Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[2011-2012] What really happened to Madeleine McCann?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

If a high level of Paracetomol had been administered to the infants (enough to knock them out), there would be abdominal pain and severe vomiting after they awoke (certainly during the proceeding 24 hours). Most parents would know something was badly amiss if their children were this sick, especially parents who were medically trained.

That is actually not the point at all .The point I am making is Kate herself says she suspected the twins may have been drugged and yet didnt act on it at the time ,Very odd that a GP would be willing to wait till the next morning to see if they woke ok while suspecting her babies had been drugged .Dr Mc Cann would have no clue what , how much was given and yet did not act on her hunch .
    I have worked in Paeds A+E and parents will come to A+E even if they are not sure a child has indeed taken anything at all .If they even suspect the child has they arrive to be sure ,its being careful and alert and good parenting ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭badabing106

No matter who the tests were carried out on behalf of, there is no denying the home-office approved scientists who did the tests were professional and their conclusions were that no harmful drugs were administered to the twins that night.

http://truthformadeleine.com/2007/11/kate-takes-drug-tests-to-prove-she-wasnt-on-anti-depressants-when-madeleine-vanished/

They, say that no harmful drugs were administered , not that, no drugs were given to those children!

When Kazlux and others met with Mr. Amaral (Portugese investigator)

We wanted the twins tested for antihistaminica. The older types work sedating. You can find the traces up to 2 months after use. We were never allowed to test the twins until 3 months later when Kate called a collegue of mine. She wants an end to all the gossip and offers to have the twins tested for traces of sleeping pills. Kate knows as a doctor this is useless. But a little while later the same collegue receives a phonecall from Gerry who cancelles Kates’s offer and apologizes for her neurotic behaviour. We already knew Gerry traces all calls Kate makes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

If they did find antihistamines in the twins samples, what would that prove exactly? Giving a child antihistamines during a holiday certainly does not equate to purposely sedating them, nor does it prove you are guilty of any crime.

Badabing - could you provide a link for the quotes you are posting please? I haven't a clue who this Kazlux person is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Green Back

This completely stinks of a mossad 'event'.
    Gerry 'treated' well known mossad agent 'James Kearney' aka the Vulcan.

The Vulcan was based at the Israeli consulate in NY from June 2000 to November 2001.
    Rumours at Glenfield Hospital in November 2001 were that the surgery was a disaster because of a hand slippage while the vulcan was under the knief, resulting in major facial disfigurement.
    Aparently this wasn't the first case of negative surgical reactions from one group of special clients.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Mistyeyes321

Green Back wrote: »
    This completely stinks of a mossad 'event'.
    Gerry 'treated' well known mossad agent 'James Kearney' aka the Vulcan.

The Vulcan was based at the Israeli consulate in NY from June 2000 to November 2001.
    Rumours at Glenfield Hospital in November 2001 were that the surgery was a disaster because of a hand slippage while the vulcan was under the knief, resulting in major facial disfigurement.
    Aparently this wasn't the first case of negative surgical reactions from one group of special clients.
    Please excuse my ignorance here.:) What is all this about? I really don't get this can you explain it a little further just for little old mee?!:confused::)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Green Back

Please excuse my ignorance here.:) What is all this about? I really don't get this can you explain it a little further just for little old mee?!:confused::)

Think 911

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

police call..?

Eh? 911... Police call...Sorry I haven't got the slightest clue what either of you are refering to...How is these two related to Maddie Mccann?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Kildare Resident

Haven't read all the posts but am I the only one thinking that if it wasn't such a "well to do" family that they'd be left with the other kids and there would be bloody uproar if it was an unmarried couple on the S.W.?

I also think they should be looking at mammy........

Eh? 911... Police call...Sorry I haven't got the slightest clue what either of you are refering to...How is these two related to Maddie Mccann?:confused:

i was pointing out how unrelated nine eleven in the states has to do with madelines disappearance ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭furiousox

"The internet at its best" :rolleyes:
    I don't know what happened and neither do you.
    Now go to bed, it's late.

CPL 593H

furiousox wrote: »
    "The internet at its best" :rolleyes:
    I don't know what happened and neither do you.
    Now go to bed, it's late.

whos that directed at :confused:

Everyone on this thread, speculate all you like but remember that's all it is....gossip, theory, speculation... a waste of time and energy...
    No-one here knows for certain what happened to that child.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭badabing106

Everyone on this thread, speculate all you like but remember that's all it is....gossip, theory, speculation... a waste of time and energy...

