Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[TA Events] The Ashes Of War

• 19-11-2011 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭

The Venue
    Copehill Down Village is the venue for TW1. This is a large scale FIBUA training village located within the Salisbury Plaines training area in England.

Date
    5/6 May with check-in opening on the 4 May at 1600hrs.

Price
    £90 per ticket. £50 non-refundable deposit to be paid within 7 days of the booking and £40 balance at the event.
    What is BattleSim

BattleSim is for players that want a faster pace game with nested sub-missions. But at the same time, BattleSim will still hold to the core basic values of MilSim (team structure, strong communications, low/mid cap magazines and limited ammo).

How to book
    Tickets will be available from the 5 February 2012 at 2100hrs. Bookings can be made for individuals or as a group booking. A £50 non-refundable deposit will be required WITHIN 7 days of making your booking. The balance of £40 will be required in cash at the event.

Not many details yet, but enough to pencil in the dates if you're interested

http://www.ta-events.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=1033

edit: the release timing is a coincidence i think, as far as im aware this has nothing to do with brooding teenage vampires

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Change to dates
    Date

24/25 March with check-in opening on the 23 March at 1600hrs.
    Cheers guys.

Unfortunately due to the MOD screwing up the dates and consequently sending me the wrong information, the Mate date is not available.

The new date is going to be the 24/25 March 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Awesome. I believe it may be time to use this as an excuse to 'invest' in kit...

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭r0n0c

chedaki ninja will be goin

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Betty Blue

Early Christmas Prezzy to Me!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭wormbyte

Tickets will be available from 2000hrs on Sunday 18th December, with deposits not due until the 28 January (Christmas costs enough as it is).

More information about the game is now available at http://www.ta-events.co.uk/aw1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

Puding wrote: »
    Change to dates
    wormbyte wrote: »
    Tickets will be available from 2000hrs on Sunday 18th December, with deposits not due until the 28 January (Christmas costs enough as it is).

More information about the game is now available at http://www.ta-events.co.uk/aw1

NNNNNNooooooo!!!!!!!!! Not another one I'm going to miss....:(:(

Of all the dirty rotten luck...Do I tempt fate and miss the birth of my 2nd child????? I'm sure the wife won't mind, it's not like it's the first one...or at least not as important...right???;)

already looking forward to getting away again in the new year, roll on march but only 3 pay-days to save up :( really hate monthly pay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Woo I'm in can't wait for this, so happy to hear they changed it back to 24hrs as I'm gonna do the same as cc pt 3 and go all night, if anyone from this side of the country is goin, any chance ye will let me know ... Hope the tigers and cork airsofters are goin :D

wormbyte wrote: »

Will we need to provide card details when booking, seeing as we don't have to pay until January

Shane_ef wrote: »
    Will we need to provide card details when booking, seeing as we don't have to pay until January

No payment details are added when you book the ticket.

Once booked you can either pay right away using a link to paypal or log in at a latter date and use the link, I believe bank transfer is avaliable but I have no experance of this method

• Advertisement

Normally players have 7 days from the point of booking.

But with Christmas almost upon us, I thought it would be helpful to offset the payments until the end of January.

Plus I prefer to only take payment when I reach the 2 month stage from the event so that if I lose the site then I am still within the 60 day refund period of PayPal.

So once we reach the 28th Jan then everyone has 7 days to pay.

Reminders will be sent out at the time.

Have a great Christmas everyone.

Encase anyone missed it, tickets went on sale last night.

Booked in, holiday requst submitted and already badgering work for overtime to pay for the trip :)

http://www.ta-events.co.uk/events/battlesim/aw1/?utm_source=TA%2BWebsite&utm_medium=Link&utm_content=Next%2BEvent&utm_campaign=TW1

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Unsinnig

Booked! Can't get leave for Berget, so another fantastic weekend courtesy of Ian and his crew is a very close second!

Bring it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭RummyMc

Woo I'm in can't wait for this, so happy to hear they changed it back to 24hrs as I'm gonna do the same as cc pt 3 and go all night, if anyone from this side of the country is goin, any chance ye will let me know ... Hope the tigers and cork airsofters are goin :D

Oh the Tigers will be there! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Unsinnig

Don't forget to bring you phone! I may need to rob your battery... again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

FK & myself are booked in. Looking forward to my first visit to CDV so bring on the end of March 2012 already!

I really hope FFZ, Combat South, or Frenchie don't go and organise a Vietnam period event for the same weekend or you'll all see a grown man cry :p

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Spitfire_24

Well myself and few others from cork airsoft are going :D hoping ill be trauma medic again :D heehee!!

Unsinnig wrote: »
    Don't forget to bring you phone! I may need to rob your battery... again :D

Haha i forgot about that, i changed phones now :p

Nagorno-Karabakh Defense Army last 14 places

Azerbaijan Ground Forces Last 9 places

wow big group of Azerbaijan must have booked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Booked as Azerbaijan.
    It'll he tough to top the best airsoft weekend ever that was Senny last year - let's see...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

In a rare instance of actually attempting to do some actual airsofting I have booked on the green side.

Stonewolf wrote: »
    In a rare instance of actually attempting to do some actual airsofting I have booked on the green side.

I that fails you can make tea :D

Thanks for all your bookings.

The Azerbaijan side has now sold out and we have just 9 places left on the Nagorna-Karabakh side.

Have a great Christmas everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭r0n0c

So whos joined what team?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

20 from NI/ASI booked in for the Nagorna-Karabakh side

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Betty Blue

Here's a Song that Keep all The AGF Going till March

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lubIHgvzL2Q

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭RummyMc

Just a quick reminder to anyone going to this event that deposits are due from today and you have 7 days to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Jimkil

Are there any busses being organised.
    Can anyone recommend the best route?
    Looks like Dub-Holly is the fastest but most expensive.
    Does anyone know how many Irish are going?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭markomongo

Jimkil wrote: »
    Are there any busses being organised.
    Can anyone recommend the best route?
    Looks like Dub-Holly is the fastest but most expensive.
    Does anyone know how many Irish are going?

Thanks

Over 50 players on the green side by my count jimmy. Very strong contingent. 3 of us operators looking into travel situation also. Your more than welcome to join us if you like mate. Hooking up with Shane over there too so it may be a repeat of CC2 (I think?) when we were the full 24hour crew ;)

Advertisement