Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Sent by God"

Options
  • 18-10-2011 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭

How would you feel if a candidate in an election started saying they were sent by god to fix the place?

Career ending right?

well..

Over to the states, a total of four, yes, four of the GOP presidential candidates are claiming just such!
    Michele Bachmann, Herman Cain, Rick Perry and Rick Santorum are all claiming they sense gods plan in their run to the Whitehouse!
    (tl/dr cutoff you can answer the thread pretty well without going further)
    Even for America this is bizarre, it used to be a photo op walking into mass to show their faith, but Christ it seems has upped the ante now to the promise divine intervention. Southern fundamentalist divine intervention of course.

I find it bizarre that a man as holy as Herman can joke in front of the world that they should build an electric fence between the US and Mexico and shoot anyone trying to cross. Love thy neighbour, Herman. He's not alone, they are the least Christlike people you could meet.

(My intention was to post this in US Politics but I think it's sufficiently ridiculous for After hours.)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Maybe they are sent by God.

Didn't think of that, did ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

that if there is a god they will not get elected.........oh no wait that wont work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

most candidates here seem to think they are god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I think it's more tactical. They split the vote better when they pretend they're holy.

I think Barry O'B is a Christian of convienience personally.

Par for the course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

I hear Rick Perry is partial to Suzuki's, so there may be a semblance of truth to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I think God sent some of ours to get rid of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Must be pretty embarrassing for God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Google "santorum".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Religion's big in the States. And so is hypocrisy. Fortunately very few Americans I know and love buy into either...

I mean, christ on a fecking bike, that's really what the world needs - another fundy in the whitehouse :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭nursextreme

RichieC wrote: »
    How would you feel if a candidate in an election started saying they were sent by god to fix the place?
    Crucifixion! Out of the door, line on the left, one cross each

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭cml387

Because claiming to be "Sent by the devil" would not be a vote winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭stephen_k

Only thing I know about this, is that Dan Savage managed to get Rick Santorums' surname to mean "the frothy mixture of lube and fecal matter that is sometimes the byproduct of anal sex".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

nobody on this planet has ever been sent by god, we all come out of our ma's vagiholes. The fabrication of the myth that is Jesus and the ending that ensued (crucifixion) is exactly what would happen to any the the presidential candidates if they started mouthing off about been sent by god. Id personally be the first one there with hammer and nail in hand if Dana start becoming preachy

cml387 wrote: »

LOL!!! I just laughed coke out my nostrils :D:D

cosmicfart wrote: »
    nobody on this planet has ever been sent by god, we all come out of our ma's vagiholes. The fabrication of the myth that is Jesus and the ending that ensued (crucifixion) is exactly what would happen to any the the presidential candidates if they started mouthing off about been sent by god. Id personally be the first one there with hammer and nail in hand if Dana start becoming preachy

Actually, Jesus did exist - it's just all the phoney deity stuff that irks more...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

old hippy wrote: »
    LOL!!! I just laughed coke out my nostrils :D:D

really arent u suppose to snort it up ur nostrils???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

"God sent him? On a fuckin' Suzuki?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

cml387 wrote: »

I would

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

For God and Jesus.

really arent u suppose to snort it up ur nostrils???

Cola. And I did not inhale.

• Advertisement

I feel so sorry for normal Americans...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Some one on the internet told me once that some of the tele-evangelists over there are multi-millionaires but they donate squat to charity.*

*May be a total fabrication

• Registered Users Posts: 16,125 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

...we all come out of our ma's vagiholes.

No we don't. :rolleyes:

Some one on the internet told me once that some of the tele-evangelists over there are multi-millionaires but they donate squat to charity.*

*May be a total fabrication

100% believable though.. Those people are human detritus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

The only people who could get away with saying that are Jake and Elwood Blues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Teclo

So what? Their religious beliefs form part of their political beliefs, most people have some religious beliefs. A person's political position if formed from many different influences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

amacachi wrote: »
    Google "santorum".

That is probably the best thing that Dan Savage has ever done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Seen Conan O'Brien asked Deepak Chopra that very question last night on his show and his response was that he would assume them to be a schizophrenic.

Teclo wrote: »
    So what? Their religious beliefs form part of their political beliefs, most people have some religious beliefs. A person's political position if formed from many different influences.

Do they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

RichieC wrote: »

(My intention was to post this in US Politics but I think it's sufficiently ridiculous for After hours.)
    And what exactly is that meant to mean?:mad:

Advertisement