THe British and Portugese police believe that Madeleine McCann died by cause of accident,not by homicide, and that the McCanns similated an abduction. British sniffer dogs got the scent of a dead body in the McCanns appartment and in their rental car, a car they rented three weeks after the "abduxction" of Madeleine Mccann. There was a dead body detected in the McCanns apartment and in their rental car? Who was the dead body if it was not Madeleine McCann?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Wow , how insightful
    . !

I take it you mean insightful?
    I know, thanks! :)

CPL 593H

British Papers reporting Maddie could well have been found in India! Dna test's have been taken so it would seem?!
    Then I just noticed this link...http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2019698/Madeleine-McCann-Hopes-dashed-sighting-India.html?ito=feeds-newsxml!
    Any thought's on this? Isit so rare in some foreign countries for a child to have blond hair? I don't think it is. So why is there always this big story when a child like this is seen?. Can't imagine what the Parent's of this child felt like having to Prove the child was their own Daughter!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Other's think the Mccann's was being watched by a paedophile ring, Again why not take all three kids?! If they was prepared to take the risk then why not?. It's like being robbed & just taking the Copper's & leaving the silver & gold!

Carrying one child is tough enough, carrying a child and two babies would be impossible, especially out a window.

I'm not sure why you assume the 4 year old to be copper compared to a baby who is silver/gold. Paedos are into what they are into, looks wise/age group wise, etc - they have preferences. The gold is more likely to be the 4 year old than a baby and the child is probably going to be killed within hours rather than days or weeks.

Anyhow, I'd put the chance that this is what happened at under 5% personally.

British Papers reporting Maddie could well have been found in India! Dna test's have been taken so it would seem?!
    Then I just noticed this link...http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2019698/Madeleine-McCann-Hopes-dashed-sighting-India.html?ito=feeds-newsxml!
    Any thought's on this? Isit so rare in some foreign countries for a child to have blond hair? I don't think it is. So why is there always this big story when a child like this is seen?. Can't imagine what the Parent's of this child felt like having to Prove the child was their own Daughter!:confused:

It's nonsense like the other dozen or so similar stories in the last couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

Gerry and Kate McCann do not believe a young girl spotted in India is their missing daughter, their spokesman said.
    Yea sadly they probably know EXACTLY what happend to thier daughter!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Everyone should try (however sick this may sound) to put themselves in the place of, say, a paedophile. If you wanted to abduct a child for your sick purposes what would be the best and easiest way to go about doing this?
    I'm going to rule out that the parents had a hand in this. Why? I just can't fathom it. They are loving parents to two of their children and a sadistic and callous to another? Doesn't make sense.
    So if we assume that Madeleine was well and truly abducted then it can only have been by a certain kind of person, i.e. a deranged murderer, a paedophile/sex trafficker, a childless person who wanted a baby OR someone who could make money selling the child to one of the aforementioned.
    So then begs the question if you were one of the above, what would be the best way to achieve your goal? Where could you best find and abduct a child without detection? Was the McCann's apartment the best place in Portugal outside of schools, beaches, playgrounds, etc.?
    Murderers usually grab a child who is on the way home from school or the shops. They don't usually actually break into someone's home, take a child and then kill that child. I mean a child murderer generally has to find a victim with the least possible suspicion hence meeting in bus stations or parks......i.e. no crime is committed in actually initiating contact with the victim so that if someone intervenes the murderer/paedo hasn't actually implicated himself in anything prosecutable other than suspicious behaviour.
    Breaking into a house is already a crime and as such would lead me to believe that the abductor wanted Madeleine specifically and not just any random child.
    I dunno...it's pretty baffling and a little depressing. I'm no sleuth but of all the cases of abductions that I've heard or read about I can't remember one being actually a break-in. Usually the victim is abducted from a scene that is part of their routine so in all likelihood they have been monitored over a period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭alanc2003

there was no sign of a break in so how is that explained away? i think the chances of a paedo/murderer breaking into the apartment is a fairly unlikely scenario.

anyway book sales must be dipping, they need to have the case in the news again, they do have a legal team to pay for after all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I dunno...it's pretty baffling and a little depressing. I'm no sleuth but of all the cases of abductions that I've heard or read about I can't remember one being actually a break-in. Usually the victim is abducted from a scene that is part of their routine so in all likelihood they have been monitored over a period.

Polly Klaas was abducted from her bedroom:

http://www.pollyklaas.org/about/pollys-story.html

Jonbenet Ramsey was also murdered in her own home, while her parents slept.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JonBen%C3%A9t_Ramsey

They are rare enough occurences, but they do happen. The patio doors to the McCann's apartment were unlocked, so that would be easy enough access for any potential abductor. No forced entry needed there.

In my opinion, someone was watching the family for a while before she was snatched. They knew the parents regularly ate out in the evenings, making sytematic checks every 15-20 minutes or so. That is more than enough time to slip through the patio door and snatch the little girl.

A tragic case indeed and one that, in my opinion, has little chance of a happy ending :(

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭alanc2003

But were the doors unlocked? The mccanns only came up with that story after the police found no evidence of a kidnapper climbing in or out of the bedroom window

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Carrying one child is tough enough, carrying a child and two babies would be impossible, especially out a window.

I'm not sure why you assume the 4 year old to be copper compared to a baby who is silver/gold. Paedos are into what they are into, looks wise/age group wise, etc - they have preferences. The gold is more likely to be the 4 year old than a baby and the child is probably going to be killed within hours rather than days or weeks.

Anyhow, I'd put the chance that this is what happened at under 5% personally.

It's nonsense like the other dozen or so similar stories in the last couple of years.

The point I was trying to make here was, If someone is going to take the time to stake my house out for their financial Gain...Why would they do all that only taking the Penny Jar & leaving the Notes.! I was also replying to someone who said they thought this child was taken for them to bring up as their own child. My point there was Maddie would likely take far longer to forget her parent's than a Baby would!
    I agree with your last Comment!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

Ok, so someone sees a child they think is Madeleine and take action. How do Kate and Gerry react? They study the photo and conclude they do not think its Madeleine. Thats it nothing else. They do not use this opportunity to revive awareness of the case, they express no thanks to the people who keep Madeleines image in their mind and contuine to look for her when they are away. I cant understand why they didnt jump on this publicity and put Madeliene back in the limelight once more. Very strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

If the dog says there was a cadaver and in such a small space. Well I believe that dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

The point I was trying to make here was, If someone is going to take the time to stake my house out for their financial Gain...Why would they do all that only taking the Penny Jar & leaving the Notes.! I was also replying to someone who said they thought this child was taken for them to bring up as their own child. My point there was Maddie would likely take far longer to forget her parent's than a Baby would!
    I agree with your last Comment!

You are also making the assumption that if someone took her it was for financial gain, I'd estimate that scenario as far less likely than others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭MapForJ

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Calpol is paracetemol. It does not make you sleepy.
    there is a calpol with an antihistamine which can help sleep. i doubt if a doctor would make a mistake in dose in that or any sleep inducer. If given too much she would be more likely to die from the paracetamol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭MapForJ

lugha wrote: »
    just as easily happen if you are too far away from your children to hear them crying. Whether than is 12, 120 or 1,200 metres makes no material difference.
    that is rubbish. anyone intent on wrongdoing is much more likely to enter when the owner is 1200 meters away than when they are in the back garden.

This would apply especially to opportunists but to planned crime as well. No criminal wants to be seen the thing is to get in and out quick. Do you know how criminals go through drawers for this purpose of in and out fast?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

MapForJ wrote: »
    that is rubbish. anyone intent on wrongdoing is much more likely to enter when the owner is 1200 meters away than when they are in the back garden.

This would apply especially to opportunists but to planned crime as well. No criminal wants to be seen the thing is to get in and out quick. Do you know how criminals go through drawers for this purpose of in and out fast?
    But many (most?) people posting here do not believe that Madeleine was abducted, rather than she died in some manner of unfortunate accident that may have been prevented had the McCanns provided a better (indeed many would say, basic) level of supervision for their children.

It is with respect to this scenario that I argue that there is no real difference between having a house or garden party where you cannot hear your children and one where you may be a considerable distance from your home.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement