Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Colm! wrote: »
    He's one of them! Quickly, get into my van! <_<

Noo get in my van

tumblr_leu1pgUxk31qf3yk5o1_400.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

That wind is mighty fierce :D And I'm off work today, so good times are a rolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

The most horrible thing happened to me this evening when I was driving home. Some asshole drove right up behind me, turned on his full headlights and started flashing them erratically at me while sounding his horn continuously.

It was so intimidating, I got really panicked because I couldn't pull in anywhere for ages. When I did get to pull in, he put the foot down and flew off past me. I sat in my car in the dark and bawled my eyes out for 10 minutes before I could drive again. I was so freaked out I couldn't stop shaking.

Some people are just scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

_meehan_ wrote: »
    The most horrible thing happened to me this evening when I was driving home. Some asshole drove right up behind me, turned on his full headlights and started flashing them erratically at me while sounding his horn continuously.

It was so intimidating, I got really panicked because I couldn't pull in anywhere for ages. When I did get to pull in, he put the foot down and flew off past me. I sat in my car in the dark and bawled my eyes out for 10 minutes before I could drive again. I was so freaked out I couldn't stop shaking.

Maybe he was trying to warn you about the murderer in your back seat! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

:( Really feel for you, there's nothing worse than it. Pricks.

Do you have 'L' plates up? I used to cry and freak out but now I'm like fuck that everyone has to learn sometime. Everyone keeps telling me to take down my L's because it's like bait to as5holes but you shouldn't have to, they're there to tell people to be a bit more patient with you.

*virtual hugs*

• Advertisement

:( Really feel for you, there's nothing worse than it. Pricks.

Do you have 'L' plates up? I used to cry and freak out but now I'm like fuck that everyone has to learn sometime. Everyone keeps telling me to take down my L's because it's like bait to as5holes but you shouldn't have to, they're there to tell people to be a bit more patient with you.

*virtual hugs*

Thanks!!

Nope I passed my test at the beginning of November! But it was the malice in what he was doing, he was deliberately trying to intimidate me...imagine if I had crashed or something...I was half blinded by his headlights like:( And I'm not a slow driver or anything...

You're right about everyone having to learn at some stage! Some people forget that they weren't all so experienced at one point or another. Taking down your L's is a terrible idea, if you're caught by the guards, you can get in serious trouble!

Thanks!!

Nope I passed my test at the beginning of November! But it was the malice in what he was doing, he was deliberately trying to intimidate me...imagine if I had crashed or something...I was half blinded by his headlights like:( And I'm not a slow driver or anything...

You're right about everyone having to learn at some stage! Some people forget that they weren't all so experienced at one point or another. Taking down your L's is a terrible idea, if you're caught by the guards, you can get in serious trouble!

Oooh congrats, mine's in 3 weeks, brickin it :o Yeah I get it all the time I dunno what's wrong with some people. Hopefully someday he'll do it to an off duty garda or something. What a fool.

Yeah I got stopped by them a few weeks ago when they were doing random stops and I'd no accompanied driver and they let me off but said if I hadn't my L's up I'd have had a 2 grand fine in the post so it's good to air on the side of caution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

Thanks!!

I know boards dont condone it but i would have switched on the Fog light and blinded the fudge out of him/her i cant be sexist. Also never forget about the anti-dazzler mirror. if you have to smack it out of the way. Never give into them. thats all they want. Just carry on like they were never there i know its impossible when they a blarin behind you. but switch up the radio and carry on. I know its not easy to do. but by fook if i was driving. I would have just slammed on the breaks. fook the outcome. by law there tail gating . a rabbit ran out in front of the car. I had to brake your honour.. If the person behind me was not up my backside. they could have avoided this problem.

Lastly as my dad has thought me. always take down the number plate. Even partial if possible. i would advise you to go to www.ebay.ie(or any other site you wish) and by two small camera's get someone to fit them for you.

This has really annoyed me cause it happened to me once. but someone else was driving. What made it worse is i knew the people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Ah you poor thing :( There are a lot of idiots on the road. On one of my first drives alone after passing the test, this guy was stuck up right behind me even though I was at the speed limit. Eventually he overtook me and flew over the next hill. When I got to the top of it, there he was on the side of the road, pulled over at a garda checkpoint :D Hope the same happens to your idiot ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Just started an essay that aint due in till the 11th.I know it aint much in advance but its better than my usual last minute efforts.Plus its on wrestling fandom so its not too bad to write.At least its in english my last two assignments were in fecking gaeilge.

• Advertisement

I know boards dont condone it but i would have switched on the Fog light and blinded the fudge out of him/her i cant be sexist. Also never forget about the anti-dazzler mirror. if you have to smack it out of the way. Never give into them. thats all they want. Just carry on like they were never there i know its impossible when they a blarin behind you. but switch up the radio and carry on. I know its not easy to do. but by fook if i was driving. I would have just slammed on the breaks. fook the outcome. by law there tail gating . a rabbit ran out in front of the car. I had to brake your honour.. If the person behind me was not up my backside. they could have avoided this problem.

