Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SmackDown is.... Mizark Henry!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

I enjoy Henry as a heel in small doses. He plays his path of destruction character well but as for seeing him as a world champion or in the main event of a PPV I don't think anyone wants to see that. All he is is a strong man and after 5 years I was well sick of him. I can't take him serious any more as a potential top guy. I know it's down to the booking but going from a monster heel to a 2 minute jobber over and over again isn't going to make me believe that Henry is ever going to be world champion material.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

glenjamin wrote: »
    I can't take him serious any more as a potential top guy.

But remember when he was bending Frying Pans & holding cars back using his legs well if that doesn't scream main event material I don't know what does. Serious question is the World Strongest Man thing is that based off the stuff you'd see on the telly with them dragging buses & lifting esb poles.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

GTR63 wrote: »
    But remember when he was bending Frying Pans & holding cars back using his legs well if that doesn't scream main event material I don't know what does. Serious question is the World Strongest Man thing is that based off the stuff you'd see on the telly with them dragging buses & lifting esb poles.

No, he just did a record deadlift

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I don't mind Henry myself, he is decent for what he's booked as and that's a no-nonsense monster who talks little and destroys a lot.

Wouldn't have a problem with him being WHC for a month or two, providing that he can get good matches out of Orton which they probably could. Orton might have to carry him through some parts of the match, but im sure Henry would step up his game for the main event.

Thought his match against Sheamus was enjoyable enough.

Epic Mark Henry moment -

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

GTR63 wrote: »
    Didn't he take on Angle for the title in the Main Event of a Royal Rumble a few years back it was a awful match made worse when taker came back afterwards & teased challenging Angle making you wish if only it was them two who wrestled.

Yes, I remember that. Mainly cause, if I remember right, after Angle beat Henry, Taker rode out on a bloody chariot of all things. Such a random but awesome moment.

• Advertisement

Yes, I remember that. Mainly cause, if I remember right, after Angle beat Henry, Taker rode out on a bloody chariot of all things. Such a random but awesome moment.

I remember seeing the clip with the Crow at Mania I think & clearly seeing its leg tied to the perch. Animal Cruelty or what it hadn't a clue where it was. Really dissapointed Henry didn't win one of those competitions by throwing a Oven over a bale of Hay.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

He was a good ECW champion, he had some very good matches with Matt before he got fat. His face turn on Raw had fantastic potential especially when he debuted on Raw and got a reaction that the likes of Jo Mo can only dream off. Shame they never followed it up and stuck him in a nothing tag team with MVP..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

I'd like Henry to be reinvented and give him a proper WH title reign

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

And how many times has Henry been re-invented now?

And how many times has Henry been re-invented now?

Ya but a proper go at it,If WWE can make Rey Mysterio a champ,They could do wonders with a guy with actual talent

• Advertisement

Em..Mark Henry is a big guy and legitimately was the worlds strongest man at one point, but I wouldnt EVER put him before Rey Mysterio. Are you actually implying Rey Mysterio was a hard person to put the title on because he doesnt have "actual talent"?

This should be Mark Henry's last push. I mean I love watching the guy, he's actually one of my favourites, but he's had about 5 or 6 pushes already.

Em..Mark Henry is a big guy and legitimately was the worlds strongest man at one point, but I wouldnt EVER put him before Rey Mysterio. Are you actually implying Rey Mysterio was a hard person to put the title on because he doesnt have "actual talent"?

This should be Mark Henry's last push. I mean I love watching the guy, he's actually one of my favourites, but he's had about 5 or 6 pushes already.

Henry has been pushed but with terrible storylines,I just wish he was givin a proper go,Im sayin Mysterio has very little talent and has became a huge star

Prop Joe wrote: »
    ,Im sayin Mysterio has very little talent and has became a huge star
    I...wh...wha...

I...wh...wha...

Rey is an average wrestler who should of never been pushed beyond mid-card..His popularity could of kept the IC or Cruiserweight division alive,But him as a World Heavyweight Champ was ridiculous.It was so unbelievable him beating the likes of Batista on a regular basis

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Rey is an average wrestler

spit_coffee_Wut-s576x416-126987-580.png

What do you suggest for Mark Henry on Smackdown then?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

:eek: Two bandy knees but even a few weeks ago, look what he got out of Miz and Cena in one night!

Nevermind his amazing show-stealing performances with Jericho and Punk... I wonder if you're confusing his stale complete babyface character and his sterling in-ring work...

tbh someone who's been around as long as mark henry usually gets a world title reign (or fired!). I can't imagine he has a massive brilliant gimmick-change character in him (ala JBL) but who knows...

He's been booked well but much like Test, his push never amounts to anything, and it's happened so many times, who cares.

He could really use a manager and a catchphrase :cool:

jaykhunter wrote: »
    :eek: Two bandy knees but even a few weeks ago, look what he got out of Miz and Cena in one night!

Nevermind his amazing show-stealing performances with Jericho and Punk... I wonder if you're confusing his stale complete babyface character and his sterling in-ring work...

I think a few people turned on him ever since he milked Eddie's death a few years back,it was too much so soon after him dying. His work has been consistantly great even if he does go for the 619 a bit too much at times.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Im sayin Mysterio has very little talent and has became a huge star

• Advertisement

My biggest gripe with Rey his his moves cant really sell against bigger opponents

Anyways i thought of a little character change for Henry..PREPARE FOR LONG POST!!!!

Henry goes on over the next few weeks beating Sheamus,Barrett & Kane before beating Christian in a no.1 contenders match... After each victory the lights go out and a giant Skull like face appears on the titantron accompanied with an eeriee screech/laugh...Anyways after Orton defeats him at the following PPV,The lights go out.The skull appears and 8 hooded characters come to the ring and take Henry out of the arena shoulder high on a stretcher.

Two or so months later after Orton beats Barrett or whoever at a PPV..The lights go out and Papa Shongo appears on the ramp with The Silver back..He has his face painted like Shongo and long dreads..He destroys Orton in the ring and beats him on the following SmackDown for a 5/6 month title reign..

The plus for this angle would be to reinvent Henry,Give him a solid character he can work with for the rest of his career,Give him Papa Shongo as a manager to work his promo's and give SmackDown a proper heel to work with..

Realistic World's Strongest Man gimmick replaced by Hulkamania Era goofy Papa Shango remake.....

....no.....

Realistic World's Strongest Man gimmick replaced by Hulkamania Era goofy Papa Shango remake.....

....no.....

do you just disagree with everything i say??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

My biggest gripe with Rey his his moves cant really sell against bigger opponents

Anyways i thought of a little character change for Henry..PREPARE FOR LONG POST!!!!

Henry goes on over the next few weeks beating Sheamus,Barrett & Kane before beating Christian in a no.1 contenders match... After each victory the lights go out and a giant Skull like face appears on the titantron accompanied with an eeriee screech/laugh...Anyways after Orton defeats him at the following PPV,The lights go out.The skull appears and 8 hooded characters come to the ring and take Henry out of the arena shoulder high on a stretcher.

Two or so months later after Orton beats Barrett or whoever at a PPV..The lights go out and Papa Shongo appears on the ramp with The Silver back..He has his face painted like Shongo and long dreads..He destroys Orton in the ring and beats him on the following SmackDown for a 5/6 month title reign..

The plus for this angle would be to reinvent Henry,Give him a solid character he can work with for the rest of his career,Give him Papa Shongo as a manager to work his promo's and give SmackDown a proper heel to work with..

I like your style. I could see the old slime down the face gimmick working well on someone like Rey Mysterio, where you see the slime filling up his mask like water balloon.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Henry has been pushed but with terrible storylines,I just wish he was givin a proper go,Im sayin Mysterio has very little talent and has became a huge star

Mysterio has been a dull as hell face for years but he still pulls off great matches, go back to the early 2000's and he was having amazing matches, try find his match with Angle at Summerslam 2002, one of the best opening ppv matches ever imo.

Henry has always been a pissbreak/channel surfing wrestler for me, seriously how many failed pushes can one guy get, he's never been properly over, ever. when a 15 year veteran (thats mad! he's been around what, 6 years less than Taker?) cant get a reaction and is mostly remembered for being a bit of a fiend for some granny arse you know somethings gone wrong with a career. Provided Taker with his last crappy Mania match at 22, an absolute snoozefest of a casket match, compared with the matches he's had with Batista,Edge,Shawn and HHH since. says a lot when Taker cant drag a good match out of you on the biggest card of the year, if thats not motivation I dunno what it.

I couldn't care less about his strongman gimmick (bending frying pans on TV is not impressive - years of worked props (eg cynder blocks) have made me distrusting of any 'feats' in wrestling, even if it's real) so i'd like to see where this Papa Shango is going! :) couldn't be any worse than having the same character he's had for 10 years.

i worry it might turn out to be a winter/angelina love botch tho...worth a try.

If Ron Simmons wasn't over with the 'damn' thing, I'd have him as manager. Sure just turn him heel and have him do the scary promos with Henry.

do you just disagree with everything i say??
    I've had to so far. I don't agree with you at all about Rey Mysterio or how to book Mark Henry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Give him Papa Shongo as a manager to work his promo's and give SmackDown a proper heel to work with..
    jaykhunter wrote: »
    If Ron Simmons wasn't over with the 'damn' thing, I'd have him as manager. Sure just turn him heel and have him do the scary promos with Henry.

A Nation of Domination reformation confirmation would be an ideal situation - with Survivor Series around the corner (And Rocky Maivia is confirmed for Survivor Series!)

Dunno about Papa Shango as Henrys manager, would have to be a total change in Henrys character, which actually might be a good thing though.

A manager could be something refreshing for him, although didn't he have Tony Atlas as his manager a couple years ago and that didn't last very long.

Charisteas wrote: »
    A Nation of Domination reformation confirmation
    You did that on purpose ಠ_ಠ

• Advertisement

Came across this on Reddit

I mentioned it on the other thread that I've always liked Mark Henry. He was/is legitimately the World's Strongest Man. He's gotten a lot of pushes but never went right to the top. He had the ECW title for a while but sure feck that.

I wouldn't have thought I'd want him to get the title becuase I never really saw the appeal of it, and then I came across the vid.

Feel free to merge this with Mizark Henry if you want, but I'd like to see what people think about Mark Henry being given the title at some point.

Advertisement