Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chain Gang Sportives 2011

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Hi all,

Just a post to extend a huge thanks on behalf of the Chain Gang to everyone who joined us on the road yesterday - the rain before the off was atrocious and it would have been a very easy choice looking out at it and the wind driving it to say 'nuts to that!' and stay in bed. Instead there was some major HTFU-ing done and riders took on what is unanimously agreed to be the hardest spin put down on the peninsula this year.

We were amazed at how many riders travelled distances to stay in Tralee and ride the event and hope everyone enjoyed the day in spite of the 'inclementness' and your feedback as always is greatly appreciated - sometimes it's difficult to see the rock when you're working right at the coalface so rider reviews are the some of the most useful things for us to see what's being done well and what may be considered for improvement in the future.

I must thank:
    • All those that volunteered their day to marshal the event, standing out on junctions, roundabouts, manning sign-on, food and waterstops,
    • The Gardai and the Irish Red Cross for their support,
    • Kerins O'Rahillys and Pobal Scoil Corca Dhuibhne for the use of their facilities and
    • Club Patrons and supporters, the Blasket Bar & Restaurant, Costello Contractors, O'Halloran Cycles, Poff Motors, the Brandon Hotel and Kerry Spring Water
    Lastly - keep an eye out on the event website and club facebook page over the coming week; there was a good few of photographers out on the course and while it'll take a little bit of time to collect all the photos up once we have them we'll begin uploading them.

Thanks again everyone and we look forward to seeing on the road in 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Unfortunately I will be busy watching the Dubs lift Sam that weekend.

Told yiz!

Hope you enjoyed saturday as much as I enjoyed sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Unfortunately I will be busy watching the Dubs lift Sam that weekend.

Told yiz!

Yeh, just goes to show even with a good Gooch you can't beat a bad ref. We're looking forward to setting the record straight when ye get an opportunity to meet us again in an All Ireland in thirty odd years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

Told yiz!

swords for you next sunday then ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

michael196 wrote: »
    swords for you next sunday then ?

That's the plan alright. See you there?

That's the plan alright. See you there?

yep sir

water on the lens and the camera angled too low compromised the picture quality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAMoC42fyKg

Advertisement