Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to now for Sean Gallagher?

Options
  • 30-10-2011 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

As Gallagher ponders what might have been on Friday, I wonder what he will put himself to now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭dabestman1

chief fundraiser for fianna fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

RTÉ take in failed politicians

George Lee can get him something

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭swampgas

Maybe he can set up a new party, transfer the assets of Fianna Fáil to it, but leave all the debts and liabilities behind ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

He should go on Dragon's Den to convince the investors that his business model of charging €5,000 to fill out a grant application form is viable and will have lots of takers.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

Bouncer at Coppers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Heard he was moving in here

Fianna Fáil Headquarters
    65-66 Lower Mount Street
    Dublin 2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭maddragon

Sean who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

If he was able to con over half a million complete dolts into giving him their first preference, I don't think it'll be too difficult for him to win a Dail seat at the next election. After that, who knows? Next leader of Fianna Fail, maybe?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Back in his box hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭BQQ

He's going to sell the Eiffel Tower to someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

I,m going to make him an offer,
    I'll give him 50% of the money, for 100% of his Honey !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Seems the perfect candidate for a hair plug op..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭hallelujajordan

I'd love to see him run in the next General Election . . either as an Independent or on a FF ticket and I would particularly like to see him go up against (and defeat) one of the high-profile Sinn Fein candidates . .

Whatever your views are on FF or Sean Gallagher, McGuinness took the election campaign to a real low last Monday night with his Gallager ambush and his bogus phone call to Hugh Morgan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Whatever your views are on FF or Sean Gallagher, McGuinness took the election campaign to a real low last Monday night with his Gallager ambush and his bogus phone call to Hugh Morgan.

It was the single best moment of the whole campaign tbh. Worth mc Guinness entering the race for that alone. Mc Guinness didn't sink Gallagher, Gallaghers own guilt sunk him.

As for what now for Gallagher, Celebrity Bainisteoir or something else on that level I would hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,678 ✭✭✭flutered

I'd love to see him run in the next General Election . . either as an Independent or on a FF ticket and I would particularly like to see him go up against (and defeat) one of the high-profile Sinn Fein candidates . .

how about gay mitchell setting the tone for the election with his attach on m.mc c. his american advisor sunk him as all u.s. elections are are fought negitave, what did it cost to bring that guy over to loose the election for gm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭hallelujajordan

It was the single best moment of the whole campaign tbh. Worth mc Guinness entering the race for that alone. Mc Guinness didn't sink Gallagher, Gallaghers own guilt sunk him.

As for what now for Gallagher, Celebrity Bainisteoir or something else on that level I would hope.

Guilt about what ? Gallagher has nothing to feel guilty about. Throughout the campaign he stated quite clearly that he was proud to have been a member of Fianna Fail . . . He invited people to a legal and legitimate fundraiser. The type of fundraiser held by all the political parties in Ireland. . and as he was quoted in todays paper "No banks were robbed and no Gardai were killed".

The only difference between the fundraiser Gallagher attended and those organised and attended in the past by his SF election opponent is that the funds raised in the FF fund-raiser will not have been used to purchase AK-47's and Semtex . .

flutered wrote: »
    how about gay mitchell setting the tone for the election with his attach on m.mc c. his american advisor sunk him as all u.s. elections are are fought negitave, what did it cost to bring that guy over to loose the election for gm

The only positive thing Gay Mitchell brought to this election campaign was to shine a bright light on McGuinness and his murderous past...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

He will be in fegans bar crying into his pint along with browny Berty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Chairman of the Blackrock Co. Louth Local development committee...oh WAIT!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sue_1512

As Gallagher ponders what might have been on Friday, I wonder what he will put himself to now?

fianna FAIL den?...ah thet used him as a scapegoat and he was so mad for publicity, he fell for it:p

• Advertisement

[QUOTE=hallelujajordan;

The only positive thing Gay Mitchell brought to this election campaign was to shine a bright light on McGuinness and his murderous past...[/QUOTE]

proof op, proof, any one can spout, arafat became a hero, mandella of the rubber necklace fame became (is ) a hero, lenin etc there is proof of their activitys, please provide the proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

One of Seán Gallagher's senior campaign managers, Jack Murray, said on Friday that Mr Gallagher had run a dynamic campaign and was likely to stay in public life.

:mad:

Why, God, why? What have we done to displease thee?

patwicklow wrote: »
    He will be in fegans bar crying into his pint along with browny Berty.
    no he will not, bertie is no longer welcome there, he has departed the premises due to verbal nauences from the regulars

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Bristolian

RayM wrote: »
    If he was able to con over half a million complete dolts into giving him their first preference, I don't think it'll be too difficult for him to win a Dail seat at the next election.

You sir are a disgrace. How arrogant can you get. Just because a number of people at the top of FF lost their way doesn't mean that the people who work for the party are all wrong or criminals. The record shows that Fianna Fail have achieved most for Ireland since the foundation of the state and that is why they have consistently topped the poll.

Sean would have made a very good president. He was set up by the dark dishonest force now at large in Ireland - Sinn Fein. Whatever the sins of FF in the past they pale into insignificance in comparison to the horrors and atrocities they have perpetrated on the innocent people of this country.

Sean is a good man who has a future if he wishes in politics. I'm delighted that that such a large number of people gave him such an amazing vote and ensured that McGuiness was trounced and eliminated from the race.

Congratulations Michael D. you are a fine candidate and will make a good president but it is such a pity you got there via the forked tongue of the two faced McGuiness.

Bristolian wrote: »
    You sir are a disgrace. How arrogant can you get. Just because a number of people at the top of FF lost their way doesn't mean that the people who work for the party are all wrong or criminals. The record shows that Fianna Fail have achieved most for Ireland since the foundation of the state and that is why they have consistently topped the poll.

Sean would have made a very good president. He was set up by the dark dishonest force now at large in Ireland - Sinn Fein. Whatever the sins of FF in the past they pale into insignificance in comparison to the horrors and atrocities they have perpetrated on the innocent people of this country.

Sean is a good man who has a future if he wishes in politics. I'm delighted that that such a large number of people gave him such an amazing vote and ensured that McGuiness was trounced and eliminated from the race.

Congratulations Michael D. you are a fine candidate and will make a good president but it is such a pity you got there via the forked tongue of the two faced McGuiness.

hiya sean, may i welcome you to boards.ie.

Thank you I wish I was!!!

You sir are a disgrace. How arrogant can you get. Just because a number of people at the top of FF lost their way doesn't mean that the people who work for the party are all wrong or criminals.

If they were voting for and supporting the people who 'lost their way', then they WERE wrong.
    The record shows that Fianna Fail have achieved most for Ireland since the foundation of the state and that is why they have consistently topped the poll.

Fianna Fail are responsible for the economic stagnation of Ireland for some 50 years, plus the recent economic collapse of the country, due to their long-standing policy of encouraging their opponents to emigrate while running the country for the benefit of a small golden circle.

Norris, Davis, McGuinness himself and Dana were all subjected to smear, dirty tricks and close scrutiny. It is no one's fault but Gallagher's that, like those other candidates, he did not come through such scrutiny without taint attached. Michael D Higgins, on the other hand, did.

Is certainly one perspective. I had hope that this country was finally growing up after the last general election. However, the polling of Gallagher indicates that FF, if rebranded to pose as something else, still has a hearing in the backwoods of Ireland.

He got there because he was the most supported candidate. Gallagher failed because he was dishonest in posing as an independent and was outed for his lies live on television, indicating not only his dishonesty but his political naivety.

To be honest, your entire post sounds a bit like this.

To be honest Cavehill Red your post is an insulting rant completely detached from reality. If you want to support terrorists who fought an unjust campaign predominantly against the innocent and without any mandate then that's your choice. Please don't, however, insult our intelligence with your tabloid history or your An Phoblact propaganda. Political giants like De Valera, Lemass, O'Malley, Lynch, Lenehan, Reynolds and co. dragged this country out of it's poverty and gave the people a decent living. Labour, Fine Gael and every other party did little over the years. They couldn't even provide a decent opposition when required. There was more genuine opposition to Haughey or Ahern within a ranks of FF than there was across the house.

To be honest Cavehill Red your post is an insulting rant completely detached from reality. If you want to support terrorists who fought an unjust campaign predominantly against the innocent and without any mandate then that's your choice. Please don't, however, insult our intelligence with your tabloid history or your An Phoblact propaganda. Political giants like De Valera, Lemass, O'Malley, Lynch, Lenehan, Reynolds and co. dragged this country out of it's poverty and gave the people a decent living. Labour, Fine Gael and every other party did little over the years. They couldn't even provide a decent opposition when required. There was more genuine opposition to Haughey or Ahern within a ranks of FF than there was across the house.

There are so many things I could say to this, but probably it would be best to simply state that my ballot on Thursday started and finished with David Norris. In other words (because I realise Fianna Fail voters are quite slow), I didn't vote for McGuinness, never have done and never will, nor any of his party colleagues (when I resided in the North I was an SDLP party member.)
    Oh, and by the way, that list of what you probably think are luminaries? Yes, those are the very people I was talking about when I said their party was responsible for a half a century of economic stagnation and emigration while they feathered their own nests.
    And if there was opposition to the crooks Haughey and Ahern within Fianna Fail, what in the name of God were those people doing staying in the party? Surely they should have left?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Guilt about what ? Gallagher has nothing to feel guilty about. Throughout the campaign he stated quite clearly that he was proud to have been a member of Fianna Fail . . .

....except the past tense was wholly misleading and inappropriate.

Advertisement