Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another train incident

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

dotsman wrote: »
    An out of control adult restrains a child, sexually assaults them and strips them in public, and you find it amusing?

You are some of the sickest ****s around.

Have you actually seen that South Park episode? If you had, then you'd be aware that the 'nice' thing is used to highlight the double standard that arises when stuff like this happens.

If it had been a girl in the video this thread would already have been deleted, and the perp most likely in police custody. The video certainly wouldn't be used as a tool on discussion forums to stoke up outrage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

Callipo wrote: »
    Poor fella. That was embarrassing :(

Embarrassing? If the genders were reversed people would be calling for the mans head.

So what makes it worse for a man to do that than a woman?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

One of those incidents where reality falls a long way short of fantasy. Uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭fallen01angel

That was horrible-if I saw one of my girlfriend harrassing a kid like that I'd smack her.....

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Callipo

Embarrassing? If the genders were reversed people would be calling for the mans head

I was commenting on the video posted.

Not spouting on sh1te about genders.

Though if it was a black chick doing it I am sure she was an illegal immigrant who was milking their state benefit system.

Obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I honestly would've smacked her for acting like that. The lad was having fun at first, but as soon as she started ripping off his clothes that's abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

So what makes it worse for a man to do that than a woman?
    It's culturally ingrained that a woman isn't as capable of sexual assault as a man is. It's not right but it's a notion that goes back a long way and it's propagated by both women and men. It's why there's less acceptance of women sleeping around than of men doing so - women are not seen as predisposed to sexual aggression of any kind.
    Then there's the notion that men can only get pleasure from any sexual contact by a woman - proof of that here. Men who divulge details of sexual assault by a woman have been ridiculed for not enjoying it.
    It's something I actually studied.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

WindSock wrote: »
    That's an uncomfortable watch, didn't look like the lad was enjoying himself at all, no matter how much you think it is every lads teenage fantasies... She looked like she was trying to humiliate him more than anything.

Wouldn't call her a paedo though but she was clearly out of order and sexually harrassing him. And yes I would say the same before the if the 'roles were reversed brigade' come chiming in.
    Can't see him trying it on with her when he's drunk :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

That's pretty hard to watch in fairness. As stated already if the roles where reversed nobody would have been laughing.

I was commenting on the video posted.

Not spouting on sh1te about genders.

Though if it was a black chick doing it I am sure she was an illegal immigrant who was milking their state benefit system.

Obviously.

And I was just commenting that if the genders were reversed would you still be of the same opinion that it's just embarrassing?

No need to be a big horrible racist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

If I was him I would have stuck it in.

My fist into her mouth that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

would you still be of the same opinion that it's just embarrassing?
    How do you have proof that they just think it's embarrassing but would be worse if the genders were reversed? You're reading stuff that's not there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Wow that was awful. At one point he looked like he was going to start crying, when it became clear that the woman was not stopping with her 'joke'. And the manic laughter just made it all the worse. She should be hauled off and thrown in jail - absolutely disgusting.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Lolcats are a much more fun meme than dickheads on public transport.

I sure hope Bill Murray shows up in one soon.

Dudess wrote: »
    How do you have proof that they just think it's embarrassing but would be worse if the genders were reversed? You're reading stuff that's not there.

I'm sorry, I'll stop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

I couldn't put up with the high pitched teenage boy squeals more than anything to be honest :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

That was disgusting. I can't understand the mentality of the people who sat there and just watched that evil woman attack the boy like that, let alone the mindset of the woman who acted like that. Being drunk is no excuse. A few years jail time as somebody's bitch would sort her out.

If that was my son I'd be making sure she went to court for sexual assault and whatever else was in the book that I could throw at her - plus her friend or friends for aiding her by doing nothing to stop her.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

Christ that was uncomfortable watching. I couldnt watch to the end. Thats not right, she is a sick b!tch:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

That was horrible. Seriously hope she ends up before a judge for it. Wtf like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

She is a bit of a mank.

She definitely went too far into the humiliation zone, but prison? I mean come on.

yeah yeah yeah, I know if the roles were reversed yadda yadda yadda.

In my opinion, she went a bit far, and the truth of the matter is that in society, right or wrong, it's more acceptable to rub your tits in a boys face rather than flopping your dick around a girl on a bus.

I felt bad for the boy, he was stressed and nervous, and having the camera held up to him didn't help.

She did have a nice rack, just saying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

She is a bit of a mank.

She definitely went too far into the humiliation zone, but prison? I mean come on.

Well if he's not 18 he's a minor. Charges can be brought. It(s) [can be] a serious case.

Well if he's not 18 he's a minor. Charges can be brought. It(s) [can be] a serious case.

Does anyone think in a million years the lad will press charges?

I'm not defending her, but people need to get realistic about the consequences of this behavior.

I dunno, I can see both sides in this, a prison sentence aint gonna help anyone, unless she has previous form for sexual assault.

I would like to think she is proper morto, and offers an apology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

Does anyone think in a million years the lad will press charges?

I'm not defending her, but people need to get realistic about the consequences of this behavior.

I dunno, I can see both sides in this, a prison sentence aint gonna help anyone, unless she has previous form for sexual assault.

I would like to think she is proper morto, and offers an apology.

His parents could press charges. am im not sure but im sure a court would be in favour if they saw the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭G.muny

Ugh....attention seeking bitch using a kid to do her look who is the biggest slut in town routine.

Stay classy

She is a bit of a mank.

Yeah because God forbid people were punished for sexual assault :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

the only comment under the video says its a repost. it would be interesting to see, that should this video have been around for awhile, if she did face any consequences for it.

it would settle a lot of the debate here.

Yeah because God forbid people were punished for sexual assault :rolleyes:

There's different classes of sexual assault, I think this was misjudged drunken complete horrible stupidity.

Yes, if it was reversed roles, i'd be saying her dad should go and kick the **** into yer man.

I'm completely open to being wrong on this, and I know my thoughts are flawed, but they are my thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

That is disgusting. What a trampy low-class vile woman.
    Haelium wrote: »
    This thread will contain the usual double standard and no actual debate. As we all know, if the genders were reversed the person would go to jail and the video would be taken down.

Remember that saying idiots will spout: "A key that opens many locks is a Master Key, whereas a lock that is opened by many keys is a pretty ****ty lock."

Therefore people think: "hey luck boy is getting sexy-time! He's a boy, therefore he must always be up for it! lol"

"But women should not be always up for sex, because that makes them dirty sluts, therefore if this were to happen to a girl it would be assault!!"

It's all the same double standard!

There's different classes of sexual assault, I think this was misjudged drunken complete horrible stupidity.

Yes, if it was reversed roles, i'd be saying her dad should go and kick the **** into yer man.

I'm completely open to being wrong on this, and I know my thoughts are flawed, but they are my thoughts.

Just because she was drunk it doesn't make it any less of a crime. If someone was drunk and murdered somebody it would still be murder. Being drunk is not and excuse for committing a crime.

What should be done in this case then? Should it just be laughed off because the victim was a boy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Yeah, she was deliberately trying to embarrass him, that was clearly her intention, and she was probably getting off on the fact that people were laughing. Anyone that can derive pleasure from humiliating someone weaker and more vulnerable than them is a sick fucking individual. She is a manky bully, that's it basically, and if I had of been on the bus I would have shattered her jaw for her.

Advertisement