Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tune ID?(Need help on finding a tune name? post here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

Cianh wrote: »
    don't have real player and my comp is bad enough without adding more programs to it. do you remember the time and day? some of the playfm lads put tracklists up http://playfmdublin.com or drop an email to whoever was on maybe?

You'll have to check the schedule and then go to the dj pages to find the tracklists

Ive already mailed some of the DJs I know but no luck. Unfortunately I don't remember the time or day. Play lacks big time when you try get a tune ID. (constructive criticism lads) Its not just me who thinks so.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Cianh

Throw us a frickin' bone here man!
    Rip it to wav or MP3 yourself and put it up on youtube or a free soundcloud account if you want anyone to have a listen. Nobody who knows or cares about their computer is going to have real player on it.

lol
    Ive already mailed some of the DJs I know but no luck. Unfortunately I don't remember the time or day. Play lacks big time when you try get a tune ID. (constructive criticism lads) Its not just me who thinks so.

I know what you mean... you'd be listening away on a weekend and next thing the dj tells you its wednesday afternoon. Loads of podcasts. Great station though

milltown wrote: »
    Throw us a frickin' bone here man!
    Rip it to wav or MP3 yourself and put it up on youtube or a free soundcloud account if you want anyone to have a listen. Nobody who knows or cares about their computer is going to have real player on it.

I hear what you are saying yes but real player is in no way damaging or harmful if you have your privacy settings sorted. I know and care about my computer ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭francois

Use the open source alternative-no bloatware and low resource user

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/real_alternative.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭techyjon

JG009 wrote: »

Thats the same vocal but ****e track. I remember seeing that vocal as acapaella on MP3 somewhere so its probably in hundreds of tracks

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bobbytables

I found an old tune that I had when I was a teenager but can't for the life of me remember what it was called:

Skip to:
    0:25:40

Can anyone help me out? Cheers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭DannyKing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

well lads, a mid 90's (house) tune that pops into my head every so often, has a vocal something like:
    'what you want (oooh yeah), what you need (ah aaaha), what you do(?) (oh yeah)... why dont you tell me, what you want....'

any ideas? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Anyone any idea's on this one? (not the 'Blame - Music Takes You' tune the other one)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

well lads, a mid 90's (house) tune that pops into my head every so often, has a vocal something like:
    'what you want (oooh yeah), what you need (ah aaaha), what you do(?) (oh yeah)... why dont you tell me, what you want....'

any ideas? cheers

This it (cracking tune anyway) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

mordeith wrote: »
    This it (cracking tune anyway) :D

Nice tune! have not heard this in ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 song1

Does anyone know what this song is called? I know it's only 3 seconds but that's all i've got..:)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbIAXQ3DR94&context=C3ea314aADOEgsToPDskLfdCKzdm2irt3JNF5_1j6T
    Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Jim_Kiy

Yeah..pm with with payment and I'll tell you.
    No sorry, sounds funky though..hope you get a better answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Have you tried shazam or soundhound on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Long time lurker here, i bring you my tune id request!

I was in the gym where they play cds of mostly dance music, up tempo stuff. Didn't have my phone for shazam, but figured i could use the net to find the song i heard, but to no avail. I should have asked in the gym.

The lyric i could make out was either 'Come on baby get involved' or 'come on get inv.....' - It was NOT 'Cmon get it on by Studio B'.

If i'm honest, the beat sounded like an old fashioned dot printer, but i liked it!

Way out there i realise, but any suggestions welcome!

Heard and abslute summer gem there yesterday on Playfm dublin about 8.40pm.

I think it was male vocals and they went something like "Im singing about house music" and there was plenty of piano. It sounded a little like this.....but more housey and less beatboxy. I hope someone gets it!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=344OpaQCAQI&list=FLwR1bX56qDOrgZ8ji2fdWpQ&feature=mh_lolz

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

okay, hard house tune, was on the last night of the ormond tape 2, has samples from james browne. lirics seem to be, can i turn it up okay, groovin doin it you know, 1 2 3 4, thanks in advance.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

okay, hard house tune, was on the last night of the ormond tape 2, has samples from james browne. lirics seem to be, can i turn it up okay, groovin doin it you know, 1 2 3 4, thanks in advance.

?

I think it was male vocals and they went something like "Im singing about house music" and there was plenty of piano. It sounded a little like this.....but more housey and less beatboxy. I hope someone gets it!!!

• Advertisement

No it was newer than that, I thought that one might get suggested, thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

i have that hard house tune at my ma's.

i cant see the youtube videos posted in work, but the one i have goes like this

"i want to get into man you know, move it, doin it ya know, 1,2,3,4, do it like a sex machine man" some sh1t like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=344OpaQCAQI&list=FLwR1bX56qDOrgZ8ji2fdWpQ&feature=mh_lolz

Eddie Amador's "House Music" perhaps? Check some of the mixes if not this (the original), by Full Intention and Deep Dish from memory....

did the vocal say something like 'we are the sons of house' and maybe something like 'we are bringing it to your soul 24/7' (not sure about that second bit) it was played at around 8.20 this (monday) evening on play. cant find it but you could email them. the schedule says sarah dee was on then.

Can anyone ID the tune from 28 mins onwards here...

http://soundcloud.com/djmixes/sebastien-bouchet-kompakt

my comment is in the breakdown.

prob best described as deep techno or tech house

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

I know I've heard it before but I just can't place it. I thought it might be a DVS1 track or a Klock remix but I don't think it is. It's doing my head in. I'll get back to you if I get it

Eddie Amador's "House Music" perhaps? Check some of the mixes if not this (the original), by Full Intention and Deep Dish from memory....

Not it but gettn closer.

Cianh wrote: »
    did the vocal say something like 'we are the sons of house' and maybe something like 'we are bringing it to your soul 24/7' (not sure about that second bit) it was played at around 8.20 this (monday) evening on play. cant find it but you could email them. the schedule says sarah dee was on then.

Its possible, I already emailed them. I find thats where play lacks, they never get back to you :)

• Advertisement

Can anyone throw a few suggestions out there for this one? I really really need it!

Advertisement