Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Trade Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

What? This makes no sense. There is a difference between cancelling lob sided trades to get one up on someone or personal gain and cancelling trades for someone who went into the trade for at the time equal players then trying to weasel out because they didnt do their homework on the player.

But either way I think things like this should go to a vote of each of that leagues members because cases like this are going to be rare.

Well the reasoning is that they should pay the price for not doing the homework on the player, but surely then we should allow lopsided trades by idiots who don't know that, say, Derrick Mason isn't worth as much as, say, Calvin Johnson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

matthew8 wrote: »
    Well the reasoning is that they should pay the price for not doing the homework on the player, but surely then we should allow lopsided trades by idiots who don't know that, say, Derrick Mason isn't worth as much as, say, Calvin Johnson.

Well you see with lob sided trades for the most part the two parties know what they are doing and then play dumb after. You shouldn't be playing or even attempting to trade if you haven't a clue what you are doing. That is why screening for dodgy trades are more important than trades that are clearly just face palms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

matthew8 wrote: »

lopsided trades can be either intentional or unintentional. The intentional ones usually involve one team in contention and the other team out of it and the lower team will send a strong player to the team in contention to strengthen their challenge whilst sending a minor player the other way. I'm sure nobody wants to an opponent get an advantage like that. These are the trades that need to be cancelled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

lopsided trades can be either intentional or unintentional. The intentional ones usually involve one team in contention and the other team out of it and the lower team will send a strong player to the team in contention to strengthen their challenge whilst sending a minor player the other way. I'm sure nobody wants to an opponent get an advantage like that. These are the trades that need to be cancelled.

And ONLY these trades IMO, and it should be very clear. (Trading Aaron Rodgers for Roy Helu...)

Otherwise I'm happy enough for any trade to go through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭ashdale5

ashdale5 wrote: »
    Alright lads, thanks for all the advice last week. I'm back with a new trade connundrum for a different league I'm in. see what you think of this -

My Roster
    QB Brady
    RB Green-Ellis, McGahee, Ingram, Battle
    WR Megatron, Colston, Smith (CAR), Jones (GB), Brown (PIT)
    TE Hernandez

I approached CJ2K's owner to see if he had any interest in trading him and he's come back and said he's do it for one of Megatron or Colston. obvioulsy I won't give up Megatron but I am tempted to deal Colston.

Thoughts?

Hi lads. I'm back with my weekly fantasy drama :)

I've finally pulled off a trade in the above league (must start 3 WR) which landed me SJax for Colston which I thought was a good deal for me.
    I had picked up Jacobs as well when I heard Bradshaw was hurt but it looks like he'll play now.

Anyway it looks like I'm not too bad at RB after the trade but Smith and Megatron are on byes so looking to deal for a WR.

I've offered another owner Ingram for DeSean Jackson which he didn't go for but he has offered Holmes for either Ingram or Battle. This was before Ingram got injured so I've asked him to confirm he's still willing to do the Ingram deal. If he' still up for it what do the forum guru's reckon? I think I should go for it.

Once again thanks for all the help lads.

I'd give up Battle for Holmes with your RBs

No question

Dodge wrote: »
    I'd give up Battle for Holmes with your RBs

No question

Would you do Ingram for Holmes?

Would you do Ingram for Holmes?

Yep, Don't rate Ingram at all (and I'm a saints fan)

I'd rank them

1) Holmes (primary receiver in a half decent team. Not great this year but I expect him to improve)
    2) Battle (primary rusher but he looks poor enough when I see him)
    3) Ingram (Now down to 3rd RB in NO? Sproles No 1 and Pierre Thomas is coming back into the line more each week)

The question really is whether Battle will be your no 2 RB more than you'll play Holmes at WR. it close enough

I wouldn't give up Battle. The last 3 games he averaged 19 carries and had 119 76 and 70 yards on the ground and 1 TD. They play the Fish this weekend and the only thing the fish are good at is taking the lead and stopping themselves. Battle is due more carries also. The Chiefs will continue to show more faith in the lad. And he averages 4.7 per carry this season.

Dump Ingram. He hasn't done enough and Battle will easily get more points than him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Do people even bother looking at the other persons team before offering a trade?

Someone wanted Drew Brees and Antonio Gates off me and offered Romo (downgrade on Brees), Olsen (downgrade on Gates) and Daniel Thomas (despite me already having Foster, Mendenhall + Battle).

Seriously, why would I accept that? :confused:

Yep, Don't rate Ingram at all (and I'm a saints fan)

I'd rank them

1) Holmes (primary receiver in a half decent team. Not great this year but I expect him to improve)
    2) Battle (primary rusher but he looks poor enough when I see him)
    3) Ingram (Now down to 3rd RB in NO? Sproles No 1 and Pierre Thomas is coming back into the line more each week)

The question really is whether Battle will be your no 2 RB more than you'll play Holmes at WR. it close enough

I'd be more inclined to let Ingram go rather than Battle to be honest.

I'll put the lot of them on the trading block anyway and see what comes back.

edit - the other owner has come back and said he'll accept Ingram.

I'd be more inclined to let Ingram go rather than Battle to be honest

To be clear, of the 3, INgram is the player I'd like least ;)

1st offer in - Lance Moore for Jacobs from a Bradshaw owner.

And I've also got an offer in my other league (the TE debacle one) - I get Mathews and give up Maclin.

That's some league you're in ashdale. I'm in 4 and have been offered one trade all season.

Good work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

someone offered me Bradford for Cam this week :-/ wtf?

• Advertisement

Idiocy. Some people don't know how to propose trades at all and think as long as it's mathetmatically fair - i.e. 1 for 1, or even 3 for 2, that you'll automatically accept.

That's some league you're in ashdale. I'm in 4 and have been offered one trade all season.

Good work

Ha ha I just pester owners with emails until they relent :)

Cam Newton wrote: »
    Idiocy. Some people don't know how to propose trades at all and think as long as it's mathetmatically fair - i.e. 1 for 1, or even 3 for 2, that you'll automatically accept.

The Prem is generally alright for non idiotic trades. There is some questionable ones every now and again but for the most part the are outside the complete an utter moron box.

Have to agree with you though some of the leagues im in I get the weirdest retarded trade offers ever. If they offered them in the paid leagues im in they would be turfed next season for being so silly :D

I dont get why fantasy is such rocket science to some. Even as a newbie to it you should be up on it after the first month of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

I've offer like a trade a day, every day to people, but people seem to fall in love with their players and don't switch even if it benefits their team xD

I'm baaack :)

For once I've been offered a trade - Cedric Benson for Roddy White

Current roster flex league

QB Romo, Eli

RB MJD, Wells, Felix Jones, Ogbonnaya

WR White, Bowe, Manningham (thanks to advice from here), Burress, DHB, Robinson (DAL)

TE Henandez

With Well's injury I'm really struggling for RB's but White seems a lot to give up.

• Advertisement

QB Romo, Eli

WR White, Bowe, Manningham (thanks to advice from here), Burress, DHB, Robinson (DAL)

TE Henandez

With Well's injury I'm really struggling for RB's but White seems a lot to give up.

Before you say yes or no wait until after todays Practices as Jones is making good progress and they will know tonight our time if he has any chance of making Sundays game.

Before you say yes or no wait until after todays Practices as Jones is making good progress and they will know tonight our time if he has any chance of making Sundays game.

Even if he plays I'd still be worried about Jones production with Murray playing well in Dallas.

The other owner also has McGahee, Mendenhall and Greene so maybe I could try and get McGahee instead?

Plus the fact Felix Jones is rubbish. I loved Roddy White. Own him in as many leagues as I could get my hands on him. Bit of a disappointment tbh, and with Julio Jones approaching full fitness again, I'd trade him for Benson (who I don't really rate but I can't argue with his production)

The other owner also has McGahee, Mendenhall and Greene so maybe I could try and get McGahee instead?

I'd do this tbh, ask for McGahee or Mendenhall (in that order).

Plus the fact Felix Jones is rubbish. I loved Roddy White. Own him in as many leagues as I could get my hands on him. Bit of a disappointment tbh, and with Julio Jones approaching full fitness again, I'd trade him for Benson (who I don't really rate but I can't argue with his production)

He was gaining 4 yards per carry before his injury. In fact he was actually starting to look good before he got injured. Even with Murray he will share carries and Jones is very effective out of the backfield on passing plays which could add a few extra points.

Benson is good against the poorer teams but his next 2 games are the Steelers and Ravens. In fact they have the Steelers twice in their next 4 games. With Dalton favouring the Pass with Green and Simpson on fire Benson might not be the big earner over the next few games. Benson has only got 2 games over 100 yards this season.

With the Falcons playing the saints titans Vikings and Carolina in their next 4 games White could see more action. If the Saints key in on Jones it might open up White but even then if the Falcons have to chase the game expect Ryan to throw the ball a lot and the Saints have shown to give up yards in the air as have Tennessee and the Vikings are the 3 worst team defending the pass. Houston are the only consistent team of the 3 defending the pass.

In our Fantasy setup excluding the suspension Benson has an Average of 8.5 pts per week. White has 7.5 but White has the easier of the 2 remaining schedules. Food for thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

was offered benson for my wr colston.....

benson has pittsburgh, home and away, baltimore at home and cleveland.

that said bengals are 6-2 and leading both baltimore and pittsburgh....

whatcha think people? I need RB's badly....

Jeez that's a hard call. I genuinely can't pick, but I recommend you deal Owen Daniels, you may get a RB for him, or Colston's replacement if you accept the trade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Cheers for accepting...i think itll work well for both of us.

Trade wont go tru till saturday. If there is a game on Thursday, how do i setup my lineup so Colston starts on Sunday?

Hazys wrote: »
    Cheers for accepting...i think itll work well for both of us.

Trade wont go tru till saturday. If there is a game on Thursday, how do i setup my lineup so Colston starts on Sunday?

The Thursday game only affects players on Thursday.

Guys if anyone in division 5 is desperate at qb I'll give you Palmer for a very very very low price.

• Advertisement

A Bradshaw owner has offered me Lance Moore for Jacobs which I've turned down. He's come back asking what I want for him. Here's his roster -
    QB Rodgers, Eli
    RB Bradshaw, Starks, Bush, Mathews
    WR Wallace, Nelson, Harvin, Moore
    TE Daniels, Celek

My roster is
    QB Brady
    RB Green-Ellis, McGahee, SJax, Jacobs, Battle
    WR Megatron, Holmes, Smith (CAR), Jones (GB), Brown (PIT)
    TE Hernandez

What can I realistically expect to get from him? I'm thinking Nelson or Harvin? Or just stand pat?

Let me know when I start bugging ye with all my trade dilemas.

jordy or david nelson?

Tbh i like your wr's. He wont give wallace, Be it either nelson or harvin would be a bit of an improvement on your 3rd wr. but..

I'd offer brady + jacobs for rodgers and see what happens :P

jordy or david nelson?

Sorry Jordy Nelson (GB)

Should also have added that he's top of my division so maybe I should leave him swing for Jacobs.

QB Romo, Eli

TE Henandez

Hi guys. Would any of you give up White plus one of the QB's for Forte if you had the roster above? Not sure if I can pull it off but Forte's owner has been snifing around for a QB. Alternatively, I think I could persuade him to part with Murray for White straight up.

Again, thanks for all the advice.

I'd bargain with him, offer Jacobs, Holmes + Moore for Mike Wallace.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

Haha apologies that was my good self, i was annoyed that Bradford missed the game against New Orleans and had seen that you were seeking a trade for him on the waiver (its my first year) basically just wanted rid as Rodgers was out for the bye week, if he had of played i would have won that game week as i was narrowly defeated! smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,934 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Which side of this deal would you like to be on?

Rob Gronkowski and Eric Decker

for

Roddy White and Antonio Gates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

eagle eye wrote: »

for

Well I've had Gronkowski and White both this season. Gronk has over-performed while Roddy has under-performed.

White seems to have recovered from the injury that has plagued him all season. I'll be expecting a serious improvement from him in the next few games. He has the ability to have a real stand-out week, beating all others. He needs the targets though.

On the other hand, Gronkowski is almost guaranteed a decent score. He has Tom Brady throwing to him. Last week he got 16 points. Not a bad score for a TE and he's already got 4 games in double digits and one 9.4 game.

I'm not really sure when you factor in the other two really but if you don't have Jimmy Graham on your team then I'd prefer to be getting in Gronkowski.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »

for

AGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHh! That trade wrecks my head. Roddy White and Antonio Gates, both when healthy extremely good at fantasy and both very good last year. It depends on where your team is. If you want to get a guaranteed no. 2 wideout and guaranteed TE starter going into the playoffs I'd rather the Gronk and Decker. But if you need some upgrades to simply get to the playoffs I'd rather get Gates and White.