Lastly as my dad has thought me. always take down the number plate. Even partial if possible. i would advise you to go to www.ebay.ie(or any other site you wish) and by two small camera's get someone to fit them for you.

This has really annoyed me cause it happened to me once. but someone else was driving. What made it worse is i knew the people.

I just couldn't keep a cool head unfortunately! I decided it was too dangerous for me to drive in hysterics, and I was afraid the other driver might attempt something dangerous further on amidst the band bends. If it ever happens again, hopefully I won't lose it so much and actually be able to get a look at the reg plate! I know the make and model of the car, and when I was describing it to my mum, she reckoned she might know it as it stands out a bit..and cos she was witness to the same description of car doing something idiotic.

The cameras are a good idea tbh! Not enough of these people are reported, and they're genuine threats to everyone's safety!

And QoL, glad to see your idiot got what he deserved!:p

TheRealSquishy, good luck in your driving test, you'll be grand!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I would have just slammed on the breaks. fook the outcome. by law there tail gating . a rabbit ran out in front of the car. I had to brake your honour.. If the person behind me was not up my backside. they could have avoided this problem.

Do NOT do this, it is extremely dangerous. While technically the tailgater would be at fault, as a driver you are trying to avoid an incident! There's no point getting rear-ended by a tailgater, possibly injured, possibly damaging the car, just to get one up on him/her.

Meehan, it sounds like you did the right thing. If you are being tailgated, just maintain your speed, or possibly slow down very slightly if you feel it would be unsafe to continue at that speed - do not speed up to allow for the tailgater - if you speed up, they will maintain the same distance behind you which becomes increasingly more dangerous the faster you go (less time to react).

If you find somewhere safe to pull over (sometimes you can pull over without stopping) let them past. Not that rewarding their tailgating is a good thing, but I know I'd rather have a driver like that ahead of me and pulling off into the distance, than behind me where they could possibly hit me. Forget about fog lights / brake-testing, leave the policing of the roads to the gardaí. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Pfft, you'd swear this guy was the moderator of learning how to drive or something! :rolleyes: :pac:

Do NOT do this, it is extremely dangerous. While technically the tailgater would be at fault, as a driver you are trying to avoid an incident! There's no point getting rear-ended by a tailgater, possibly injured, possibly damaging the car, just to get one up on him/her.

Meh. I've been in enough accidents in my life. i skidded into a wall at home and i loved it. I know i know im not fooking normal. If it means i get one up on them i'd be a glad fauker. course i wouldn't do it if i have an expensive car. specially an audi. but if i had a low priced car i didnt really care about id do it. Im scared already, im not bothered. dont think im going to stop to let you pass(By overtaking me your only putting your life in danger. not my responsibility) i will be a mean ba444ered on the road. you get no rights to put my life in danger.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

i skidded into a wall at home and i loved it.
    :confused:
    course i wouldn't do it if i have an expensive car. specially an audi. but if i had a low priced car i didnt really care about id do it.
    I really don't see how price of the car comes into it. Your safety, and the safety of your passengers, is much more important than the damage done to the car. Having a cheaper car doesn't make it any safer, in fact I'd argue that cheaper cars don't have as well-designed safety features as more expensive cars. If you decide to brake-test a tailgater, do you know the safety rating of your car, and how well it'd hold up to a rear-end collision?
    Would you do it if you had a passenger in the car?
    If a collision did occur, you could lose control of the car, which may mean crashing into the side of the road - not so bad if it's a hedge, but terrible if it's a group of people. You gain absolutely nothing from doing this.
    you get no rights to put my life in danger.
    Yes, true, but doing as you are suggesting is putting your life more in danger than simply ignoring them, or even letting them past.

Yes i had that typed but it was with more posts but i took it out. but No i wouldn't do it if anyone else was in the car. Only I can do it. on my own. Like my Aunt tried to do it to the ex one day. Fair play to her. He tried it once another day but i was in the car so my aunt wouldnt do it.. Fair is fair we are willing to put our lives at risk. Big deal. were going to die at some stage if we intervene or not. When you have lost everything that is close to you. you lose yourself.

If i end up in hospital maybe i was ment to be their. I realise i seem selfish but i cant help it its who i am. its my path im set to walk. like ok say i bought a BMW loved it i had a better safety rating than a different car. I'd still be willing to crash it. But as a personal thing and not even my dad knows. Since i was young i have always been Dedicated to an Audi. When i see them driving by in the street and there is a mark on them i actually shed a tear. dont know why just loved them since i could talk.

There would be conflicts though on doing so. If there is a child in the car. Big no no. if there are other passengers. if the road is busy. If i see that it is unsafe to do so. eg passers by. . In which case of an instance i would do what my grandparents do. drive at 30 - 40kph, 100kph they do 60, there is no law to say that i have to do the speed limit. just maintain good speed. but maybe i dont like speed. maybe i feel the car is going to lose control. maybe i have personal mental issues eg my uncle in law lost his life right outside our house. I had to see him die, Its scared me ever since. I cant be prosecuted on that.

But look its my decision. you can argue with me about the death precautions and it may affect my family, their family, people on the road. so on so on. But what can you do . Faith.

See you edit your post. Am it was a wet day and i went over a bump too fast. the car lifted off the ground and i hit the breaks too hard that the car just slid across the grass. sliding into the pier. Didnt do much damage just dented the bonnet. could been alot worse the pier was swaying right over me thought was about to come down . but it didnt . so i reversed the car and got out and was like whoo had my first crash. and the adrenalin was like sky high. then i hugged the car. cause i was sorry i crashed her into a pier. Like the car maybe old. but i love her. but not the same way i loved my Carina. I miss that soooo much:(

Anyway im sure your like. Yes i loved your story so much i couldnt give a rats ass. Sorry for boring you. ;)

....eh ok :confused:

You say that seeing your uncle die scarred you yet you're willing to die on the road and have some poor innocent person come upon an accident. They'd have to see what you saw. You above all people shouldn't want that.

And if we all lived with the 'it's up to fate' attitude there'd be no reason to get out of bed in the morning. Hate that attitude.

I want to join the fire brigade after college but I'm fooked if I'm gonna risk my life and sanity saving someone from a car wreck or bringing their body home to their family if they put themselves in that situation by acting the gobshite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

its like why people become doctors. love the blood and stuff
    I think you've confused "doctor" with "serial killer"..

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

In what way im not going out of my way to kill anyone.
    I think he means that he disagrees with your statement that people become doctors for the blood and gore.

Tbh dude, it really sounds like you've some deep-rooted issues. You should really consider counselling or at least going to your GP for advice (if you haven't already).

My only uncle is/was a recovery driver for the guards. I joined him on some of the call outs. I love it. Ive seen some horrible stuff. The remains of peoples blood, shoes left squashed up in wreckages, then to know that person died. ya its harsh. but i enjoy it cant explain it. but must say something. Eg people being injured. its like why people become doctors. love the blood and stuff. then at the end of the day they get to save someone's life.

:confused: You're right, I'll genuinely never understand that. Guess people deal with stuff differently but when I almost lost a parent when I was small I decided that day that I'd spend my life trying to stop that happening to other families.

No point in feeling sorry for myself, you only live once.

• Advertisement

People will never understand me till someone close to them dies. Then they will understand the pain and hardship it brings everyday
    You think no one here has ever lost someone close to them? Pfft, I'm living dadless here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

In what way im not going out of my way to kill anyone. nor have i made any reference to serial killing. im just stating. that pain i like to live with. cause ive lived with it for so long. you know.... People will never understand me till someone close to them dies. Then they will understand the pain and hardship it brings everyday . but cause i was so young ive managed to put it away so that i can live and joke about it. but my anger comes out and i wish people dead. dont think i would have the guts to stab someone or shoot them but i like wishing.

I struggle to understand your posts at the best of times, so I apologise if ive gotten this wrong..

Are you saying you wish pain and suffering (even death) on other people because someone you are close to died??

:confused: You're right, I'll genuinely never understand that. Guess people deal with stuff differently but when I almost lost a parent when I was small I decided that day that I'd spend my life trying to stop that happening to other families.

No point in feeling sorry for myself, you only live once.

True you only do get to live once. live everyday as its your last. do one good thing everyday if possible i say (not based on religion I dont believe that)

I struggle to understand your posts at the best of times, so I apologise if ive gotten this wrong..

Are you saying you wish pain and suffering (even death) in other people because someone you are close to died??

am Yes when they are gone out of their way to annoy me. like if we got into an argument i wouldnt get angry over it its just something that happens. but if they went on for days and really went out of their way. yes i would hope to 'god' that they get flattened or have a life changing moment.

Yes i dont see death as a horrible thing [if im saying that correctly] Yes not using my loss as an excuse. Think mentally it has attached onto me that seeing someone die or having them wished them dead or to die means nothing to me. so while you'll say its an awful horrible thing to say. I'll say thats life move on. But im trying to regain my emotions back so that i will feel sorry when someone dies.

I have decided to waste no more words on this topic after this post. I hope everybody will do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

....... Raining outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Mod note:

Can I remind everyone that the facilitating of illegal activity is against the charter.

This argument is just going around an around in circles so I would advise you all to drop it now.

Shannon_tek: I've issued you with an infraction because of several of your posts. Giving advice like that is NOT ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I don't post here often so I came to see what was going on...
    weird...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Lads is it okay to sell a present you got a year ago and haven't used? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

M&S* wrote: »
    Lads is it okay to sell a present you got a year ago and haven't used? :confused:

Definitely :p

Advertisement