Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

• 13-11-2011 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭

No mention as of yet of a Dublin gig. rumours in the attached link. Maybe I am reading it in hope but it does sound possible.

Latest rumours are for the following:
    US & others

Orlando March-April
    New York March-April
    New Jersey March-April
    Sydney March

Europe

Sunderland Stadium Of Light May
    Manchester Etihad Stadium
    Hamburg May (June says latest rumor)
    Helsinki June
    Milano June (Rome, Firenze, Turin)
    Paris (Bercy 2 shows or Stade De France) early July
    Madrid July

http://www.greasylake.org/the-circuit/index.php?/topic/104635-blinded-by-the-rumors/

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Weirdly enough i was just watching this and last night and was hoping Bruce would be back next summer. Maybe Aviva instead of the RDS , although would love if he got booked for Slane :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Could be a real contender for Slane

nm wrote: »
    Could be a real contender for Slane

The only thing is , for the last few shows he has played have been promoted by Aiken which might mean he will keep working with them . However there are only 2 acts that would make me go to Slane and its Bruce and the Foo's

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Agh, really hope it isn't Slane to be honest. I like something a bit smaller.
    Please not the RDS though, the sound is something shocking in there.

I was hoping it would be the Foo's because I just simply don't want to have to go through the ordeal that is a gig in Slane again, but for Bruce I might. He does love the place.

Although would that trek and all those queues and standing in a field all day etc suit his audience?

• Advertisement

What about Pheonix Park? . Think there is rumours that Hard Rock Calling is Bruce/Kasabian/???? so maybe we could get a similar fest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

RDS is fine for Bruce....if you are in the pit. Not great otherwise.

Would Aiken promoting mean that Croker would be out? Then again the sound is not fantastic there either.

Let's hope he plays here if he does come. The venues on a tour (if he does do one) may well be limited.

dixiefly wrote: »
    RDS is fine for Bruce....if you are in the pit. Not great otherwise.

Would Aiken promoting mean that Croker would be out? Then again the sound is not fantastic there either.

Let's hope he plays here if he does come. The venues on a tour (if he does do one) may well be limited.

I think Croke Park is out of the question since they only do 3 gigs a year and Westlife and RHCP are booked in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Weirdly enough i was just watching this and last night and was hoping Bruce would be back next summer. Maybe Aviva instead of the RDS , although would love if he got booked for Slane :D:D

From what I have heard, there is some some of exclusivity deal with one promoter for the Aviva. Haven't seen it in print but the proof is pretty much in the pudding. Slane is also used exclusively, it would seem, by one promoter.

Springsteen has historically booked by another promoter which isn't the one in the paragraph above.

Yea Bruce was promoted by Aiken the last few years but you dont no how long they have a contract for , but i wouldnt be surprised if he stays with them on the next tour

Yea well the 2 acts that have played the Aviva (Micheal Buble/The Script) have been promoted by MCD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Bruce has played the RDS so many times now I really hope he tries out some other venues. Playing one night at Croker or Slane would save him doing two nights at the RDS too. Would love to see him play Slane next year. He should've done it this year to mark the 30th Anniversary.

Any word on a new album? I have been surprised he hasn't done a solo record seeing as he did back to back E Street albums and presumably the next one will be with them as well as the tour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Yea Bruce was promoted by Aiken the last few years but you dont no how long they have a contract for , but i wouldnt be surprised if he stays with them on the next tour

It seems to be driven by the relationship that the promoter has with the agent of the artist.
    Yea well the 2 acts that have played the Aviva (Micheal Buble/The Script) have been promoted by MCD

Neil Diamond as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭michaelduignan

I'd love another seeger sessions!

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭CiaranK

I'd love to see him in the O2. That is the only indoor venue he'd play. I would be a nice change from the RDS, better than Slane. But it'll probably be the RDS again. It depends what kind of stuff he does on the tour. Solo, Seeger sessions, or a something new. It was hinted at that the new album could have soul stuff on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

CiaranK wrote: »
    It was hinted at that the new album could have soul stuff on it.

Please God, NO! I couldn't take another Human Town/Lucky Touch style tour. :D

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

we got rumours that he might play Lissadell House here in Sligo too over the summer :D

Seems there's plenty talk about him coming to Ireland for 2012 ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056087044

That topic was from 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

so it was :o, seems a year has flown past without me realising :eek:

Well, things are starting to heat up down on E Street.

A lot of you have been hearing that Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will be on tour in 2012. That is absolutely correct. The European dates run from the middle of May until end of July and are being announced this week. Info on the US dates and the World tour dates will coming up shortly.

In addition, we want you to know that the music is almost done (but still untitled), we have almost settled on the release date (but not quite yet), and that we are all incredibly excited about everything that we're planning for 2012. That's all the info we have for right now, but we'll get back to you--real soon.

http://brucespringsteen.net/

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

cant wait for this already :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Excellent news. I just hope it's not the RDS again. Seen him there four times now so a change in venue would be great. Slane next year would be perfect.:D

Looking good....

http://www.livenation.co.uk/artist/bruce-springsteen-and-the-e-street-band-tickets?omq=springsteen

Havent heard anything about a Dublin date yet but surely it must be included. Otherwise a road trip will be planned.

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band have announced their UK return in 2012 with a trio of huge summer headline shows taking place in Sunderland, Manchester and London.

The Boss will headline next summer's Hard Rock Calling on Sunday July 14th, the Isle of Wight Festival on Sunday June 24th and will play two headline shows at Sunderland's Stadium of Light and Manchester's Etihad Stadium days prior to the IoW slot.

The new dates will be the first UK shows since for Bruce Springsteen since his triumphant performance at Hard Rock Calling in 2009 which received much acclaim from both critics and fans alike.

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band UK Tour Dates are as follows:

Thursday June 21st 2012 - Sunderland Stadium of Light
    Friday June 22nd 2012 - Manchester Etihad Stadium
    Sunday June 24th 2012 - Isle of Wight Festival

Saturday July 14th 2012 - Hard Rock Calling, London Hyde Park

Tickets go on sale 10am on Saturday 3rd December priced at £60+fees for London and £55+fees for Sunderland and Manchester shows. Support acts are yet to be confirmed.

I would like to get an indication of any Irish date before arranging a UK trip.

Is Slane a possibility or does it come down to promoters?

dixiefly wrote: »
    I would like to get an indication of any Irish date before arranging a UK trip.

Is Slane a possibility or does it come down to promoters?

Comes down to promoter , so if he goes back with Aiken he wont be at Slane. He seems he is also doing Stadium shows in the UK so wouldnt mind maybe a Aviva date

July 11th and 12th, RDS, according to @McCarthyMick on twitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Steamer

So excited. Hope to hear soon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Chinafoot wrote: »
    So happy!

Not as happy as the aul fella, I'd say :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

nm wrote: »
    July 11th and 12th, RDS, according to @McCarthyMick on twitter

Those dates are exactly the same dates from 2009, so I'd take that with a pinch of salt.

As well, what happened in 2008 and 2009 is that one date was announced and other dates were added as demand was proven.

Advertisement