Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

did anyone apply for the law course here?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bronagh93

I'm lucky enough, I only live 30 minutes from the college. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 irishblueberry

Bronagh93 wrote: »
    I'm lucky enough, I only live 30 minutes from the college. :)

Awww your so lucky (:
    Maybe I will see you in the course

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bronagh93

Yep, you should do. :P

Bronagh93 wrote: »
    Yep, you should do. :P
    Yeah lol... (:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 dean27

I only live 45 mins away. I'm still looking for accommodation with a mate tomorrow. We are also looking in to the ballyraine halls, they seem the most practical. See you all in a few weeks hopefully.

• Advertisement

dean27 wrote: »
    I only live 45 mins away. I'm still looking for accommodation with a mate tomorrow. We are also looking in to the ballyraine halls, they seem the most practical. See you all in a few weeks hopefully.
    Yeah :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

The course is recognised as an "approved degree" with the Kings Inn so I doubt its that bad of a course. Your always going to have people who look down on IT courses even though there is nothing wrong with them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

Points are low indeed, ive heard from people in the course that its a joke of a course and looked down upon vs. Law in a university, you could be up against those guys for jobs, plus the incredibly high drop out rate in LYIT, something very dodgy about it all. Having said that, LYIT is one of the best equipped campuses ive ever seen, but as for the course, i dunno, best ask someone who did it

Very high drop rate is more to do with the fact, that the student was either unable or unwilling to put the work load in. Or they really hated the isolation of the area. Some people will like Donegal, some will not

Yes, the courses would be looked down up, but the course covers all the main FE1 course and full subjects on employment and family.

When i was there, you had property (which for FE1 amounts to property = land land, a little bit of landlord and tenant, and succession) broken down to 3 1 year separate subjects (land, conveyance and landlord and tenant)

The lecturers, some are not great, but one or two of them are excellent. THe students are exposed to more or less the same literature and law books/articles materials , so with work, one has no excuse to be a good as a undergraduate law student in Trinity etc.

Looking at the questions from old exam papers, they are not all too different from questions posed from exam papers on the FE1's/

On top of the law subjects, you are exposed to the IT areas, accounting and taxation. which comes in very handy. From who i know, very few had problems getting some form of employment pre fe1 time, whether is a solicitor office or civil service etc. many might not go to law school, but that is soley by personal choices and not ability.

Its also down to willingness to work hard, and party hard.

As for the town, well, I was more than delighted to leave after 4 years (2 full years including summers) but that was only because I was tired of the place and had no money left. Other than that, it is a great town. Not too big but not too small. The locals are sound, once you get use of them. Its cheap area for rent. There is McDaid's footbal special, had loads of great nights out, whether it was mondays, wednesday or sundays nights (the few drinks in the Cottage bar at 1.30pm turning to all nighters occasions were fun)

Do not forget, that there are other decent places around Letterkenny to check out, and then Derry City is next door (no real need to go, but worth checking out)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 evelyn123

WhooooHoooHooo:) LYIT ARE SECOND BEST IT IN IRELAND! WELL DONE LYIT:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

LYIT has come a long way from the time I was there 14 years ago, all the staff must be commended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course the students who are the key players:) Oh how I miss Letterkenny and Donegal

Advertisement