Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City jobs (asking/offering)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

does anybody no any good job websites i cant find the ones i used to use anymore any help would be great as i cant find a thread on this subject

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millertime78

I'm in dire need of a male carer for the next two weekends, 8-30 - 9-30 each morning and the same time each evening.

Duties involved -

Dressing
    Washing
    Getting to bed

Must be experienced & physically able to lift etc - will pay cash.

I'm just outside Galway city not far from the airport

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can post on adverts too, they have a Services section here:
    http://www.adverts.ie/available/jobs-services/269

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Palp

Hi there,

Does anyone know about a pub/restaurant/company ect. that would hire foreign students for the summer? I've read all of your messages, but those were mostly about part time jobs!

I will send my CV to any place I can find, but still I could use some advice, if you have any to give me! If you've heard about someone that would be ready to hire a french student who can speak 4 languages, and with good work experience (I've worked in banks, tourist information office, for a caterer...), feel free to let me know, it would really help me!

Go raibh maith agat! (I hope that makes sense, I found it online. Anyway, thanks! :) )
    Palp

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mullaghmore

Hi all,

I know I'm part of the majority here but worth a try anyhow. Can anyone tell me if any factories in Galway are hiring at the moment and is it worthwhile handing cv's into them? I'm a student at the moment and on the verge of droping out so actually would take any job at the moment. Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Hi all,
    Looking for a person to record and edit a professional video for a introduction to a new website launching in the new year.
    Anyone I have talked to is charging 800-1500 so I'm looking for someone much cheaper as that's just not in my budget.
    Any ideas please suggest or pm me!
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Are you looking for a straightforward interview type shoot, or flashy intros/angles and whatnot?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    Are you looking for a straightforward interview type shoot, or flashy intros/angles and whatnot?
    Nothing amazingly flashy but def not straightforward interview type

d-gal wrote: »
    Nothing amazingly flashy but def not straightforward interview type
    Can you be a bit more specific as to the scenes you might be interested in, you can get interviews done for around a couple hundred, maybe there's a good reason you're getting 5-7 times as much on the quotes? More info please!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Galwayps

I referred a friend to these guys for a job and it worked out well. I know the price was much lower than the €800 bracket.
    You can pm if you want to see the video they did for my friend

• Advertisement

From the sounds of it you might be best off to get a flash designer to do up a nice intro for a couple of hundred, and slip another fifty to the lads and lassies in Galway Bay FM to do a voiceover intro with music. Just as good as a video and in ways more versatile.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MissMoppet

You should contact Film Soc in NUIG. They have a group that make quite good promos. http://www.youtube.com/user/STVGalway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

PM'd you there OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Hi folks,

A Galway based commercial company are looking for a photoshop genius to help ease their photo-editing workflow. This isn't a one off job, they're looking for someone who can take over an entire photo editing section in time.

I do a lot of work for these guys in terms of camera work/video editing, so if you or someone you know would be interested in this job, please PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    slip another fifty to the lads and lassies in Galway Bay FM to do a voiceover intro with music. Just as good as a video and in ways more versatile.

Unless you have a pal in there who would do a nixer, that's far from the going rate for VO and production.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Gizmo2000

I hope to set up an electronic repair service as an off-shoot to an existing business I have in Galway City and recognise the need for a capable business partner whose skill set and knowledge of electronics match and preferrably exceed my own.

Ideally I'm looking for someone with qualifications and experience with repair and servicing of the following:
    -Musical equipment (Amps, P.A. systems, Instruments)
    -Personal Computers and Laptops
    -Consumer electronics (Tv, Hi-Fi, ipod)
    -Mobile phones

Some prior knowledge of business and customer relations is preferable but not a necessity.

There will be low financial but high time investment required for the start-up.
    I am not looking to employ anybody as I want to work with somebody that recognises that their input will directly effect the financial output.

Not sure if this is the best place to look but I know there are a lot of talented people knocking around Galway and I'm not sure an ad in the back of the Advertiser would get the right results ;)

If you are interested, PM me and tell me what you can do.

inisboffin wrote: »
    Unless you have a pal in there who would do a nixer
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 michael031987

Hi guys

Just moved to galway. Anyone know of any bar/restaurant jos going around the city?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Hi guys

Just moved to galway. Anyone know of any bar/restaurant jos going around the city?

Cheers

Massimos are looking for an experienced Bar man. Your timing kind of sucks. I'll get Lampooned for this but this X-mas was one of the busiest x-mas seasons in terms of x-mas job oppurtunities in my opinion. Not sure it will reflect in the unemployment figures though as most places seem to be offering a contract with 4 hours a week and hiring lots of people, then using discression to give certain people more hours than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 TestersWanted

I am looking for 10 people to participate in a usability test of a web site. It will take you less than 2 hours and we will pay you €50 for your time. The web site is related to postgrad education, so the testers I'm looking for must fall into one of the following categories:

Mature applicants (x2) [age 30+]
    Undergraduates (x3)
    Graduates (x3)
    International students (x2)

The test will consist of a few minutes' briefing, after which you'll sit at a laptop (we'll provide it) and do some tasks such as browse the website, create an account, submit an application, and make a payment. We'll ask you to fill in a questionnaire afterwards and come back at the end of the day for a short group discussion.

We'll record your actions using screen-recording software. This will help us analyze and collate the findings later. Remember, it's the website we want to test, not you. For authenticity, we'd like you to use your real details. There are no intrusive questions and we'll delete the data afterwards, but you can use false data if you like, as long as it's realistic. We'll provide you with a dummy credit card for the payment part.

We are planning to run the tests next Tuesday and Wednesday, December 20 and 21, in Galway city centre. If you are interested, please send me a PM with a contact number and email address, which of the above categories you belong to, and some basic details about yourself. Please tell us which of the two dates you would prefer and we'll try, but can't promise, to accommodate you.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Frank Henry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 TestersWanted

Please folks if you are interested in participating in the usability test can you send me the details I asked for and not just your name and contact number. The details I need are:
    • Name
    • Contact number
    • Email address
    • Which category you belong to [undergrad/graduate/mature/international]
    • Some basic details about yourself [particularly what you're studying or have studied]
    • Which of the two dates you would prefer

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 davey122

German-English speakers requires immediately for full-time roles in Galway city.
    Post me a message if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

What level of either efficiency is needed? Fluent English and Fluent German?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 lobes

Is this for BioWare?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

City link has a vacancy for a Passenger Assistant. The details are on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭DannyKing

Hi, well I'm a mature student going back to college after the xmas break and have decided to get a part time job if possible. Does anyone have any ideas of what's available for students? Evenings and weekends? But preferably weekends as college is quite demanding at times. I'd do most things apart from work in a shop/restaurant. i have lots of experience working in factories (medical Devices), have worked as a painter and also in landscaping. Ideally I'd like to find something casual in a store room/factory. But these kind of jobs don't really show up that often. Anyway, thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Betsysquared

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone is available to mind an 18 month old three days a week in the knocknacarra/salthill area.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

As a parent myself, I suggest you put an ad in the Galway Advertiser with a Box Number. I certainly wouldn't put a post on a website like this, with all due respect to me fellow Boardsies, there are few anonymous twats on this site who may have issues.

Place an ad in the paper "Childminder wanted, Knocknacarra/Salthill, three days, eight hours. Reply to Box xxx" or something along those lines.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

PM sent Betsysquared!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Sure it goes without saying but make sure to check up on references Betsysquared.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement