Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: Garmin 500

Options
  • 18-06-2011 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭

Wanted Garmin 500 with or without HR/Cadence bundle.

Anyone selling one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

if you don't find anyone handtec.co.uk is about the cheapest place to pick one up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭moby2101

I bought one here a couple of weeks ago 149 stg + 10 delivery

http://www.heartratemonitor.co.uk/garmin_edge_500.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 pablos

hi i have a black 500 bundle with soft strap and cadence bundle if you are still looking for one

regards

p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

How much? What condition is it in? Do you have a proof of purchase?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,324 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This link was posted in the Broomwagon last night

£100 seems a pretty decent price for a new one;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Beasty wrote: »

It would be................

if they had any stock !
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

TheBlaaMan wrote: »

if they had any stock !
    'Twas apparently still in stock this morning. I've just had a similar unlucky experience with a bike :(

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,324 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

TheBlaaMan wrote: »

if they had any stock !
    Blame Lemag - he obviously precipitated a stampede when he put the original link up in the Brooomwagon;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

pablos wrote: »
    hi i have a black 500 bundle with soft strap and cadence bundle if you are still looking for one

regards

p

Ended up buying a new one but thanks.

well if anyone else is interested im looking for 150 for the entire bundle ie monitor,cadence sensor and new soft strap for heart rate. I had great plans of going all high tech with my training and simply dont use it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭drops

well if anyone else is interested im looking for 150 for the entire bundle ie monitor,cadence sensor and new soft strap for heart rate. I had great plans of going all high tech with my training and simply dont use it

Would you post to Sligo for e150, also do you have a paypal account for payment

cheers

Hi Drops

I have the instructions which are on a cd etc so will check tomorrow am what the postage costs are registered as im not sure id want to post it through the regular post ?
    I dont have a paypal account but im sure we can work something out i just dont want to commit to 150 including postage to find out its 20 to post or something as at 150 for all of it i think is a very fair price. But i will check in the morning and let you know, is that ok ?

Hi Drops

I have the instructions which are on a cd etc so will check tomorrow am what the postage costs are registered as im not sure id want to post it through the regular post ?
    I dont have a paypal account but im sure we can work something out i just dont want to commit to 150 including postage to find out its 20 to post or something as at 150 for all of it i think is a very fair price. But i will check in the morning and let you know, is that ok ?

no problem, sure let me know

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

Beasty wrote: »

Back in stock!

CPL 593H

Hi Drops
    its 15 to send the package by registered post. We can split it if you like and agree 157.50 ?

regards

p

Hi Drops
    its 15 to send the package by registered post. We can split it if you like and agree 157.50 ?

regards

p

sounds fair enough

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

CramCycle wrote: »

thant looks like the magnet and zip ties not the sensor (googling the part no.)

edit 47 quid for the cadence sensor on wiggle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

furiousox wrote: »
    Back in stock!

Did you get one for that price?

Did you get one for that price?

You have to collect in store T&C pain in the ass, why not give us the option of paying for postage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭slipstream

heads up ...

i just ordered a garmjn edge 500 for 99.97 sterling through evans using pricematch against bestbuy as suggested here.

free postage too!

colm

slipstream wrote: »
    heads up ...

i just ordered a garmjn edge 500 for 99.97 sterling through evans using pricematch against bestbuy as suggested here.

free postage too!

colm

Cheers for that, just mailed them to get it.

EDIT: Apparently they e-mail you a code for that price match, as soon as it is done I'll pop it up.

CramCycle wrote: »
    Cheers for that, just mailed them to get it.

EDIT: Apparently they e-mail you a code for that price match, as soon as it is done I'll pop it up.
    I'd guess that each code is unique. I've requested the pricematch also. Cheers for the heads up slipstream

slipstream wrote: »
    heads up ...

free postage too!

colm
    Didn't work for me. I initially sent them the pricematch request but I'd selected the black Garmin. The response I got was that the linked product was of a different colour so they wouldn't match it. So I did so again but with the blue/white one selected this time. They rejected my request stating that it was no longer in stock with their competitor. I checked and this wasn't the case so I rang them. I was on the phone for about 8 minutes as the assistant was having "difficulty" finding the Edge 500 on the 'Best Buy' site (I'd emailed him the link). He then informed me that, as 'Best Buy' aren't authorised Garmin dealers, they wouldn't match the price :(

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭baldshaunieb

Had the same problem with evans as well! At least they are consistent - mind you, when i pressed the guy i was dealing with over the phone, even he seemed less than convinced - had the feeling it was like reading from a prepared script - "insert name here" isn't an authorised dealer. Back to the search for a garmin 500 at a good price!

and it's total BS. Check out this link from Garmin's own site. 'Best Buy' are the second from the top. I've emailed Evans about it.

Lemag wrote: »
    and it's total BS. Check out this link from Garmin's own site. 'Best Buy' are the second from the top. I've emailed Evans about it.

I resent them a price match in blue (I also done it in black), not a huge fan of their customer care after I had issues with a bike I ordered off them in the past so if this doesn't go then I'll leave it, only buying it cause it is so cheap.

Let us know how you get on and I shall do the same if it works!! Cheers

Let us know how you get on and I shall do the same if it works!! Cheers
    It worked. I rang them and emailed the sales assistant with both the Best Buy link and the Garmin link whilst keeping him on the phone. He then asked me to request the pricematch via their website and he picked it up straight away and emailed me with the coupon code.

• Advertisement

It worked. I rang them and emailed the sales assistant with both the Best Buy link and the Garmin link whilst keeping him on the phone. He then asked me to request the pricematch via their website and he picked it up straight away and emailed me with the coupon code.

Ok cool, is it a once off code? Must try that now so, is it necessary to ring them first?

Advertisement