Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Trade Thread

Options
  • 20-10-2011 8:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭

This thread will be for use by all divisions and is to be used for people suggesting trades, advertising their players are up for trade (this can be done in league specific threads too) as well as querying trades such as:

I've been offered X & Y in exchange for Z, is this far? Should I take it? Or ask for etter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭ashdale5

Hi all. I'm not in a boards.ie league so not sure if this is appropriate or not but I badly need some trade advice.

My Roster in a keeper league, flex rules.
    QB Rivers, Newton, Tebow
    RB MJD, Beanie, Bradshaw, Blount
    WR Jennings, Steve Smith (CAR), Austin, Colston, Maclin
    TE Hernandez

As you can see I'm screwed for a TE this week and can't afford to drop anyone because they will be snapped up on the waiver wire. I've put tebow on the block but no takers.

Anyway I've been offered this trade and I'm tempted to take it.

Mathews and Dallas Clark for Jennings and Maclin.

I know Clark has been ****e but he has a good match up this week. Maclin will never get in ahead of my other receivers so basically it's a swap between Jennings and Ryan Mathews.

What do the fantasy guru's on boards.ie think?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

I dont like that trade personally for a few reasons

1) Clark has been crap so far
    2) It leaves you thin at reciever
    3) Maclin should get in to your team based on matchups. Your selling yourself short by thinking hes jsut a bench player.

In a word Id reject this trade you dont need running back help.

Whats available in FA in your league at the TE position ?

If Fred Davis or Shanicoe were available it might be worth picking one of them up and dropping Bount. I expect Beck and Ponder will both lean heavily on their Tight ends this week.

You have Running back depth and Blount is likely out this week and on a bye next week. Its hard to tell as you havent said how many teams in your league but this might be a viaable suggestion.

alternatively if you are determined not to to go to the waiver or FA then I would counter the offer.

Clarke for either Jennings or Maclin. (I still hate that trade) You dont need the running back so why facilitate your trade partner at your detriment ....

Honestly depending on who you are playing and their lineup I would strongly consider playing no TE and rolling the dice over taking a sh*tty deal.

Thanks for the reply. I think Jennings or Maclin is waaay to high a price to pay for Clark.
    TE's on the waiver wire are very thin on the ground. I'm in a real quandry but maybe I'll just have to gut it out this week.

ashdale5 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. I think Jennings or Maclin is waaay to high a price to pay for Clark.
    TE's on the waiver wire are very thin on the ground. I'm in a real quandry but maybe I'll just have to gut it out this week.

yeah at the end of the day. Its only 1 matchup in a long season. You could win without TE help anyway and if you lose at least you keep a very strong squad together to right the ship after that.

You have to look at the long term of it really. Playing no TE seems liek the best option to me.

D3PO wrote: »
    yeah at the end of the day. Its only 1 matchup in a long season. You could win without TE help anyway and if you lose at least you keep a very strong squad together to right the ship after that.

You have to look at the long term of it really. Playing no TE seems liek the best option to me.

I've offered him Blount and Maclin for Mathews and i can pick up a scrub TE from the waiver wire if he accepts (unlikely I know). I've also offered him Blount straight up for his starting TE Greg Olsen but not confident he'll do that either.
    Blount has also gone on the trading block to see if anyone is willing to take a chance on him.

• Advertisement

thats a fair trade based on what he might need.

I would probably have offered Austin or Colston before offering Maclin as Id rate him about them but anyway.

In terms of FA TE's whats available ?

Based on your lineup I have to assume your league isnt very deep maybe an 8 team league ?

So based on what might be out there id rate them in the following order in terms of what they might do this week.

Shanicoe
    Davis
    Dreessen
    Fasano

thats a fair trade based on what he might need.

I would probably have offered Austin or Colston before offering Maclin as Id rate him about them but anyway.

In terms of FA TE's whats available ?

Based on your lineup I have to assume your league isnt very deep maybe an 8 team league ?

So based on what might be out there id rate them in the following order in terms of what they might do this week.

Shanicoe
    Davis
    Dreessen
    Fasano

10 team league.
    FA TE's based on points scored this season and taking out those on a bye this week -
    Watson
    King
    Miller
    Casey
    Dreeson
    Dixon
    Shockey
    Kellen Davis
    Fells
    Shinacoe
    Moore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Hi all. I'm not in a boards.ie league so not sure if this is appropriate or not but I badly need some trade advice.

QB Rivers, Newton, Tebow
    TE Hernandez

As you can see I'm screwed for a TE this week and can't afford to drop anyone because they will be snapped up on the waiver wire. I've put tebow on the block but no takers.

Anyway I've been offered this trade and I'm tempted to take it.

Mathews and Dallas Clark for Jennings and Maclin.

I know Clark has been ****e but he has a good match up this week. Maclin will never get in ahead of my other receivers so basically it's a swap between Jennings and Ryan Mathews.

What do the fantasy guru's on boards.ie think?

You don't even need to trade imo. If there's any decent TEs on the waiver wire, pick them up and drop Tebow. You don't need three QBs on your roster, and I can't see a scenario where Tebow will potentially outscore both Newton and Rivers in any gameweek.

I think Shanicoe is the one to pick up off FA for this week based on what you have listed.

Ponder will throw underneath a lot when he has to throw and AP will do most of the workload. Shanicoe could get maybe 6 catches for 70 odd yards. He wont set the world alilght but could be a reasonable stat line together especialyl if one of those catches is snagged for a TD.

Newton is right you dont need 3 QB's I know your trying to maximise trade bait with Tebow but hes probably droppable based on a 10 team league anyway.

If you have him on the block now anD nobody has bitten your better just cutting him loose to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,154 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

posted this in another thraed, will post here to keep them together
    ---
    Jesus, how deep is your league? thats a fantastic looking team

I like Ryan matthews, I'd easily trade Greg Jennings away from him. Nothing wrong with Jennings, but Matthews a good RB, in a good offence, and getting better every week.

Personally though I'd rank Maclin ahead of Smith, Austin and Colston. He's the 11th top scoring WR in fantasy this year, and thats when the Eagles have been below par. I'd expect them to get better and see his numbers increase too. I know Smith is above him now but I'd be more confident in Maclin for the rest of the season.

Austin may have had the bye week but even without that I think he's now No 2 behind a fit Dez Bryant.

Colston is unbelievably talented, but in that offence he's not reliable in fantasy terms. He could have 0 points if Brees sees the likes of Moore, Meacham and, now, Graham open all game

• Advertisement

Yeah I was probably getting a bit greedy picking Tebow up on waivers and hoping to flip him straight away. I'll hold off dropping him until Sunday morning and hope someone bites on him before then.
    I'll keep Blount on the block as well just in case.

The thing with ten team leagues is that most people are happy with their QB as there's 12-14 serviceable QBs around

Even good back up Qbs have little trade value.

Yeah I'm in 3 leagues and both the others are 12 team leagues. They're far better and more challenging because there's less FA.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Cam Newton wrote: »
    You don't even need to trade imo. If there's any decent TEs on the waiver wire, pick them up and drop Tebow. You don't need three QBs on your roster, and I can't see a scenario where Tebow will potentially outscore both Newton and Rivers in any gameweek.

I can easily see Tebow outscoring Rivers in alot of the weeks to come, the Chargers are making their customary slow start (at least in terms of quality of performances) but Rivers hasn't looked to be above and beyond what Tebow could produce in games going forward - minus one horrible 6.44 game, Rivers range has stayed at 17-18 points a game. He also has more INTs than TDs and none of Newton's or Tebow's rushing ablities to soften that blow. Tebow can exceed Rivers' average and has less potential for a horrible fantasy day.

I'd be playing Tebow over Rivers this week if I had a straight choice between the two.

Yeah I'm in 3 leagues and both the others are 12 team leagues. They're far better and more challenging because there's less FA.

I agree you end up with the whos who of pro bowlers otherwise and everybody is able to get a load of studs. There is no reward for getting a jump on the competition with sleeper picks or a risk reward gamble.

Have to say playing a 16 team league for the first time this year has been more enjoyable for me even than the 12 team leagues. Its a real tactical battle and you have to be very astute in the FA market.

from now on 16 team leagues are the only way to go for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

I agree you end up with the whos who of pro bowlers otherwise and everybody is able to get a load of studs. There is no reward for getting a jump on the competition with sleeper picks or a risk reward gamble.

Have to say playing a 16 team league for the first time this year has been more enjoyable for me even than the 12 team leagues. Its a real tactical battle and you have to be very astute in the FA market.

from now on 16 team leagues are the only way to go for me.

I find the opposite is true.

If you lose your #1 pick (ala Jamaal Charles this year) in a 16-man league your season is liable to bomb unless you get very, very lucky with FA pick-ups, which are obviously even harder to get in a 16-man league. You end up with a team of stars and a bunch of filler players in most cases, i.e. less line-up conundrums and choices of picking up a waiver wire player or not.

10-12 man leagues are the sweet spot for me, you generally have more of a decision to make on who to start and who to sit, and that's the essence of fantasy football at the end of the day.

Syferus wrote: »
    I find the opposite is true.

If you lose your #1 pick (ala Jamaal Charles this year) in a 16-man league your season is liable to bomb unless you get very, very lucky with FA pick-ups, which are obviously even harder to get in a 16-man league. .

Yeah exactly makes it more like reallife :D Ref : This seasons Indy Colts

Anyway thats the beauty of fantasy football. Nobody is stuck to one format for me I like the 16 team leagues :)

Ok Guru's new trade proposal received -
    Mathews and Clark for Jennings and Blount

Ok Guru's new trade proposal received -
    Mathews and Clark for Jennings and Blount

Again, impossible to offer an opinion without knowing the rest of your team, but at first glance - I would not trade away Jennings, Clark has little value anymore and Blount will be back to full fitness after his bye week.

Again, impossible to offer an opinion without knowing the rest of your team, but at first glance - I would not trade away Jennings, Clark has little value anymore and Blount will be back to full fitness after his bye week.

QB Rivers, Newton, Tebow
    TE Hernandez

• Advertisement

QB Rivers, Newton, Tebow
    TE Hernandez

Ah right, sorry, forgot you had posted that earlier in the week. I would never give up Greg Jennings for a one week fill at TE. I still stand by the advice given earlier in the week - drop Tebow, pick up a TE on waivers!

I think Matthews is a significant upgrade on Blount

But your team is stacked throughout. No real need to disrupt your whole squad for a 2nd string TE

Boards Division 1.

Willing to trade one of my Tight Ends

Brandon Pettigrew #10 in TE scoring

or

Fred Davis #6 in TE scoring

Looking for a number 2 reciever in return. All reasonable offers considered.

would consider packaging Jason Avant or Tim Tebow aswell for the right reciever

I'd be willing to trade Finley for a good RB (or Scott chandler after this week ;) )

Alright lads, thanks for all the advice last week. I'm back with a new trade connundrum for a different league I'm in. see what you think of this -

My Roster
    QB Brady
    RB Green-Ellis, McGahee, Ingram, Battle
    WR Megatron, Colston, Smith (CAR), Jones (GB), Brown (PIT)
    TE Hernandez

I approached CJ2K's owner to see if he had any interest in trading him and he's come back and said he's do it for one of Megatron or Colston. obvioulsy I won't give up Megatron but I am tempted to deal Colston.

Thoughts?

Firstly I hope you picked up Shiancoe as I suggested last week ;)

Secondly that trade is crap. Tell him to go jump. Hes liviing off CJ2K's last seasons value not this seasons. CJ might have a big week this week as the Colts are woeful but the fact remains he has looked terrible all year and to give up somebody whos been on a hot streak for somebody whos stock has dropped like a stone and has done zp all year is utter madness.

Right now Battle and Green Ellis are the two RB's you should start and be content with.

If somebody wants Megatron or Colston then they need to be offering you a McFadden, McCoy, or Gore type RB not a CJ2K who couldnt give a crap since he got paid his big contract at the end of last season.

CJ is a bust. Don't go near him, he got his payday and now he doesn't give a toss about the team. For him to have the audacity to ask for Megatron in return is hilarious.

Firstly I hope you picked up Shiancoe as I suggested last week ;)

Picked up Ed Dickson and lost :mad:

Picked up Ed Dickson and lost :mad:

maybe next time you will listen to me :p

My suggestions to you in order :cool::cool:

Shiancoe 10.5 points
    Fred Davis (was taken)
    Dreeson 9.1 points
    Fasano 8.2 points

instead you got Ed Dickson 2.3 points

• Advertisement

In ESPN standard scoring, CJ is ranked 30th for the year.

He's averaged just over 7 points this season.

Behind No 2 RBs like Ingram, Tate, Tolbert, Michael Bush

if I was trading him I think the best WR I could hope for would be Erick Decker, Victor Cruz

EDIT; just to be clear, I wouldn't do that deal either if I was a CJ owner. I'd hang on to him

Advertisement