Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Infant and toddler bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

ROZLYN wrote: »
    I second that about the Lidl nappies, wipes and napppy bags. Great price for what I consider better nappies than pampers when it comes to soakage and leaks. In addition, recently tried the same products in Aldi and the same goes for them, very happy with them. Big difference to pocket with no dip in quality.

Agree 100% also got 2 stairgates in Lidl. Excellent quality and half the price of LIndem etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

Aldi doing kids toys and books at the moment. We got 2 hardback books (Winne the Pooh and Finding Nemo) for €6. They also were selling kites for about a fiver and tent/tunnel sets as well. Ah here we are ... http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/offers_week31Sunday11.htm

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

My baby can't use the lidl nappies but the boots ones are cheap and brilliant!
    Aldi for pull ups for the big girl.

Amazon have a really good offer on the petit zia and a few other things this week -
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_160712807_13?ie=UTF8&docId=1000313893&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=right-4&pf_rd_r=12X1JVM4S3N7ZPBAS25A&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=249331087&pf_rd_i=350613011

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,009 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Just a note to other parents, I managed to pick up a Hurl for our 1.75 year old last Saturday in Smiths. 20" size. Which is ok for him.

It's great. He finds it entertaining and we just use tennis ball.

Cost 11 euro.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Yeah saw those last time I was in there.. the little baby ones are too cute :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

Lidl Nappies are good quality - i switched from Huggies and there is not difference (leaks etc). Approx 6.99 for 44 nappies or 5.99 for 18 pull ups. Wipes are 1.19 for a big pack and extremely good quality. Also Nappy Bags are good too approx €1.

Tesco Nappies are only €4.99 for pack of 44 and I think they are great, havent noticed any leaks and soaks up great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Iidl have a selection of baby things on the 15th of this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 catz852002

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Iidl have a selection of baby things on the 15th of this month.

On the above note, (and thanks for same) I got two bed sets in Lidl today (€30 for duvet and pillow cover, bumper and canopy) but I wonder if anyone knows where I would get poles / rods for the canopy which comes with the Disney sets or has any idea how I would go about setting it up? Thanks peeps!! Cat xx ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

catz852002 wrote: »
    On the above note, (and thanks for same) I got two bed sets in Lidl today (€30 for duvet and pillow cover, bumper and canopy) but I wonder if anyone knows where I would get poles / rods for the canopy which comes with the Disney sets or has any idea how I would go about setting it up? Thanks peeps!! Cat xx ;)

I saw the canopy poles in Guinneys in Talbot street ...i think they were around 6 or 7euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 catz852002

collegeme wrote: »
    I saw the canopy poles in Guinneys in Talbot street ...i think they were around 6 or 7euro.

Thanks for your quick reply - im actually in Galway and dont forsee being near a Guineys store any time soon as there is surprisingly no Guineys or Heatons in Galway :( Thank you anyway!
    All other suggestions welcome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭mouseybrown

smyths have a sale on at the mo and for anyone interested there selling the love n care europa double buggy for 229.00 thats including everything!! got one yesterday and am well pleased considering we were going to fork out 568 for the p and t dash thats on sale in mothercare :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Is it this one?

http://www.toys.ie/Europa-Buggy-!103366-prd.aspx

I know someone looking for a 2nd hand P&T with ages, this might suit, any benefits / down falls yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭mouseybrown

yes thats the one , havnt really had a chance to test drive it properly but when i had my toddler in it trying it out i have to say it felt very light and the hood went over her head where as in the p and t dash she was too tall and the hood was catching on her head!! also i asked a lady in the park last week with a love n care one what she thought and she couldnt praise it enough!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Baby Bonanza--Daily Deals in the Baby Store
    Baby Bonanza

Welcome to the Baby Store's Baby Bonanza event. Every day between August 29 and September 11 we'll be offering some fantastic discounts on selected products for one day only. With different products on offer each day be sure to check back to bag a bargain.

Offers available on selected products from 09:00 BST until 23:59 BST every day. Terms & conditions apply.

For more great offers, visit the Baby Store at Amazon.co.uk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

http://direct.asda.com/Baby-Toddler-Event/6010,default,sc.html

Looks like there are a few good deals to be had for anyone near the border or that wants to travel up!

• Advertisement

Lidl have childrens clothes/shoes next Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Wow, the Lidl boots look really cute. Has anyone bought these and are they any good?

Mr price in Blanchardstown shopping centre have tommee tippee manual breast pumps for under a tenner, think they were 6.99 to be more exact.

Boots have 3 for 2 on baby stuff

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Mr price in Blanchardstown shopping centre have tommee tippee manual breast pumps for under a tenner, think they were 6.99 to be more exact.

Boots have 3 for 2 on baby stuff

The baby section in Boots in Waterford and Kilkenny is tiny, anyone know where has a bigger baby section, Carlow? Newbridge?

Scallywags buggy board reduced to €44.50 in Tesco, was €59.99.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSf40Z5XKNTXV34O6SyJqD1avJkf7J_tLi-0OamKVxg0z9yW-L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Tesco have reduced the box of Pampers sensitive baby wipes ( 12 packs of 56 wipes)to €6.30 . works out at 52.5 cent a pack

IDShot_225x225.jpg

173981.jpg

• Advertisement

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Toys/Walkers/FisherPrice-Brilliant-Basics-Stroll-Along-Walker%280076478%29

19.99 in Tesco Maynooth.

We got one for Dearbh for her 1st Christmas,she loved it and still does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

Moonbeam wrote: »
    http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Toys/Walkers/FisherPrice-Brilliant-Basics-Stroll-Along-Walker%280076478%29

19.99 in Tesco Maynooth.

We got one for Dearbh for her 1st Christmas,she loved it and still does.

they are the business! got one for my daughter for her 1st birthday and she still uses it nearly 2 yrs later

God would a one year old girl like that? I have alot to learn, I'll put in the maybe pile for her birthday on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Addison has one too in her Nana's and Saoirse now loves playing with it also!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bobobear

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/142632/174850.jpg

Medela Mini Electric breast pump for 19.91 in Tesco. Usually 70+

• Advertisement

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    God would a one year old girl like that? I have alot to learn, I'll put in the maybe pile for her birthday on Sunday.
    Yup! and one year old boys love pushing it about with stuff in it too:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭g0g

Not sure if already posted in this thread or elsewhere but my wife and I just picked up a "Widgey" (nursing pillow / baby nest) in Tesco in Galway reduced from something like € 20 to € 3.50. Great value and seems like good quality solid product. Previously we had one from Mothercare but this one sweems better. My sister got one in Tesco Bray the other day so assume same in all stores. I see they're € 34 here and £ 25 on Amazon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

bobobear wrote: »
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/142632/174850.jpg

Medela Mini Electric breast pump for 19.91 in Tesco. Usually 70+

Just got mine delivered.. they'd none instore when i went to get it so i ordered it online and got some shopping too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

cbyrd wrote: »
    Just got mine delivered.. they'd none instore when i went to get it so i ordered it online and got some shopping too :D
    How do I find it online. Ive done a search on Tesco.ie for medela and keep getting no hits, but have a look at these medleys.... Great pump, I have 2 already. so easy to clean and very fast to pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bobobear

How do I find it online. Ive done a search on Tesco.ie for medela and keep getting no hits, but have a look at these medleys.... Great pump, I have 2 already. so easy to clean and very fast to pump.

I'm not sure - I just did a search for "medela" and it came up straight away. Maybe they don't have it in your local tesco?

It has to be in stock in your local store and have been sold in the last 5 days for it to come up on your home shopping. Where are you living? I can check Waterford for you on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Spotted these bargains today in argos in their 'Hot Deals' catalogue

AVENT philips microwave steriliser now 12.99 (half price)

AVENT philips starter bottle pack 15.99 (half price)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

When i went in i couldn't find it on the shelf and there was a young lad on the customer service desk. . so i just typed it in the online shopping and it popped up . . ;)

2 Medula Mini electrics in Ardkeen in Waterford, not on sale, in the stockroom.
    €19.91

double post

• Advertisement

Argos have the vtech walkers reduced to 23.95 euro-
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3479865/Trail/searchtext%3EGREAT+DEALS+ON+TOP+30+TOYS.htm

It is the cheaper that I have seen it anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Tesco have baby food jars 10 for 5.50, special also on c&g follow on milk, also heinz farley rusks both size packs half price

Tesco have baby food jars 10 for 5.50, special also on c&g follow on milk, also heinz farley rusks both size packs half price and huggies wipes hlaf price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Supervalu have the 4 pack of Huggies wipes for €4. I got 2 packs yesterday in the store on the quay beside D'olier st.

qwertytlk wrote: »
    Tesco have baby food jars 10 for 5.50, special also on c&g follow on milk, also heinz farley rusks both size packs half price and huggies wipes hlaf price.

Sorry hun, its 33% off on rusks (and all heinz baby food products apart from jars)

Also Pamper ecc packs of nappies, are 2 for €19 and the smaller packs are 2 for €13. (newborn and simply dry not included)

In Guiney's:

Avent%2BExtra%2BDurable%2B260mlx4.JPG

4 pack extra durable avent bottles €16.99. Much cheaper than Tesco. (19.99 for 3 normal 260ml bottles.)

Sorry hun, its 33% off on rusks (and all heinz baby food products apart from jars)QUOTE

no im 100% certain the baby jars are 10 for 5.50, been in tesco phibsboro the last 2days and saw them, and bought them this morning as im starting weaning. Maybe the deal isnt the same in every tesco?

qwertytlk wrote: »
    Sorry hun, its 33% off on rusks (and all heinz baby food products apart from jars)

no im 100% certain the baby jars are 10 for 5.50, been in tesco phibsboro the last 2days and saw them, and bought them this morning as im starting weaning. Maybe the deal isnt the same in every tesco?

No sorry, I put it wrong everything you said was correct except for the half price rusks, they are only 33%. Sorry Preg brain on my part!!

Lidl have baby stuff on the 6th.

• Advertisement

Mother care (the one in jervis center anyway) have a sale on precious bear bedroom sets- coverlets,duvets,sheets,cot bumper etc. Also think they have the classic pooh stuff on special too.

Advertisement