OK lads I need some serious advice today (for a change). I rejected the Benson for White deal and benson's owner has come back with this proposal -

I get - Mendenhall and Baldwin (WR) KC
    He gets - White and Felix Jones

My roster

QB Romo, Eli

TE Hernandez

His roster -

QB Newton

RB McGahee, Mendenhall, Greene, Benson (he's traded him for Murray now though)

WR Smith (CAR) Johnson (BUF) Baldwin, Ford, Smith (BAL)

TE Gates, Davis

I'm thinking maybe asking for Smith (BAL) instead of Baldwin?

Well I've had Gronkowski and White both this season. Gronk has over-performed while Roddy has under-performed.

What makes you think that? I'd say he's performing as expected.

I get - Mendenhall and Baldwin (WR) KC
    He gets - White and Felix Jones

Baldwin has one decent game. In the other 2 games he's played he's had once catch

Mendenhall has gone over 10 points only 3 times, and only gone over 70 yards once.

White is the only good player in the deal, and I wouldn't do it

Baldwin has one decent game. In the other 2 games he's played he's had once catch

Mendenhall has gone over 10 points only 3 times, and only gone over 70 yards once.

White is the only good player in the deal, and I wouldn't do it

Would you do it for McGahee instead of Mendenhall?

Maybe

That'd leave your RBs as; MJD, McGahee, Wells
    WRs; Bowe, manningham, PLax and a bunch of guys who may/may not play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Cam Newton wrote: »
    What makes you think that? I'd say he's performing as expected.

My total lack of knowledge of most players in the NFL. First time playing so I was naively going by the projected scores for the whole season.

He was projected for 76 points and Dallas Clark was going to be my starting TE. Gronkowski racked up 57 points in his first 3 weeks, is now on 95 overall and has started every week. That's more points than White who was tipped as a top-3 WR in pre-season.

In my view that's over-achieving but I don't know enough about him or the game to say that everyone else should believe it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

My total lack of knowledge of most players in the NFL. First time playing so I was naively going by the projected scores for the whole season.

He was projected for 76 points and Dallas Clark was going to be my starting TE. Gronkowski racked up 57 points in his first 3 weeks, is now on 95 overall and has started every week. That's more points than White who was tipped as a top-3 WR in pre-season.

In my view that's over-achieving but I don't know enough about him or the game to say that everyone else should believe it.

Once it became clear Tom Brady was using both his tight-ends as primary receivers (which we had already seen to a degree last year) it was clear both of them were going to be very good options, it's hard to make a value case for any of the receivers over Gronkowski and Hernandez at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

I see Stompers in Div 1 is in the market for a QB now that Matt Schaub is out for the season.

Frankly a time sharing Jackie Battle, Deon Branch or an injured Miles Austin are a joke of players to put on the block in search for a QB.

None of them have even scored more than a top 25 QB. Stompers you need to offer more.

Ive offered you Big Ben for Ray Rice. Fair trade based on points.

Honestly if anybody offers you a QB for Battle, Austin or Branch there are clueless and I will defo be voting against such a trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blured

D3PO wrote: »
    Honestly if anybody offers you a QB for Battle, Austin or Branch there are clueless and I will defo be voting against such a trade.

Nothing to do with me (Im in Division 3) but is that not a complete abuse of the voting against a trade functionality? IMO only trades that are dodgy (i.e. AP & Megatron for Hillis and Ochocino) should be voted against.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Blured wrote: »
    Nothing to do with me (Im in Division 3) but is that not a complete abuse of the voting against a trade functionality? IMO only trades that are dodgy (i.e. AP & Megatron for Hillis and Ochocino) should be voted against.

well to me that would be a dodgy trade hense a veto. Offering to trade away your bench rubbish for a starting QB isnt reasonable.

Battle (a nothing running back in a committee), Branch (4th choice recieving option in New England) or Austin (injured) dont stack up to any decent QB's so I think that is a reasonable veto.

where as the Welker for Newton trade ealier this year in the division wasnt vetoed becasue it was a reasonable trade.

• Advertisement
Advertisement