Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3DS massive price drop, 20 free games for early adopters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

pdbhp wrote: »
    A new Castlevania needs to be released, a brand new Metroid, Pikmin etc..
    Come on Nintendo fire these puppies at us and let us bask in their glory:pac:

Jeez, a Castlevania game would be great. As I recall, Dawn of Sorrow was the first DS game that I got hooked on. They should include the at least one of the GBA Castlevanias in the free games, then release the others as paid downloads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Mr. K wrote: »
    Jeez, a Castlevania game would be great. As I recall, Dawn of Sorrow was the first DS game that I got hooked on. They should include the at least one of the GBA Castlevanias in the free games, then release the others as paid downloads.

Totally agree, it would be great to get a GBA Castlevania for free, that probably won't happen though as they all seem to be first party titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Free Aria of Sorrow would make me very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Can someone please clear this up for me? A bit confused on the details...

The NES games will be there to Download on the eshop 1st of Sept 2001, right?

The GBA games will be there to Download on the eshop around December, right?

What are the 10 NES games?

What are the 10 GBA games?

Is Super Mario Bros 3 in the downloads or was that just a rumor?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Can someone please clear this up for me? A bit confused on the details...

The NES games will be there to Download on the eshop 1st of Sept 2001, right?

The GBA games will be there to Download on the eshop around December, right?

What are the 10 NES games?

What are the 10 GBA games?

Is Super Mario Bros 3 in the downloads or was that just a rumor?

1. That's how it was worded.
    2. By the end of the year.
    3. Super Mario Bros.™, Donkey Kong Jr.™, Balloon Fight™, Ice Climber™ and The Legend of Zelda + 5 TBA
    4. Yoshi’s Island™: Super Mario™ Advance 3, Mario Kart™: Super Circuit, Metroid™ Fusion, WarioWare™, Inc.: Minigame Mania and Mario vs. Donkey Kong™ + 5 TBA.
    5. Was just a misinformed post by a Nintendo rep, they later corrected the list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So at September 1st we
    Cam expect some mew games in eshop?

There's feck all there :(.

Here are the ten free NES games:

http://kotaku.com/5835706/full-list-of-free-famicom-games-for-3ds-owners#

They're supposed to be out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Here are the ten free NES games:

http://kotaku.com/5835706/full-list-of-free-famicom-games-for-3ds-owners#

They're supposed to be out tomorrow.
    The day after tomorrow, is it not? The first of Sep. Thirty days have.....

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Could be tomorrow night at midnight. :)

Full list for people who can't reach Kotaku:

Super Mario Bros.
    Donkey Kong Jr.
    Balloon Fight
    Ice Climber
    The Legend of Zelda
    Wrecking Crew
    Mario Open Golf
    Yoshi's Egg
    Metroid
    Zelda II: The Adventure of Link.

This is the japanese list. US/EU games are expected to be the same, but this hasn't been confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

The first 2 LoZ will do me for a while haven't played 1 in years and never got around to 2. The others look like fun and will give them a go.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    Could be tomorrow night at midnight. :)
    Which will still be the 1st of September. ;)

Anyone know how we'll actually claim the games? Eurogamer are saying that you'll need proof of pre-price drop purchase. I hope registration with Club Nintendo should suffice, even though they said simply logging onto the e-shop should be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

not a bad list of games at all!

First two Zeldas + Super Mario Bros....I'm happy :D

edit: also, ice climber + metroid...:D never really played them properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Which will still be the 1st of September. ;)

Anyone know how we'll actually claim the games? Eurogamer are saying that you'll need proof of pre-price drop purchase. I hope registration with Club Nintendo should suffice, even though they said simply logging onto the e-shop should be ok.

You had to log onto the eshop befor the 12th of august just gone, as that was the the day of the price drop, so, I'm not sure if you have missed out, but I think there is a website you can go to for european sales prevs to 12th aug and reg your system but I have no idea what the address is, sorry!

The list of games is pretty cool must say!

Zelda 1 & 2, nice but have both for my GBA
    Super Mario Bros., nice too but have for my GBA
    Donkey Kong Jr. never played it tbh so, yay!
    Balloon Fight, never played it tbh so, yay!
    Ice Climber, never played it tbh so, yay!
    Wrecking Crew, never played it tbh so, yay!
    Mario Open Golf, never played it tbh so, yay!
    Yoshi's Egg, this is just Tetris with eggs etc, have it for my GBA
    Metroid, have it for my GBA

Even though I have 5 out of 10 of these games already, still a nice list of free games!

Does anyone know if these games will all fit onto the 2gb card along with the other 10 GBA games coming at Xmas? I know they are super small in size but with other games and vids downloaded since June, that 2gb card can fill up super fast.

You had to log onto the eshop befor the 12th of august just gone, as that was the the day of the price drop, so, I'm not sure if you have missed out, but I think there is a website you can go to for european sales prevs to 12th aug and reg your system but I have no idea what the address is, sorry!

The list of games is pretty cool must say!

Zelda 1 & 2, nice but have both for my GBA
    Super Mario Bros., nice too but have for my GBA
    Donkey Kong Jr. never played it tbh so, yay!
    Balloon Fight, never played it tbh so, yay!
    Ice Climber, never played it tbh so, yay!
    Wrecking Crew, never played it tbh so, yay!
    Mario Open Golf, never played it tbh so, yay!
    Yoshi's Egg, this is just Tetris with eggs etc, have it for my GBA
    Metroid, have it for my GBA

Even though I have 5 out of 10 of these games already, still a nice list of free games!

Does anyone know if these games will all fit onto the 2gb card along with the other 10 GBA games coming at Xmas? I know they are super small in size but with other games and vids downloaded since June, that 2gb card can fill up super fast.
    Ah, I logged on to the e-shop ages ago. I was just wondering since I read at the bottom of the Eurogamer post I linked to that you need proof of pre-preicedrop purchase to claim them.

Tad more info

And seems to be confirmed that all 10 games will be available on September 1st:
    The ten NES Virtual Console games will be available to Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors beginning Sept. 1. Due to the large number of redemptions, you may experience a longer than normal download time per game.
    And:
    Here's the news you've all been waiting for: Metroid, Open Tournament Golf, Wrecking Crew, Yoshi and Zelda II: The Adventure of Link are the other five NES VC games you will be available to download for free on 9/1.

Also, the games won't be available directly on the eShop, but on the "download history":
    From the Nintendo 3DS HOME menu, select the Nintendo eShop icon.
    Scroll left and select "Settings / Other."
    Scroll down and select "Account Activity" to view a list of transactions.
    The NES game will be listed here once it is available to download. Tap "Software Info," and then "Redownload" to begin the download process.

Also, an "Ambassador Certificate":
    The Ambassador Certificate is a downloadable video available to Ambassadors.

By tapping the receive button on the Touch Screen when viewing this video, Ambassadors will receive updates regarding the Ambassador Program, such as when new titles are available to download. As soon as details for the 10 Game Boy Advance Virtual Console titles are available, we will send an update to those who have opted in using the Ambassador Certificate.

Ambassadors will be able to download 10 Game Boy Advance Virtual Console titles for free before the end of the year.

So all ten definately on Thursday :D

My 3DS says that the shop is undergoing maintenance :D

The day after tomorrow, is it not? The first of Sep. Thirty days have.....

Yes, you're right. I are slow.

The games are there now.... downloading. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Just got them too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Do they take long to download?

About 20 seconds each. It dumps you back to the main eStore screen after grabbing each one, and it nearly takes longer to get back to the download screen (than it does to download them) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭smokingman

Got them all meself this morning.
    Looking forward to getting into Zelda and Metroid again but I've noticed that for a few of the games, there's an option for switching from player-1 to player-2 controls. Think I remember a while back reading that they would have added multiplayer towards xmas so that'll be cool.

Is the definitive list of free GBA games available yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ScaldyMc

No final list of gba games yet. Wouldn't expect them for a month or two yet.

hmmm... i bought my one after the price drop, so i am not entitled for those games, but i cant even buy them ... this is a bit stupid...

any idea, when some new games will be available on eshop?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

hmmm... i bought my one after the price drop, so i am not entitled for those games, but i cant even buy them ... this is a bit stupid...

any idea, when some new games will be available on eshop?

Ah its not that stupid really. You got it for a lot cheaper we get a few games :)

Also every Thursday they release at least one game.

shizz wrote: »
    Ah its not that stupid really. You got it for a lot cheaper we get a few games :)

Also every Thursday they release at least one game.

nah, its fair for those who bought 3ds before cut to get games for free, but i dont mind paying for those games, problem is we dont even get option to buy them... :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

nah, its fair for those who bought 3ds before cut to get games for free, but i dont mind paying for those games, problem is we dont even get option to buy them... :(

Nintendo are very fond of their artificial scarcity to promote hardcore devotion though - just look at the way they handle things like official soundtrack releases for the core Nintendo franchise games, or the Zelda retrospective game disc, for example.

I'd happily pay good money for the soundtracks to the last 4 or 5 Mario games, several of the Super Smash Bros games, several of the Zelda games and the Metroid Prime trilogy, for instance - and that's just off the top of my head. But I can't buy them - sure, I can find torrents of them if I really want, but I can't give Nintendo (or the original composer) some money for them. If I want a legit copy, I have to either jump through some damn-near-impossible hoops on the few occasions that Nintendo runs a competition, or I have to let go of silly amounts of money on the secondary market to someone who had nothing to do with creating the music I'm buying.

Which is bloody silly, really, but difficult to change.

I got them earlier, they look lovely on the crisp 3DS screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,595 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I got them earlier, they look lovely on the crisp 3DS screen.
    They sure do! What to try first...

Think i will try zelda. This should be good (but not as good as the gba ones).

Advertisement