Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

zuroph wrote: »
    I don't think he'll mind too much ;)

Lol you never know! :D

Anyhoos guys..I am in shock here:eek::eek:. This morning on our walk my poor baba - his tail was down, ears back and drooling afriad of his life of the traffic and pulling on the lead to get home - this was just after 7 with hardly any traffic. Yesterday evening he was even worse and didn't want to walk anywhere.. :( Anyhoos I decided to chance a Thunder Shirt after reading reviews here on boards and we just took a walk - he just stolled along not a bother on him!! The difference was just crazy - I was :eek::D walking along with him. Normally we'd have to walk on the path against the flow of traffic - he'd be too anxious looking over his shoulder if we walked on the other side but no problems this evening. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

tk123 wrote: »
    Anyhoos I decided to chance a Thunder Shirt after reading reviews here on boards and we just took a walk - he just stolled along not a bother on him! :)
    Wow, thats fantastic. I remember reading about the thundershirt awhile back. What does it do? Is it a security thing? Ive seen dogs,mental in a car, calm down with a harness...is it the same effect?Do they feel like they're in control or more safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Well Oliver had a nice dinner this evening:mad:
    Got home late made a quick dinner and went in livingroom to eat it....ooops forgot a glass of water, went back to get it and walked back into livingroom to catch him scoffing my dinner!:eek:
    Butterbeans, rashers, spinach, peas and creme fresh....yum apparently:mad:

Anyone know if butterbeans are harmful to dogs?

*only joking, I checked when I calmed down.

anniehoo wrote: »
    Wow, thats fantastic. I remember reading about the thundershirt awhile back. What does it do? Is it a security thing? Ive seen dogs,mental in a car, calm down with a harness...is it the same effect?Do they feel like they're in control or more safe?

It's like a tight dog coat that's made out of grey tshirt/cotton material. It basically swaddles them like you'd do with a baby - you wrap it around and it fastens with velcro. I got it in MaxiZoo and paid €49 which was a ripoff BUT it was so worth it to have him relaxed and happy walking instead of being afriad :) I'll get a pic of him wearing it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

It's so worth it isn't it TK123. I love mine Harleys.

Mymo, that dinner sounds lovely!!

• Advertisement

@whispered, yes the 3 or 4 mouthfuls I got were lovely, the stale bread I had to make cheese on toast with wasn't as tasty:rolleyes:

Its handy as it only takes a couple of minutes, I usually put in onions too, but shopping day is tomorrow so I'd run out!

Little sod was giving me the sad eyes all night, ended up letting him up on the sofa for a cuddle after all.:o

With the butterbeans, did you have them mixed in with the spinach and peas? I love them, the texture is great, but I only ever have them puréed or in a broccoli and cheese bake. I've been looking for something different to do with them.

Fry an onion and 3 rashers (I like smoked) and when cooked add beans peas and stir around, right at the end add creme fresh and stir through, before serving stir in spinach leaves and allow to wilt.
    Enjoy:)

And keep out of reach of greedy doggies:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭lucycat

Mymo, how bold is that? Heehee you gotta love the cheekiness all the same. Izzy (dog) hopped up on the table the other day and scoffed the hubs' fried egg in about half a sec, the little brat. I spent the rest of the evening combing egg yoke out of her beard :rolleyes:

Well we are picking up Phoebe this evening (shih tzu puppy) and I can't wait! She already seems to have a totally different temperment to Izzy (who is a Havanese) and definitely has the makings of a total diva :D

Thanks for the heads-up on the Thunder shirts guys, I will tell my dad as he is looking for something like that for his GSD X, the poor lad is petrified of cars so I think this would really help him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

Ha Mymo I hope Oliver enjoyed it:D

reminds me of our older GSD. Sitting at the kitchen table one day and suddenly the large tub of dairygold butter started sliding gently off the table! he had hooked his bottom canine tooth under the lip of the dairygold with stealth like precison. It was so impressive we had to give him some on toast for his efforts.

• Advertisement

LOLS :D He just looks so funny!!! :pac: I'd just taken a few pics of his leg before this so he was getting fed up and wanted to go out!! :D (i take pics of the leg every day so I can compare them eg if i think it looks swollen). Anyhoos again this morning no probs - at one stage a JCB was behind us and he sat down but then got up and continued walking. Then we went to DTI to get the new harness and he was the happiest he's been outside the house all week lol!

182581.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

How cool is this:

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/pet_supplies_specials/pet_supplies_seasonal/christmas_colours/dogs/232014

I reeeaaalllly want Santa to bring a pair of them but they're a bit pricey for what they are and unlikely to get any use by the extremely spoiled pets in this house. :(

Brain wins over impulse once again - Hate that! :p

I love them too, but white?????
    What genius stocked them only in white?:D
    They never wash up as white again.
    I can imagine what they'd look like after the first week, red or blue would be cool. They are a bit pricey alright.

mymo wrote: »
    I love them too, but white?????Ah
    What genius stocked them only in white?:D
    They never wash up as white again.
    I can imagine what they'd look like after the first week, red or blue would be cool. They are a bit pricey alright.

Ah but for westies would white not be perfect? The dspca bed we have is white inside and it never looks dirty - the same with the white 'christmas' (they have elks in them) blankets I got from zooplus last year and the cream vet bed - they all look spotless because his retriever fur doesn't show up on them. The brown vet bed on the other hand looks a state lol!
    The dspca bed was half price in petmania a year and a half ago - €25 reduced from €50 and has held up really well. Before I got it I wouldn't have spent €50 on a dog bed but after buying this one I can see it can be worth paying for the extra if you're getting a good quality item.

tk123 wrote: »
    Ah but for westies would white not be perfect? The dspca bed we have is white inside and it never looks dirty - the same with the white 'christmas' (they have elks in them) blankets I got from zooplus last year and the cream vet bed - they all look spotless because his retriever fur doesn't show up on them. The brown vet bed on the other hand looks a state lol!
    The dspca bed was half price in petmania a year and a half ago - €25 reduced from €50 and has held up really well. Before I got it I wouldn't have spent €50 on a dog bed but after buying this one I can see it can be worth paying for the extra if you're getting a good quality item.

I wasn't thinking of the hair;)
    Have you met many westies?
    If you live in the country white is not a good colour:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

My dog goes in the crate with a big fluffy towel when she's muddy etc. for half an hour and comes out good as new, she has a dog bed that's white on the inside and it washes up fine. The second one would be for the cat, which is an indoor cat, so I imagine that would be fine too. Like I said though not much point though as they both make themselves extremely comfy on the couch :rolleyes:

Same here!
    3 dogs beds, 2 are more than big enough for both dogs together, but no, its the sofa or on our laps (Ollie is a bit big but still likes a cuddle).
    I also have cat beds, they aren't used either (except when Ollie was a pup:D).
    I also have a towel and bed system for after walkies, works great. Sometimes it also requires a quick rinse with a squirty bottle of water too, Tiffi has short legs so get manky in the wet.

So, after the dinner snatching episode the other night, Ollie has been bit quiet, until this evening when I foiled another snatch and grab attempt. This time brown bread and jam, no amount of training will work, he won't even look at the food while I am looking, but the second I turn my back...nom nom nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Took dexter out on leash to sit at front door with me and friends Fri night to work on training him not to jump up. Settled down pretty quick and lay down quietly. Ten minutes later I go to get him up and the leash is slack, fecker chewed through it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

I lost count of the Number of leads and collars Jazz ate through or snapped as a puppy :confused:
    Thankfully she grew out of it :D

A toddler ran at Bailey last night with his two arms reaching out and hands opening and closing in grab mode lol!! :D He didn't flinch until the mammy came running after and almost ran into him!! :pac: :pac: This was outside btw..

• Advertisement

149890_174096709286991_100000599887582_545246_3613448_n.jpg

How cute!!

Also

321099_10150470194101189_191869176188_10819385_1276959088_n.jpg

And finally

374029_322784874415014_231633676863468_1330720_853008918_n.jpg

Been having some lovely things sent to Phoes FB account lately. These are my favourites. :)

I've been feeling very Christmassy lately. It's freezing and wet out and I'm broke! Yep definitely coming up to Christmas!

I have both cat and dog nose art, Ollie has decided if the cat can climb on the windowsill then so can he.
    I must find the pic I took, I come home and as the car pulls in his head appears in the window.

Found pic and posted in the pet pic thread.

Well after 5 and half weeks and 70 XL kongs filled with potato and salmon Robbies my crate rest kong factory has shut down!! :D No more making up kongs in advance like babies feeds lol :D The walks are going fine - we're up to 20-30 mins twice a day. He's had some time out of the crate in the house say for 30 mins at a time where's he's safe in the kitchen. So next step will be letting him out in the sitting room to see what he's like with jumping on and off the couches - hopefully he won't use them as trampolines like last year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Wow tk you are dedicated :D Andrea how is flo getting on?

Lexi puked at half 10, she was fed at half 5. Lying on the couch for few hours and then she jumps down and gets sick on the rug in front of the fire. Only piece of carpet downstairs and that's where she wanted to do it! Poor thing she isn't long after having the runs on and off for a few weeks and she lost 3kg so really don't want her going downhill again.

They're such a worry!

anyone got any tips on how to get dexter happy to use his kennel? put bed, blankets etc in, he's hopping in and out happy enough to get treats, but when it started raining, he didnt seem to consider it for shelter, and sat in the rain. Just a case of waiting it out?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭chris139ryan

Whispered wrote: »
    149890_174096709286991_100000599887582_545246_3613448_n.jpg

How cute!!

Also

321099_10150470194101189_191869176188_10819385_1276959088_n.jpg

And finally

374029_322784874415014_231633676863468_1330720_853008918_n.jpg

Been having some lovely things sent to Phoes FB account lately. These are my favourites. :)

I've been feeling very Christmassy lately. It's freezing and wet out and I'm broke! Yep definitely coming up to Christmas!
    I love them pics :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

My house is deathly quiet! The 3 girls are at the groomers for a pamper session and the big guy is curled up in his crate eating a bone... At least the parrot keeps whistling, barking and giving out so I don't feel completely abandoned :p

come home to a big lump under one of dexters eyes, off to the vet with us, hopefully its just a nasty bump, but i wanna make sure there isnt something in there causing the swelling.

Back from vet, checked teeth, and eye, figures it was just a nasty bump, gave him an anti inflammatory. There's tonights drinking money seriously dented :p

• Advertisement

zuroph wrote: »
    Back from vet, checked teeth, and eye, figures it was just a nasty bump, gave him an anti inflammatory. There's tonights drinking money seriously dented :p

Late late toy show is on tonight!! Surely you were not considering going out!! :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement