Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[TA Events] The Ashes Of War

• 19-11-2011 12:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭

The Venue
    Copehill Down Village is the venue for TW1. This is a large scale FIBUA training village located within the Salisbury Plaines training area in England.

Date
    5/6 May with check-in opening on the 4 May at 1600hrs.

Price
    £90 per ticket. £50 non-refundable deposit to be paid within 7 days of the booking and £40 balance at the event.
    What is BattleSim

BattleSim is for players that want a faster pace game with nested sub-missions. But at the same time, BattleSim will still hold to the core basic values of MilSim (team structure, strong communications, low/mid cap magazines and limited ammo).

How to book
    Tickets will be available from the 5 February 2012 at 2100hrs. Bookings can be made for individuals or as a group booking. A £50 non-refundable deposit will be required WITHIN 7 days of making your booking. The balance of £40 will be required in cash at the event.

Not many details yet, but enough to pencil in the dates if you're interested

http://www.ta-events.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=1033

edit: the release timing is a coincidence i think, as far as im aware this has nothing to do with brooding teenage vampires

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Change to dates
    Date

24/25 March with check-in opening on the 23 March at 1600hrs.
    Cheers guys.

Unfortunately due to the MOD screwing up the dates and consequently sending me the wrong information, the Mate date is not available.

The new date is going to be the 24/25 March 2012.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Awesome. I believe it may be time to use this as an excuse to 'invest' in kit...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭r0n0c

chedaki ninja will be goin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭Betty Blue

Early Christmas Prezzy to Me!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭wormbyte

Tickets will be available from 2000hrs on Sunday 18th December, with deposits not due until the 28 January (Christmas costs enough as it is).

More information about the game is now available at http://www.ta-events.co.uk/aw1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

Puding wrote: »
    Change to dates
    wormbyte wrote: »
    Tickets will be available from 2000hrs on Sunday 18th December, with deposits not due until the 28 January (Christmas costs enough as it is).

More information about the game is now available at http://www.ta-events.co.uk/aw1

NNNNNNooooooo!!!!!!!!! Not another one I'm going to miss....:(:(

Of all the dirty rotten luck...Do I tempt fate and miss the birth of my 2nd child????? I'm sure the wife won't mind, it's not like it's the first one...or at least not as important...right???;)

already looking forward to getting away again in the new year, roll on march but only 3 pay-days to save up :( really hate monthly pay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Woo I'm in can't wait for this, so happy to hear they changed it back to 24hrs as I'm gonna do the same as cc pt 3 and go all night, if anyone from this side of the country is goin, any chance ye will let me know ... Hope the tigers and cork airsofters are goin :D

wormbyte wrote: »

Will we need to provide card details when booking, seeing as we don't have to pay until January

Shane_ef wrote: »
    Will we need to provide card details when booking, seeing as we don't have to pay until January

No payment details are added when you book the ticket.

Once booked you can either pay right away using a link to paypal or log in at a latter date and use the link, I believe bank transfer is avaliable but I have no experance of this method

• Advertisement

Normally players have 7 days from the point of booking.

But with Christmas almost upon us, I thought it would be helpful to offset the payments until the end of January.

Plus I prefer to only take payment when I reach the 2 month stage from the event so that if I lose the site then I am still within the 60 day refund period of PayPal.

So once we reach the 28th Jan then everyone has 7 days to pay.

Reminders will be sent out at the time.

Have a great Christmas everyone.

Encase anyone missed it, tickets went on sale last night.

Booked in, holiday requst submitted and already badgering work for overtime to pay for the trip :)

http://www.ta-events.co.uk/events/battlesim/aw1/?utm_source=TA%2BWebsite&utm_medium=Link&utm_content=Next%2BEvent&utm_campaign=TW1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭Unsinnig

Booked! Can't get leave for Berget, so another fantastic weekend courtesy of Ian and his crew is a very close second!

Bring it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭RummyMc

Woo I'm in can't wait for this, so happy to hear they changed it back to 24hrs as I'm gonna do the same as cc pt 3 and go all night, if anyone from this side of the country is goin, any chance ye will let me know ... Hope the tigers and cork airsofters are goin :D

Oh the Tigers will be there! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭Unsinnig

Don't forget to bring you phone! I may need to rob your battery... again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

FK & myself are booked in. Looking forward to my first visit to CDV so bring on the end of March 2012 already!

I really hope FFZ, Combat South, or Frenchie don't go and organise a Vietnam period event for the same weekend or you'll all see a grown man cry :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45 Spitfire_24

Well myself and few others from cork airsoft are going :D hoping ill be trauma medic again :D heehee!!

Unsinnig wrote: »
    Don't forget to bring you phone! I may need to rob your battery... again :D

Haha i forgot about that, i changed phones now :p

Nagorno-Karabakh Defense Army last 14 places

Azerbaijan Ground Forces Last 9 places

wow big group of Azerbaijan must have booked :)

Booked as Azerbaijan.
    It'll he tough to top the best airsoft weekend ever that was Senny last year - let's see...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

In a rare instance of actually attempting to do some actual airsofting I have booked on the green side.

Stonewolf wrote: »
    In a rare instance of actually attempting to do some actual airsofting I have booked on the green side.

I that fails you can make tea :D

Thanks for all your bookings.

The Azerbaijan side has now sold out and we have just 9 places left on the Nagorna-Karabakh side.

Have a great Christmas everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭r0n0c

So whos joined what team?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

20 from NI/ASI booked in for the Nagorna-Karabakh side

Here's a Song that Keep all The AGF Going till March

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lubIHgvzL2Q

Just a quick reminder to anyone going to this event that deposits are due from today and you have 7 days to pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Jimkil

Are there any busses being organised.
    Can anyone recommend the best route?
    Looks like Dub-Holly is the fastest but most expensive.
    Does anyone know how many Irish are going?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭markomongo

Jimkil wrote: »
    Are there any busses being organised.
    Can anyone recommend the best route?
    Looks like Dub-Holly is the fastest but most expensive.
    Does anyone know how many Irish are going?

Thanks

Over 50 players on the green side by my count jimmy. Very strong contingent. 3 of us operators looking into travel situation also. Your more than welcome to join us if you like mate. Hooking up with Shane over there too so it may be a repeat of CC2 (I think?) when we were the full 24hour crew ;)

As mark said it is shaping up to be a good event, irish are making up a big contingent along with making up a large percentage of the command staff.

As they say 'this is going to be epic'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭markomongo

Betty Blue wrote: »
    Here's a Song that Keep all The AGF Going till March

You wont be singing this if i manage to knife kill you... again :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Jimkil

Over 50 players on the green side by my count jimmy. Very strong contingent. 3 of us operators looking into travel situation also. Your more than welcome to join us if you like mate. Hooking up with Shane over there too so it may be a repeat of CC2 (I think?) when we were the full 24hour crew

@markomongo Great stuff. As always i would be honored to play with such a fine bunch of young men. As before bring on the 24hrs.

Not sure if this totally correct but a flight to London and a rent a car is about the same price as the boats and half the time traveling.

Also if no bus is available i can offer my pickup to travel in.

markomongo wrote: »
    You wont be singing this if i manage to knife kill you... again :p

LOL We'll See Pal Hahaa:D

Paid up.
    Ferry booked.
    Bag full of kit already ready to go.
    As wiser man have previously put it "bring it!"

• Advertisement

I should probably arrange some kind of travel arrangements now I've paid.

