Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colder weather 16th Nov ----->

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

gbee wrote: »
    But, in any event, WE DON'T actually MAKE the weather, though, that said I'm buying some snow shoes and polishing my shrine to Godess KHIONE.

299795_10150473699396718_631736717_11116573_1904274230_n.jpg

:D:D:D :cool::cool::cool: :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Iancar29 wrote: »
    299795_10150473699396718_631736717_11116573_1904274230_n.jpg

:D:D:D :cool::cool::cool: :pac::pac::pac:

Ohh they look nice.... linky please ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Ohh they look nice.... linky please ? :)

I got them in The Great Outdoors shop just off Grafton St. , i was able to get a discount there.

At normal price the Boots wer 55 and the thermals 60 ( GOOD QUALITY TOP AND BOTTOMS ) ... I bought them for my trip to Sweden in Jan. :D

baraca wrote: »
    Are you for real or what ian? How is that trolling he's expressing an opinion which he is perfectly entitled to. You try get around in 2 foot of snow in a wheelchair.

I love snow as much as anyone here, But some people don't.

I hope Im not being bad but I did some googling to see whats out there for those in wheelchairs when it comes to bad weather. There have to be places in the world were regardless of snow / weather conditions people in wheelchairs just have to get about. This is what I came across.... :eek:

TankChair: http://tankchair.net/store/tank-chair-store
    23rpjx0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I hope Im not being bad but I did some googling to see whats out there for those in wheelchairs when it comes to bad weather. There have to be places in the world were regardless of snow / weather conditions people in wheelchairs just have to get about. This is what I came across.... :eek:

23rpjx0.jpg

Some of us can't afford to buy things like that. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Some of us can't afford to buy things like that. :mad:

Do you want us to do something for you? We didn't band together and dump tonnes of snow on you out of spite or something.

I can't actually help it if it snows on you, it snows. Solutions are available. Maybe we can start a fundraising drive, I'll put in my €2.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Hey lads-an allyear rounder here. Dont post too much but a daily follower. Give mental mickey a wee break lads. He was a star bar here last year , during the snow despite it being impossible for him to get around.I love everyones comments ( apart from Eoin - sweet jesus ban him again this year ) Im panicing about starting a new job & how my poxy tyres will have me in a tizzy getting there ,where its no joke for him trying to do normal stuff with his wheels .... Fair is fair lads.

Tks Jen.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kwik

baraca wrote: »
    Are you for real or what ian? How is that trolling he's expressing an opinion which he is perfectly entitled to. You try get around in 2 foot of snow in a wheelchair.

I love snow as much as anyone here, But some people don't.

23rpjx0.jpg

Just dont think its funny pal sorry. And i no it wasnt ment to be. Im a full time carer and as much as i love snow it can be a bitch to get around in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

lucy2010 wrote: »
    Hey lads-an allyear rounder here. Dont post too much but a daily follower. Give mental mickey a wee break lads. He was a star bar here last year , during the snow despite it being impossible for him to get around.I love everyones comments ( apart from Eoin - sweet jesus ban him again this year ) Im panicing about starting a new job & how my poxy tyres will have me in a tizzy getting there ,where its no joke for him trying to do normal stuff with his wheels .... Fair is fair lads.

Tks Jen.

Well said lucy, Some people on here need to grow up.

kwik wrote: »
    Just dont think its funny pal sorry. And i no it wasnt ment to be. Im a full time carer and as much as i love snow it can be a bitch to get around in.

Your right, I wasnt trying to be funny. I had a google and thats what popped up. I couldnt believe it so I thought Id share. I have no doubt in my mind that those with disabilities have it harder when the weather is bad. Unfortunately we cant help that. All we can do is try and help them out where possible by getting to the shops etc etc....

On a side note. I have huge admiration for you kwik being a full time carer. I have a member of my family who works as a carer and I also have experience as a volunteer working with the mentally disabled and its no easy job, fair play to you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Could mods please close this thread or change the title. It is out of date. The only thing that went cold on the 16th was the title and purpose of the thread. It is making the weather forum look dated every time it pops back to the top of the list, just like I have made it do now.

Maybe someone could start a thread about the problems that some people experience in the snow. And 'maybe', we could be nice to each other:)

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    Maybe someone could start a thread about the problems that some people experience in the snow.

In humanities it'd be a perfect topic too tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Definately agree with, Wolf. Out the back in a t-shirt today, can't find my handheld temp/humidity gauge anyway to get a rough reading.

can't find my handheld temp/humidity gauge anyway to get a rough reading.

What one do you have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Yeah, think you're right Wolf. This was a false alarm, but I'm sure there'll be plenty of real ones in the next few months.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement