Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Boards Fantasy Football League! Starts 13th August!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

As far as I know the points only start the week you join the league regardless if you have a team already in other leagues. So your points in one league could be say 200 but would be zero for the league you have just joined - it's done automatically.

Basically, then, it dosent matter when you join you will always start off on 0 - points dont carry over - so there's no advantage for late members of the league

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

jimbojazz wrote: »
    As far as I know the points only start the week you join the league regardless if you have a team already in other leagues. So your points in one league could be say 200 but would be zero for the league you have just joined - it's done automatically.
    Thats what I was thinking.

As far as I can remember, last year I joined a league late and my points were at zero in that league once I joined it.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

It hasn't been like that in a long time to the best of my experience but then again I haven't joined a league late in a long time. If you create a new league right now you see this as the description:
    Teams are ranked based on their total points in the game. You can join or leave a league with Classic scoring at any point during the season.

So whenever you come into a league your position is decided based on your total points, so anyone who starts playing from Gameweek 1 who joins an existing league simply slots in at a position relative to their points. At least that's my interpretation of it, open to being wrong on it though.

The only option you have is to delay when the league scoring starts....so you could create a new league say after Christmas that just runs for the new year. That's what we used to do for college, play for pints pre Christmas and then play for pints for the new year! Makes it that bit more interesting if you had a disaster of start :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jay.i.am

Just signed up.

Looked it up a bit more and your points are not affected if you join the league late so it will stay open through the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Cheers for setting this up Mitch, have to try and retain my Waterford Boards FF title this year. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭mecco

Looks like the new site is having capacity issues this morning (and last night). Wanted to do some tinkering but I'm secretly delighted as its a great excuse for why I'm not winning all around me!! :)

15 minutes to go, but the site has been gtting swamped since about 4 o' clock yesterday. Hardly anyone has been able to get into it, the server can't handle the rush of people.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I'm glad I did all my tinkering last week. Early predictions is I will race into an early lead and be bottom by November.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

I'm in.

Lads your wasting your time, I've got it in the bag! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

I'm hoping I'm not too late to join as it's only Gameweek 1, but if anyone has any objections I'll pull the team from it! :o

Can join at anytime, what matters is when you set up your team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

I did my team Thursday but the site was down all Friday night and Saturday morning when I went to join leagues?!

As long as your team was picked before Saturday morning you're on the same level as everyone else. Doesn't matter when you join the league.

42 points atm, and more points to come hopefully from Man City.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Had a 38 myself with a few points coming in from subs. not a bad start. it'll all go down pretty quickly i'd say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

45, and more from city, its downhill from here ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

I'll be using me wildcard this week anyway.

Gameweek 1 Results - Top 30

gameweek1results.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Don't mean to pee on your parade, but those results aren't final. The Man City V Swansea bonus points won't be out until later this morning and will need to be added in.

• Advertisement

Aye fair point, anyone who has Aguero will probabaly get extra points. I'll edit the post later.

Least I'm in the top 30 :) big push now next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

There's a note on their site about the shutdown last weekend:-

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~2421213,00.html

Thank god - I was going to have 20 points deducted.

Good man!! A chance now to replace one set of numpties with another!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

This is the greatest bit of news I've heard all year.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭sydsad

Gonna join this today. Have ,me team set up since yesterday. Tried to get it sorted Friday but it was done. Some dose. GW one missed. :(

Stick with it and you'll still be grand, most people give up and forget about it after a few weeks.

sydsad wrote: »
    Gonna join this today. Have ,me team set up since yesterday. Tried to get it sorted Friday but it was done. Some dose. GW one missed. :(

By the end of October you won't even notice. Nearly every team has a week that they only get a handful of points just write it off to that and you'll be laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭sydsad

Ah yeah hopefully ill get a few big scores. :)

I won my underground league last year heres hoping to another good season.

Let the games begin.

• Advertisement

sydsad wrote: »
    Ah yeah hopefully ill get a few big scores. :)

I won my underground league last year heres hoping to another good season.

Let the games begin.

Maybe this is obvious to absolutely everybody else but what the hell....huh, underground league?

Advertisement