Always good to wheel this out for those that are new to such events, as I'd imagine there will be again this time with such a large Irish contingent going.
    ASI Casper wrote:
    Stuff to consider bringing. Not everything is essential. But all of it is worth considering.
    • Decent torch ( and batteries! ). It tends to get dark quite a lot during any 24hr period! Especially in buildings with no lights. Headlamps are quite useful.
      Something with a red filter is even better.
    • Decent sleeping bag & roll-mat. You may not intend to sleep during the event, but you'll find that what you intend to do and what you actually do may be two different things. And you'll need these for Friday night anyway. Better to have them and not need them than need them and not have them. 2 people whom shall remain nameless, neglected to bring these at a previous event and as a result had to 'sleep' in plastic bin-bags on cold concrete. Don't make the same mistake. It will be BALTIC at night in March. If you only have a thin / summer sleeping bag, you may well need two of them! Plan accordingly.
    • Warm gear. It will likely be cold during the day. It will be baltic at night. Especially when you stop. Outerlayers or underlayers, just make sure you bring them and hat and gloves. Even in buildings at night, there can be a very real risk of hypothermia ( and has happened before ).
    • Waterproofs. Well worth considering. Keep your eye on the weather forecast a couple of days before the event.
    • Radio & headset. These are pretty much essential if you want to be able to find your squadmates after regening, as they may not be where you last saw them. Also essential for co-ordinating attacks. Headset is especially important. And don't forget spare batteries!
    • Map. You should be issued one of these at sign-in. Make sure you bring it out into the game with you even if you think you know the site. Anyone unable to identify their current position over the radio or unable to consult a map to make their way to a position / building number they're given over the radio, will likely be treated with the contempt they deserve. Do not rely on someone else to have one. It may be an idea to make your own laminated tacical size version before you arrive. And put it somewhere easily accessible, it's no use in your backpack.
    • A hydration bladder / system. Underestimated by those that don't have them. Ridiculously useful for events like this. Camelbak ones are one of the more expensive ones for a reason btw. They represent good value despite their price as they're ridiculously good quality.
      Bottles of water are no good to you if they're in your backpack and you have to stop, take it off, open it, get the bottle out, open the lid, drink, close it, put the bottle back in bag, put bag back on every time you want a drink. A hydration bladder allows you to drink easily and when you need it, without stopping.
    • More batteries for everything. Gun, radio, torch, camera, tactical vibrator etc.
    • Pistol. A secondary / backup weapon is pretty much essential for a low ammo-limit / CQB event of this nature.
    • Boots. Everyone should obviously already have these, but if you don't have comfortable ones you're going to be sorry by the end of the 24hrs. Two pairs of thin socks or a pair of thick socks may be a cheaper option if you're stuck though.
      Note: A 24hr event is not the time to break in a new pair of boots.
    • More mags. In case it's not already crystal clear to everyone, this is a lowcap / midcap only event. NO high-caps. You should preferably have enough mags to take you up to your full ammo limit ( 600rds for most people ). Mag compatibility with your squad-mates is also something to seriously consider here.
    • Red-dot sight. These are incredibly useful for playing at night. Ever tried using iron-sights at night? Even if you have a decent torch, you won't be able to use it in all situations as it'll give your position away and would be an instant BB magnet. Red-dot ftw!
    • Sling. Obvious really. I'm assuming everyone already has one, but I'll say it anyway. Carrying an AEG about for long periods is heavy work. And you'll need to be able to go hands-free without putting your gun down for various things.
    • Kneepads. Again, obvious really. There'll be plenty of buildings and roads. That means hard tarmac and concrete. Kneeling on that is never comfortable. Kneeling on it when it's covered in BBs and pyro casings is even less comfortable. Dropping or falling to your knees on them is just outright painful.
    • Cheapo digital watch with a backlight. This'll be very useful. Not only for co-ordinating attacks and so forth, but also for accurately keeping track of your bleedout time when hit. Look at your watch as soon as you've taken a hit.
    • Stove & mess tins. If you want hot food and don't want to use the burger van, you'll need to cook it in your HQ / safezone.
    • Tools! Multi-tool, Hex-keys, screwdrivers, micro-screwdrivers and the like. In case of gun / gear breakage. Obviously EVERYONE doesn't need to bring these!
    • Food & water! Do a supply run to the local supermarket (there's a Morrisons in Warminster) on the Friday after dumping your gear at the site. Unless you're planning on using the burger van onsite, make sure you get enough food to do you for the Friday night, Saturday & Sunday morning. Get plenty of water, as there is none available on the site.
    • Change of BDUs. If it remains dry, these won't be needed. These are for changing into if you get soaked, not simply for freshening up because you got all dirty. For those that have never been to an event of this nature, you'll find that you won't have time, or a suitable place to get changed unless you're soaked and really need them.
    • Toilet bag. There are no washing facilities at the event but some deodorant, tissues, wet wipes, tooth brush, etc are good to have. Plus shower gel & shampoo for the hotel on Sunday or overnight ferry depending on your own travel arrangements.
    • Money. You'll need it for when we stop for food on the journey coming and going. And if you wish to make any purchases of pyros and BBs and so forth on site. And for purchasing food & drink supplies at the supermarket. Bear in mind you may have problems handing over NI banknotes in some shops. So bring Stirling notes or withdraw from a cashmachine when we arrive in England. Also bear in mind that there's still £40 of the game fee to pay upon arriving onsite.
    • Photographic ID. This is REQUIRED for the ferries!
    • Black tape!
    Things you should NOT do or should NOT need:
    • Tent. We'll have buildings to sleep in on the Fri & Sat night. A camping area for tents will likely be set aside for the event for those that want to bring tents, however, there may not be room for items that bulky in your vehicle, so don't bring them or check with whomever is bringing you.
    • Your entire gun collection. Check with whomever is bringing you transport-wise as there may not be room for ridiculous and unnecessary amounts of gear. You should have 1 reliable AEG and 1 pistol as a secondary. That doesn't mean no spare guns at all should be brought, but don't go overboard. Consider bringing the likes of a machine pistol or SMG as a spare, rather than a full-size rifle.
    • Do not bring food & water for the event with you. There will likely not be space for it in your vehicle if several people bring bags of shopping as well as all their kit. By all means bring ration-packs with you if that's what you intend to use during the event, but everything else should be bought when you get there.
    • Fold-out camp beds and the like. Again, check with whomever is bringing you in whatever vehicle, as there may not be room for these. Rollmat and sleeping bag is the way to go.
    • Do not go out into the game with huge amounts of kit weighing you down. People are warned about this before every 24hr game and yet they still do it. Keep things light and tight. Do not bring anything unneccessary out into play with you or you WILL regret it later. This isn't a Sunday skirmish at your local site.
    • On a related note to the last point: Kevlar vests or vests with real-deal ceramic plates, forget them. Do not bring. You will regret it.
    • Folding spades, machetes, bayonets, fixed-blade knives and the like: Do not bring!

Or to boil it down and condense it into the basics:

The quick version.

Things you need to think about:
    • Clothing including boots
    • Loadbearing gear (vest / holsters / belt / legrigs / etc)
    • Eye/face protection
    • Sleeping gear
    • Cooking / eating gear
    • Hydration
    • Pyros (bought there)
    • Guns & mags & ammo
    • Comms
    • Food & drink
    • Batteries (airsoft & other)
    • Lighting
    • Warmth or rain protection (hot food / warm clothing / sleeping gear)
    • How you're going to get it all there and keep it organised.

The long version can be found here in the form of an example kitlist: *CLICKY*

Ferries booked, Travelodge sorted for farting around Bristol after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Stonewolf wrote: »
    Ferries booked, Travelodge sorted for farting around Bristol after.

I've said in a previous TA-Events thread (CC3 I believe it was), Stone-Henge is approximately 15-25 (depending on route) minutes drive away from CDV.

Link

You've also got Bath in between there and Bristol; which is a lovely town with Roman baths & the like, so plenty to see & do for a few hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

It looks like I'll have 2 seats free in the car this time. Going from Dublin via Rosslare-Fishguard (Out on Friday morning, Return 02:30 Monday).

Anyone want to car pool? PM if interested.

Oh that note is there anyone heading from this side of the country.... or even remotely near this side :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45 Spitfire_24

Shane there's a few of us heading from cork if that's any use to ya? we're heading over via rosslare-fishguard on the fri morning.

25 days....... :pac:

Shane there's a few of us heading from cork if that's any use to ya? we're heading over via rosslare-fishguard on the fri morning.

Ya tis shur... Can you shoot me pm?

Still stuck :o

Anyone that is going to the event please remember that phyro pre orders close this Friday ( 9th March ).

While some pyros will be available to buy at the event availability can not be guaranteed so it is best to pre order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭sifpils

Any advise on what pyro to get? What has worked previously?

All youi need are pull fuse ball grenades and dual vent smokes.
    Keep it simple and cheap!

personally im a fan of the strike fuse ball grenades as they're easy to throw, reliable and cheap and the thermobaric grenades as they're fun at night when you need blind people :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement