello,

Bad Boy, Dirty Boy in your BED!

Harry Hill :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,257 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

galwayrush wrote: »

Whereas a pair of patterened shorts provide massive thermal protection...?

Seriously, I've always wondered why some people feel so threatened about nudity. Either seeing it or being seen.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Against!

Sure wouldn't be able to have any biscuits without the crumbs getting in the most unspeakable of places.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Im against it for the simple fact the it would be over run by fella's it would turn into a gayman's paradise .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

I really don't think it is illegal in Ireland OP. Are you sure it is?

I think being naked in the great outdoors is only illegal if you're doing something lewd, offensive, threatening, etc.

Maybe someone with knowledge of the law can enlighten us.

Swam, sunbathed in the nip in Croatia previously - seemed to be the done thing in the particular spot we were. They had the weather for it too. Feels slightly akward for about 5 seconds then tis grand.

On the flip side (and this isn't naturism, just nakedness in public) - was walking with a friend of mine along a river footpath in England on a lovely summer's afternoon and i turn a corner to see a couple doing it doggy style on a picnic blanket. He skinny and long-haired, she a much larger lady. They saw me and awkwardly stopped/tried to cover up. I walked on like I hadn't noticed. Then had to convince my friend they were actually doing it (as she was a second or two behind me). Thought it was hilarious is one way but this was a busy, sunday afternoon - I could easily have been a 7 year old child coming round the corner. FFS.

Naturism - fine
    Discreet outdoor nookie - fine
    Doing it doggie-style in a very public place - NO. Stop it!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

I'm against it. Right up against it.

Vigorously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Whereas a pair of patterened shorts provide massive thermal protection...?
    The point wasn't that the shorts would keep you warm, it was that one's penis would tend to be at about a third its normal size in typical Irish weather, and thus best left covered.
    Seriously, I've always wondered why some people feel so threatened about nudity. Either seeing it or being seen.
    I'm sure it's an inherent sense of shame shared by the Irish; a vestige of our repressive Catholic past. That's the answer you want, isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

The point wasn't that the shorts would keep you warm, it was that one's penis would tend to be at about a third its normal size in typical Irish weather

Eh, 33% its normal size? Really, now?

Wow, I'm going to be hu-ung next Summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Designated beaches for naked folks.

Why not?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Ireland is the only country in Europe that doesn't have a legally designated naturist beach. Therefore, naturism in public is not legal but in typical Irish style it is toilerated. The law needs to change in this respect.

The excuse of the weather is always trotted out and it doesn't hold when you consider that Canada, Russia, Finland, Sweden and Denmark all have naturist beaches and are located further north than Ireland.

Live and let live.

The point wasn't that the shorts would keep you warm, it was that one's penis would tend to be at about a third its normal size in typical Irish weather, and thus best left covered.

I'm sure it's an inherent sense of shame shared by the Irish; a vestige of our repressive Catholic past. That's the answer you want, isn't it?

1 - Dunno. I've never measured it. Would explain why the women like foreigners though!! :D

2 - Not really. I mean, do people still feel a sense of shame? If not then what is it?

And the UK are just as prudish and they dont have a repressive Catholic past.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Didn't realise your cock shrinks as you get older.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

When did nudest become naturist? I don't see how the word nature can be used to mean flapping your tackle in peoples faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

I have to say that in Ireland (yes, I generalize), it seems to take this length of time for people to loosen up (forgive the pun), grow a pair (forgive the pun) and try things they probably always wanted to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭Black Leather

I am all for naturism and practice it as often as possible, here in Ireland and abroad. There is nothing more natural and sensual than to be without clothing and enjoying the great outdoors. In the future, I plan to visit a naturist resort either in France or Spain where I can experience the naturist lifestyle, which will allow me to be naked 24/7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    I've always wondered why some people feel so threatened about nudity. Either seeing it or being seen.
    I wouldn't feel threatened, just self conscious, nothing more. Doesn't mean I'm wrong, nor that nudists are wrong.

• Advertisement

Dudess wrote: »
    I wouldn't feel threatened, just self conscious, nothing more. Doesn't mean I'm wrong, nor that nudists are wrong.

Fair enough, but others do! Would you go naked on a beach if no one else was around?

Advertisement