Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colder weather 16th Nov ----->

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

TheFairy wrote: »
    This still on the cards?

unless the models change, no

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

GavinH wrote: »
    Every year about this time, I get on boards to see whats coming for the winter. Living in Cork as everyone knows we get relatively little snow. Anyway I happy to report that this year I will be seeing plenty of snow, as myself and the family are moving to Utah. :)

GavinH, you may not know the more traditional customs of the boardsies living abroad yet, but I feel obliged to tell you about them.
    You see, folks in Ireland would wait in eager anticipation on the postman who would be delivering a box from far flung places..... gifts of all sorts of wonderful things would come out of these boxes.... things we couldn't get here...... Ahem... so..... I was thinking... that since you are going to be out where there is lots of snow.... that you could... out of the sheer kindness of your heart... arrange to send SNOW parcels here to a few snow starved boardsies in the Weather Forum! These poor creatures are in serious withdrawal and their supply of snow in their natural habit is not guaranteed. Please please please do all you can to support this worthy tradition.

Psst..Boardies.... this is where you sign up for the snow supply.... P & P extra :P

P.S best of luck to you and your family on your move..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Gimme a full snow forecast from the 16th please, this thread has been running for days now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

im sooooooooooooooo confused

what is happening???

dont give me a chart with numbers i dont understand. tell me whether i need wellies or sun tan??? do i need skies or speedos???

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Caitriona

Icky Thump wrote: »
    tell me whether i need wellies or sun tan??? do i need skies or speedos???

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

Caitriona wrote: »
    Yes.

ah i see what you did there:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Icky Thump wrote: »
    im sooooooooooooooo confused

what is happening???

dont give me a chart with numbers i dont understand. tell me whether i need wellies or sun tan??? do i need skies or speedos???

Its going to be mild with Irish amounts of wind and rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Ah now here where did all the rowdy people fall into the weather forum from?

Zis Iz Z Zveahter Forumz , Zwe are Allz a Happy Bunch , Zlease relaz and enjoyz z rollercoazter like z everzyone elze.... Zanka... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭pauldry

Think this thread is dead and needs to close im off to fantasy island

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

pauldry wrote: »
    Think this thread is dead and needs to close im off to fantasy island

The thread was opened on the basis of a single run of the GEM in FI without other model agreement. it was dead when it was opened.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭je55ie

However a thread similar to this roughly same time last year was started by darkman2 and we all know how that turned out, no harm in it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Did anyone else just see the feature one daily show on RTE1?? It said very heavy snow and sub zero temperatures are forecast for 2 weeks time? I'm in Co. Derry, i'm quite high up and we've had a few hours of snow already! Yay :)

WHAAAT??!!!

Ah now I get it - first time poster....interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭only one

Really ? Did a forecaster say it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

leahyl wrote: »
    Thanks Darkman2! It's starting to get really exciting now! Like last year! :-D

F**k off snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Now now, be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Conor30

Did anyone else just see the feature one daily show on RTE1?? It said very heavy snow and sub zero temperatures are forecast for 2 weeks time? I'm in Co. Derry, i'm quite high up and we've had a few hours of snow already! Yay :)

No, didn't see that. I wonder where they were basing their information on! Hopefully, there's something in that and that they weren't just reiterating (sometimes rather unreliable) secondary sources such as Daily Express weather articles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭noworries

How close are you to Coleraine?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Gees can I not post for the first time without getting attacked :p No i've just been looking at this forum for a while now hoping for snow lol Yeah It just said that on the Daily show and I thought it might interest some of you. I don't know if its true though so don't shoot the messenger. I'd be so happy if it was though.

Im not sure where they are getting that info from, BUT according to this mornings ECMWF run there is signs of cold in fi, and looking at the latest UKMO run that Azores high is sitting in a nice position, the only model not playing ball is the GSF model for cold, Hopefully the ECMWF wont agree with the GSF on this evenings 12z run

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

F**k off snow.

Its great to see you back mickey with your **** posts :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Daily Show is of course a well known source of insightful meteorology

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

yes i heard, i coundn't belive it when they said that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Mike65- who said the daily show is an insightful source of meteorology?? I certainly did not!!

Definitely not a regular to the oul weather forum :rolleyes:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭pauldry

http://www.snow-forecast.com/maps/dynamic/europe

you must be above 3000 whats your exact address?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Conor30

pauldry wrote: »
    http://www.snow-forecast.com/maps/dynamic/europe

you must be above 3000 whats your exact address?

:pac: They don't mean today or yesterday, they're talking about the snow Derry got about 3 weeks ago!:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

The thread was opened on the basis of a single run of the GEM in FI without other model agreement. it was dead when it was opened.

Erm, no, it was not. I cannot decipher the chaos theory. If you are a Mystic Meg then go ahead. If not you put up your forecasts and your money where your mouth is. I won't have a good giggle. I know how difficult it is to forecast at this distance. I accept this was clearly wrong. But I have been right more times then wrong on here. I make no apology for this forecast at all. It was an honest assessment of what was available at the time.

FWIW, those maybe disappointed, it's a mere delay IMO anyway. I will give my thoughts later today on where we are. Maybe it is time other posters did (or at least tried) the same instead of relying on 2 or 3 of us constantly who then get insulted by said others when things go wrong. Weather is not a perfect science. It is by it's nature chaotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

darkman2 wrote: »
    Erm, no, it was not. I cannot decipher the chaos theory. If you are a Mystic Meg then go ahead. If not you put up your forecasts and your money where your mouth is. I won't have a good giggle. I know how difficult it is to forecast at this distance. I accept this was clearly wrong. But I have been right more times then wrong on here. I make no apology for this forecast at all. It was an honest assessment of what was available at the time.

FWIW, those maybe disappointed, it's a mere delay IMO anyway. I will give my thoughts later today on where we are. Maybe it is time other posters did (or at least tried) the same instead of relying on 2 or 3 of us constantly who then get insulted by said others when things go wrong. Weather is not a perfect science. It is by it's nature chaotic.

In fairness darkman that rarely if ever happens around here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

darkman2 wrote: »
    Maybe it is time other posters did (or at least tried) the same instead of relying on 2 or 3 of us constantly who then get insulted by said others when things go wrong. Weather is not a perfect science. It is by it's nature chaotic.

Nobody has been insulted as far as I can see, but if you always try to be the first in with a sensationalist thread title weeks in advance, then you do leave yourself open to being wrong. And you also don't like people questioning you, such as I did in the other thread. If anything, that's insulting to me, when the recorded figures back me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Snowc wrote: »
    Its great to see you back mickey with your **** posts :rolleyes:

Meh. Its not a ***** post. If you went through what I went through in the snow of '09, you wouldn't be making remarks like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Going by MT's latest forecast as of this morning, you may forget about any decent cooling trend for the next 10-14 days, which really rules out November for cold weather and snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Well tomorrow is the 16th and the cold hasn't materialised this time!
    Time to close the thread and move our discussions to winter thread?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement